Mercedes / AMG Mercedes talk on the E55 AMG, SLK 55, SL65, the other Classic Mercedes models.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: EGT Mercedes

evosport and Powerchip Stage 1 C63 ECU Tune and Development

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-01-2008, 07:13 PM
Former Vendor
brad @ evosport is a glorious beacon of lightbrad @ evosport is a glorious beacon of lightbrad @ evosport is a glorious beacon of lightbrad @ evosport is a glorious beacon of lightbrad @ evosport is a glorious beacon of light
evosport and Powerchip Stage 1 C63 ECU Tune and Development

So, many of you have seen what we have been doing to the CLK63 Black Series and keep asking "what about my 63?" - well the day is finally here, I can finally start to release more information.

Powerchip and evosport have been working on 63-series AMG cars for well over a year. In fact, I think that we may have been the first to start this process. So the question is often asked "why does it take so long to release new items or update us?" and the answer is simple - we do not release information until it is real and tangible and meets our and our customers expectations. Today is the first day in many to come!

Using our C63 development car, we were able to finalize the stage 1 ECU tune finally. Without further text, I submit to you all:

STOCK BASELINE C63 DYNO
HP: 452.67 (371.19 RWHP)
Torque: 445.18 (365.05 RWTQ)
*MBZ claims 450 HP & 443 TQ for a stock car so above numbers are in-line with that claim

TUNED C63 DYNO (ONLY SOFTWARE ON CA 91 PUMP GAS)
HP: 531.45 (435.79 RWHP)
Torque: 483.74 (396.67 RWTQ)

+79 HP & 38 FT-LBS GAIN!

The above run is with Smoothing set to ZERO. We never hide behind high smoothing numbers that do not tell the entire story. You will note that in 5th gear (1:1) there is some "knock" activity. That is due to the poor CA fuel and the lack of sufficient airflow to sustain the heat load.

The above is the same set of runs with smoothing set to 5 to smooth out the lines (although you will note without any smoothing the Powerchip tune is very smooth in 4th gear).

The best thing is that this tune is available NOW for your 63 and is only $1990 with a 14 day money satisfaction guarantee and 3 year warranty.

With 93 or 100 non-California octane fuel, you can expect even better numbers.

The next steps in development will be:
  • Stage 2 Software (expected to gain 8-12 whp more)
  • evosport upgraded Airboxes
  • evosport long tube headers with proper x-pipe
  • evosport Crank Pulley
  • and more.....
Please feel free to ping us with any questions or comments!

thanks
Brad

Old 10-02-2008, 08:39 PM
DFW911T will become famous soon enoughDFW911T will become famous soon enough
Nice work Brad.
I've been happy with my previous Evosport upgrades.

Old 10-03-2008, 06:24 PM
casper is just really nicecasper is just really nicecasper is just really nicecasper is just really nicecasper is just really nice
great numbers. definitely a bang for the buck mod

Old 10-04-2008, 02:09 AM
996TTDave has a spectacular aura about996TTDave has a spectacular aura about996TTDave has a spectacular aura about
Whoa... now that is must get for all C63 drivers, nice boost of power!

Old 10-04-2008, 02:53 AM
Mr.PS is a splendid one to beholdMr.PS is a splendid one to beholdMr.PS is a splendid one to beholdMr.PS is a splendid one to beholdMr.PS is a splendid one to beholdMr.PS is a splendid one to beholdMr.PS is a splendid one to behold
The C63 may not be the most amazing car in terms of status. It's still a C-class (only really visible to us enthusiasts), but IMO it's one of the best bangs for the buck out there right now maybe next to the z06. The capacity to increase power is just phenomenal. Not to mention the car looks, sounds, and performs GREAT. The performance pack gives it even more of an edge with floating roters, tighter suspension, alcatrana wheel, LSD, and carbon fiber interior trim.

I <3 the C63

To bad Mercedes lease deals on the C63 are really bad right now...

Old 10-04-2008, 10:17 PM
BLACKC63LSD is on a distinguished road
Unhappy

Originally Posted by Mr.PS
The C63 may not be the most amazing car in terms of status. It's still a C-class (only really visible to us enthusiasts), but IMO it's one of the best bangs for the buck out there right now maybe next to the z06. The capacity to increase power is just phenomenal. Not to mention the car looks, sounds, and performs GREAT. The performance pack gives it even more of an edge with floating roters, tighter suspension, alcatrana wheel, LSD, and carbon fiber interior trim.

I <3 the C63

To bad Mercedes lease deals on the C63 are really bad right now...
I just leased a 2009 for 48mths and 12K miles/yr for $2,300 d/o and @ $1,050/month. The buyout is just shy of $30K. BTW, there were a couple of C63's that recently landed in the U.S. with the 471-LSD without the full PP which I decided against b/c I read that the PP suspension was too stiff for an "everyday driver". According to M/Benz these cars were a mistake. The PP rotors do not decrease braking distance, they are only lighter in weight and don't get as hot. Also, the alcatrana steering wheel is ugly and wears poorly.

The car sounds awesome but above 5,000 RPM's does not pull that hard. Although it's not as strong, my C55 seems to pull more evenly from 0 to the redline. Maybe because the C55 has more torque then HP. I am hoping that the car will pull harder over 5,000 RPM's with the ECU upgrade. However, I cannot understand how Evosport can get the car to generate over 518HP without risking damage to the motor.

Does anyone know whether it would be safer to stick with the Renntech ECU2 upgrade at $3,495 and settle for 501HP? I don't want to risk blowing the motor and have mercedes void my warranty.

Last edited by BLACKC63LSD; 10-04-2008 at 10:44 PM.
Old 10-05-2008, 06:01 AM
Yaroslav is on a distinguished road
What power do you expect with?
  • evosport Crank Pulley
Also why long tube is better that short?

Old 10-21-2008, 04:55 PM
Former Vendor
brad @ evosport is a glorious beacon of lightbrad @ evosport is a glorious beacon of lightbrad @ evosport is a glorious beacon of lightbrad @ evosport is a glorious beacon of lightbrad @ evosport is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by DFW911T
Nice work Brad.
I've been happy with my previous Evosport upgrades.
Thanks!

Originally Posted by casper
great numbers. definitely a bang for the buck mod
Originally Posted by 996TTDave
Whoa... now that is must get for all C63 drivers, nice boost of power!
Agree, thanks!

Originally Posted by Mr.PS
I totally agree with this. This is a high value car. You can transfer over al of the performance from the CLK63 Black Series in a car that is 1/2 as much money. And if you are mod crazy, you can build a 500+whp beast with a wide body kit, carbon everything, etc for less then the sticker on a Black!

Originally Posted by BLACKC63LSD
However, I cannot understand how Evosport can get the car to generate over 518HP without risking damage to the motor.

Does anyone know whether it would be safer to stick with the Renntech ECU2 upgrade at $3,495 and settle for 501HP? I don't want to risk blowing the motor and have mercedes void my warranty.
We have been working on the 63 motored AMG cars since about the first day they hit the US. We have made more power from them then anyone. SAFE power. In fact, our first car is drag raced, street raced and road raced regualrly. He is making over 500 whp and has not had ONE issue. These cars are very solid.

Remember, these mods are not openning the motor, they are bolt on. Further, when comparing our gains, realize we are using CA 91 as well, which is not as good as the 93 octane other tuners are using, so the gains are even greater.

Good tuning is good tuning. We have showcased the tunes. Please don't think that less power equals better tuning. I have nothing but respect for the other tuners in the market including Renntech. You will not hear me mention a bad word. What I will tell you is that we may be just a bit ahead on the 63's then the others. I am sure that eventually everyone will catch up, that is the norm in this industry.

Originally Posted by Yaroslav
What power do you expect with?
  • evosport Crank Pulley
Also why long tube is better that short?
Total we should see 475whp+

Long tubes are critical to make power as the shorties do not give you the length in the primary pipes required to make power. These motors are no different then any US v8 or NASCAR v8 - long tube headers are your biggest power gain!

thanks
Brad

Old 10-21-2008, 05:01 PM
BLACKC63LSD is on a distinguished road
Thanks Brad!

You mentioned that you are drag racing the car regularly. Do you know what ET the C63 is turning in the quarter mile with the ECU upgrade?

Old 10-22-2008, 03:22 PM
DFW911T will become famous soon enoughDFW911T will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by brad @ evosport
I totally agree with this. This is a high value car. You can transfer over al of the performance from the CLK63 Black Series in a car that is 1/2 as much money. And if you are mod crazy, you can build a 500+whp beast with a wide body kit, carbon everything, etc for less then the sticker on a Black!
I hereby invoke the memory of Marvin Gaye and Tammy Tyrell, "Ain't nothin' like the real thing baby". Go ahead, you can sing it!
We have been working on the 63 motored AMG cars since about the first day they hit the US. We have made more power from them then anyone. SAFE power.
....What I will tell you is that we may be just a bit ahead on the 63's then the others. I am sure that eventually everyone will catch up, that is the norm in this industry.
Brad
Great, you'll have Andy nuts!

Old 10-23-2008, 12:27 AM
Jorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant future
That's some amazing numbers for a natural aspirated car.

Old 10-23-2008, 09:00 AM
humveelat is on a distinguished road
Wow! That a great boost of power mate. Congrats!

Old 10-23-2008, 03:25 PM
Stevenh is an unknown quantity at this point
+79 HP & 38 FT-LBS GAIN!
Ummmmm, does anyone else find it a little misleading to claim gains over a baseline reading that is clearly erroneous? The stock reading cut out at ~5,600 RPM which is well short of the 6,800rpm mark where Mercedes claims it will make peak power and regardless of that, it is pretty clear the line is still climbing! I don't doubt that some serious gains are there, but advertising a number like that seems a little unfair IMO.

Old 10-23-2008, 03:42 PM
Former Vendor
Well, if you READ our post, you will see that we CLEARLY stated that ON both dyno charts posted.

thanks
brad

Old 11-05-2009, 09:54 PM
globalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond repute
I know this is old but has anyone confirmed this type of HP gain???

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: evosport and Powerchip Stage 1 C63 ECU Tune and Development