Merchandise For Sale / Wanted Sell anything LEGAL and not car related in this section. A great source to find deals on watches, art, services, and more

KMA-628 License Plate Frames (like CHP 11-99)

Old 03-22-2006, 08:13 PM
Welcome to the OC, bitch!
trojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant future
KMA-628 License Plate Frames (like CHP 11-99)

I have access to a reasonable number of official "Los Angeles KMA-628" license plate frames. These frames are similar to the highly sought after CHP 11-99 frames, except KMA-628 is station identifier for the Los Angeles Sheriff's Department.

A portion of the proceeds benefit the Sheriff's Relief Foundation. These frames are entirely legal to possess, and I make no representations that they will get you out of a ticket (just as CHP 11-99 makes no such representations).

The price is $25 each + $7 shipping

email ryan at gaytanfoods dot com to get one.

Attached Images  
Old 03-23-2006, 01:46 AM
SteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud of
is there a website that explains what they're about similar to the 11-99 website?

Old 03-23-2006, 01:07 PM
trojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant future
no i'm afraid there isn't.

Old 03-23-2006, 03:21 PM
Will Party for Food!!!!
Jeremy has a reputation beyond reputeJeremy has a reputation beyond reputeJeremy has a reputation beyond reputeJeremy has a reputation beyond reputeJeremy has a reputation beyond reputeJeremy has a reputation beyond reputeJeremy has a reputation beyond reputeJeremy has a reputation beyond reputeJeremy has a reputation beyond reputeJeremy has a reputation beyond reputeJeremy has a reputation beyond repute
I found this: http://www.laalmanac.com/transport/tr34k.htm which provides basically the same insight, the difference is that 11-99 is a charity foundation while KMS-628 was the FCC ID for the LA County Sheriff's Dept as trojanman said.

Hope that's helpful,
Jeremy

Old 03-23-2006, 03:59 PM
Jeremy is correct. "KMA-628" is not a charity organization. The frames however are exclusively sold to LASD employees and affiliates and part of the proceeds benefit the LASD Relief Fund, which is similar to the 11-99 foundation.

Old 03-23-2006, 05:38 PM
immaculate will become famous soon enough
email sent

aaron

Old 03-23-2006, 10:13 PM
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
i'm always curious about the relationship between LA County Sheriff, LAPD & CHP. do they all love each other like brothers or i'll get bugged running 11-99 frame on local street? vice versa.

Old 03-24-2006, 01:38 AM
trovan is just really nicetrovan is just really nicetrovan is just really nicetrovan is just really nice
Originally Posted by 20C4S
i'm always curious about the relationship between LA County Sheriff, LAPD & CHP. do they all love each other like brothers or i'll get bugged running 11-99 frame on local street? vice versa.
my brother-in-law, a detective with local PD, seem to have suggested absolutely no love between the various agenecies...

Old 03-24-2006, 10:14 AM
Originally Posted by 20C4S
If you have a badge, 99% of the time you get "professional courtesy".

Regarding license plate frame: only the agency on the license plate frame cares about the license plate frame. So, if you have 11-99 and get pulled over by LAPD or LASD, you should expect no special treatment. You might get lucky with a cool cop though (like if I pull you over, I'd be more inclined to give you leniancy with one of those frames).

One thing is for certain: a license frame of any kind help infinitely more than stupid stickers you get in the mail. Any kind of police sticker on your window doesn't help at all, and in fact can act as a neon sign saying "please pull me over, because I expect special treatment for my stupid sticker".

Old 03-24-2006, 04:08 PM
immaculate will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by trojanman
Any kind of police sticker on your window doesn't help at all, and in fact can act as a neon sign saying "please pull me over, because I expect special treatment for my stupid sticker".
HILARIOUS. i never even got those stickers in the mail, so i guess i'm lucky?

btw thx again trojanman and let me know if you have room for a couple more. my gf would like the plate frames as well

aaron

Old 03-24-2006, 05:26 PM
Porsche Fiend
Hamann7 will become famous soon enoughHamann7 will become famous soon enough
Trojanman, I emailed you this morning... did you receive it?

Old 03-25-2006, 10:36 AM
Tyson, check your email.

To Everyone else: I am temporarily out of stock. I'm doing my best to get some more for next week. I'll keep you posted.

Old 03-25-2006, 11:18 AM
fdb996c2 will become famous soon enoughfdb996c2 will become famous soon enough
I have been pulled over by local officers twice on Highway 1 (also patrolled by the CHP); didn't receive a ticket either time. Don't know for sure whether the 11-99 frame helped or not, but each time I was treated with courtesy and leniency.

Old 05-06-2009, 05:36 PM
smooth8 is on a distinguished road
I'd like to buy 2

Old 05-06-2009, 06:36 PM
Mods, please close thread. No more available to sell.

Sorry

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: KMA-628 License Plate Frames (like CHP 11-99)