Mercedes / AMG Mercedes talk on the E55 AMG, SLK 55, SL65, the other Classic Mercedes models.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: EGT Mercedes

Thoughts/opinions on G500?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-10-2010, 06:46 PM
Evo650 has a reputation beyond reputeEvo650 has a reputation beyond reputeEvo650 has a reputation beyond reputeEvo650 has a reputation beyond reputeEvo650 has a reputation beyond reputeEvo650 has a reputation beyond reputeEvo650 has a reputation beyond reputeEvo650 has a reputation beyond reputeEvo650 has a reputation beyond reputeEvo650 has a reputation beyond reputeEvo650 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jr1966
Well then, these posts are VERY encouraging. Time to put my Wrangler up for sale and shop for a G-wagen.

I'm sure there aren't much electronic issues in the G compared to any recent MBs of the past couple of decades considering that these were made without much changes since the 70s. Can anyone confirm this?
Mine have been rock solid but, like all vehicles, there are a few potential problem areas. Here's a link to a great forum; http://www.clubgwagen.com. There are several threads that explain some of the issues that each model year may have.

Old 12-05-2010, 06:34 PM
Paul K is on a distinguished road
All:

Great thread, as I am considering replacing my '04 Land Rover Discovery with a G500. I have read that in the later part of 2003, the reliability (especially electrical systems) improved, but now I read 2006 was better. Anyone got any additional info? Also, is the AMG that much faster? I was considering a MkIII Range Rover, but I have yet to be convinced that LR has addressed the reliability issues.

Cheers,

Paul.

Old 12-06-2010, 02:11 PM
factoryKITTED is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Paul K
All:

Great thread, as I am considering replacing my '04 Land Rover Discovery with a G500. I have read that in the later part of 2003, the reliability (especially electrical systems) improved, but now I read 2006 was better. Anyone got any additional info? Also, is the AMG that much faster? I was considering a MkIII Range Rover, but I have yet to be convinced that LR has addressed the reliability issues.

Cheers,

Paul.

Uh yes. The 55k is a world faster than the 500/550. I own a 06 with no real problems.

Old 12-09-2010, 12:03 AM
omarisramo is on a distinguished road
i have a 02 G500. I love it. Has a heavy steering and guzzles gas, but that's about it. Everything else is awesome. Oh and the audio sucks if you dont have good speakers. It's been storming here in Cleveland and im just reeking havoc lol.

i love my G wagon. always will. thinking about trading it in for a G55 though.

Old 12-09-2010, 01:30 AM
teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !
I'm thinking of trading my G550 for a G55, and my sound system kills what was available in the G500, and the power does too.

Old 12-09-2010, 03:36 PM
omarisramo is on a distinguished road
My brother has a 2004 Porsche Cayenne S. As much as i love that vehicle, you cant compare it all. We always get into petty fights about who has a better car lol.

He's just mad i got a better deal/car/everything

The cayenne is super fast for what it is. the funny thing is my honda is just as fast as it

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.