Merchandise For Sale / Wanted Sell anything LEGAL and not car related in this section. A great source to find deals on watches, art, services, and more

For Sale: Tour de France ridden LOOK 695

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-25-2015, 04:12 PM
justin.. is on a distinguished road

Gents,

I need to slim down my cycling collection, and after much internal debate I've decided to let my piece of Tour de France memorabilia go to a new home.

I have a 2010 LOOK 695 in the rare mondrian livery that was ridden in the last stage of the tour which follows the famous Champs-Élysées. One stage ride means it's still in mint condition and even more rare, it still has the Vittel number plate still installed. Even more rare on top of that, it still has the BBB cycling computer and Zefal bottle cages installed.

This was Sebastien Minards bike while he was riding for Cofidis. Size medium. Full Dura Ace 7900 with the team issue FSA tubular wheels (as well as team issue FSA chainrings). All LOOK 695's use an integrated Zed carbon crankset, integrated E-post seat post, and integrated fully adjustable carbon C-Stem. Incredibly light and amazingly efficient with power transfer.

These are going for $7k to around $9k as complete bikes on eBay. To be honest I feel the tour heritage value is pretty subjective here in the USA and it very might be only worth what other enthusiasts deem fit. It is a spectacular example of really rare tour ridden bikes that made their way out of team hands. It would make a fantastic art piece...I could just never bring myself to ride it.

Located in San Francisco. I'll pay fully insured shipping anywhere in the lower 48. Anywhere out of the country and you'll need to arrange shipping (I'll box it for you though and can deliver to any bike shop in the Bay Area). I'm happy to take it to A Bicycle Odysea in Sausalito to have them verify everything for a serious buyer if needed. They are one of the premier LOOK dealers around.

Asking $7,500.00 or best offer.
Thanks for looking.

Last edited by justin..; 02-20-2015 at 04:22 PM.
Old 01-27-2015, 12:27 PM
cohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud of
Wow, what a cool bike. I have no idea what it's worth, but glws!

Old 01-27-2015, 03:36 PM
Thanks! Truth be told I'm not really sure if TDF memorabilia is sought after in the US. After all, it is just a bicycle. An expensive one, but still. The asking price is just slightly over what other 695's are going for on eBay and Craigslist.

I guess I'd also be open to some interesting trades. Just no more bicycles as I have to many as it is. Maybe someone has a Ur Quattro Coupe, or a clean Discovery they want to trade?

Last edited by justin..; 01-27-2015 at 04:03 PM.
Old 02-09-2015, 12:00 AM
Pm's replied to. Still no solid deals though. Open to cash offers and interesting trades.

Thanks!

Old 02-20-2015, 04:24 PM
Bump for a pretty significant price drop.
I'll also offer a $500.00 reduction if picked up in the Bay Area. Thanks for looking.

Old 04-10-2015, 11:58 AM
Bump. Still available. Obviously no rush to sell, but I would also be interested any interesting trades (high mile E36 M3's, Boxster, TT Quattro Coupe, 1983-ish Coupe Quattro).

Last edited by justin..; 04-10-2015 at 12:07 PM.