DoD Guys - question for you

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-05-2009, 06:01 AM
boochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond repute
DoD Guys - question for you

DoD Guys,

Just wondering if anyone has some suggestions of news sites, papers, magazines, periodicals and any other immediate sources of up to date information you could suggest where I can keep up to the minute on DoD IT Spending and Projects? I know of sites such as FCW Daily, but am always eager to know if there are any more suggestions. Thanks guys.

Little backgrounder, I have recently accepted the position to manage a DoD technology license sales team for the leader in the SW platform and application technologies industry. Thanks.

Feel free to PM me as well if you are in DoD and would like to discuss further. Thanks.

Old 11-05-2009, 06:40 AM
Almo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by boochook
DoD Guys,

Just wondering if anyone has some suggestions of news sites, papers, magazines, periodicals and any other immediate sources of up to date information you could suggest where I can keep up to the minute on DoD IT Spending and Projects? I know of sites such as FCW Daily, but am always eager to know if there are any more suggestions. Thanks guys.

Little backgrounder, I have recently accepted the position to manage a DoD technology license sales team for the leader in the SW platform and application technologies industry. Thanks.

Feel free to PM me as well if you are in DoD and would like to discuss further. Thanks.
Big picture... DOD Office of Procurement covering NJOIC / GSAF, N2C2, NGB JoCC.

Another avenue, see if you have one of your reps that might be tapped into/affiliated with OSD which might have a good rapport. Recommend you inquire about facility build out in Herndon, OSD is key on this dig and will benefit you and your effort.

Old 11-05-2009, 06:55 AM
Drummerboy is on a distinguished road
Congrats on the new gig!

- Rob

Old 11-05-2009, 09:31 AM
boochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond repute
Allen - Thanks bud, this is a great start.....I've got a rep who calls on OSD and will check with them as well. I'll look in to the build-out in Herndon.

Originally Posted by Almo

Big picture... DOD Office of Procurement covering NJOIC / GSAF, N2C2, NGB JoCC.

Another avenue, see if you have one of your reps that might be tapped into/affiliated with OSD which might have a good rapport. Recommend you inquire about facility build out in Herndon, OSD is key on this dig and will benefit you and your effort.

Old 11-05-2009, 09:32 AM
Gracias Roberto!!

Old 11-05-2009, 06:16 PM
atleung will become famous soon enoughatleung will become famous soon enough
Berk--You may know these sources already, but just in case...

www.fbo.gov
www.input.com
www.fedsources.com

BTW, WTF is "leader in the SW platform and application technologies industry"?

Al

DoD Guys,

Old 11-05-2009, 06:41 PM
Hey Al - thanks for the leads.

Hahahahaha - what I mean is "Oracle". ;-P

Old 11-06-2009, 08:32 AM
AvusRS6 will become famous soon enoughAvusRS6 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by atleung
Berk--You may know these sources already, but just in case...

www.fbo.gov
www.input.com
www.fedsources.com

BTW, WTF is "leader in the SW platform and application technologies industry"?

Al
Hey Al, long time dude!!!!

I was wondering the same thing on teh leader in SW platform thing.

Old 11-06-2009, 08:34 AM
AvusRS6 will become famous soon enoughAvusRS6 will become famous soon enough
Hey Al - thanks for the leads.

Hahahahaha - what I mean is "Oracle". ;-P
What exactly are you doing for Oracle? I may need your help on the SUN Portion if you have any insight there.

Old 11-06-2009, 10:17 AM
Al / Alex - you're lucky I like the both of you, otherwiseeeeeee........hahahahahahahhaa ;-P

Long time no see for you both. Let's get together soon.

Al - I want to see the 964 again at some point. Saw you went to AtSpeed, sorry I missed the event so we could catch up

Alex - where the HELL have you been dude?? Even longer time, no speak buddy!!! When the heck are you getting back in a PCar. As for Oracle, I have been a Federal Channel Manager covering the DoD, Civ and Intel business in the partner space, and have recently accepted the position to manage a DoD Tech License Sales Team. Great stuff. As for SUN, no news yet as the acquisition is still under review until further notice so we are limited in terms of where it's going to go plus we are required to stay tight lipped anyways on what we do know. Let's talk though regardless (off-line even, I'll give you a call or I'll PM you my ORCL specific cell #) b/c I'd like to catch up with you on what your company does and if you're not an ORCL partner I can help you out with that if you wanted to be (reseller, integrator, ISV, etc etc etc).

Berk

Originally Posted by AvusRS6
What exactly are you doing for Oracle? I may need your help on the SUN Portion if you have any insight there.

Old 11-06-2009, 10:23 AM
Alex, just PM'd you!

Originally Posted by AvusRS6

Old 11-06-2009, 01:54 PM
atleung will become famous soon enoughatleung will become famous soon enough
It's a 911 my friend. I'm trying to get rid of the HRE C20's on my 997 C4S. You know anyone who might want to trade their OEMs for them plus cash? Will need to be local since I am lazy. PM if yes please. Thanks.

[quote=boochook;2610065]

Al - I want to see the 964 again at some point. Saw you went to AtSpeed, sorry I missed the event so we could catch up

Old 11-06-2009, 07:47 PM
Yeah buddy, meant to say 911 . My bad. That car is just drop dead gorgeous. Can't wait to see it again soon.

I'll look in to finding a buyer for the C20's. Got a buddy w/ a 997 C4S, but he's in Boston. Now, here's the thing, he is moving to Miami and will drive through here so maybe I can work something out for you w/ him. Only problem is he doesn't have OEM's. I'll ask around for you though. Would these fit on my 996 C4S?????

Just PM me price you are looking for w/ trade of OEM wheels and which 997 OEM's for the 4S you want, I think there's a couple styles. Worst case, just email me at "berk at midatlanticmotorclub.com.

Berk

[QUOTE=atleung;2610351]It's a 911 my friend. I'm trying to get rid of the HRE C20's on my 997 C4S. You know anyone who might want to trade their OEMs for them plus cash? Will need to be local since I am lazy. PM if yes please. Thanks.

Old 01-12-2010, 02:59 PM
NOVAgearhead is a glorious beacon of lightNOVAgearhead is a glorious beacon of lightNOVAgearhead is a glorious beacon of lightNOVAgearhead is a glorious beacon of lightNOVAgearhead is a glorious beacon of light
I spent a few years in DoD, but now work on Cap Hill doing DoD approps work and THIS is where BD really starts

I'd love to get into the procurement of hardware in the defense industry but I've never poked around enough to really make that move. I'd love to sell an entire platform to an allied nation.

From earmarking RDTE $$$ to needs requirement development then RFP and award - I LOVE to dabble in this stuff in my job, but I'm always up for a new challenge and would love a chance to work for a defense supplier.

Not sure if I can help - but I'd be happy to chat DoD stuff w you. The real key, is getting to know the service people inside the building. You can read things like the National Military Strategy, QDR, blah blah - they aren't going to tell you much more than Google news.

Defense News was always an interesting read - they are very global and systems/procurement focused.

* Wow, just saw how old this thread is...haha

Last edited by NOVAgearhead; 01-14-2010 at 12:58 PM.
Old 01-14-2010, 12:36 PM
Listen - Come by the Meet on Saturday at 10AM. Let's talk. Oracle is always hiring in sales.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: DoD Guys - question for you