SHOP REVIEW: Auto Armour Film & Finishes. Columbia, MD

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-08-2011, 05:44 PM
aznevoviii is just really niceaznevoviii is just really niceaznevoviii is just really niceaznevoviii is just really niceaznevoviii is just really nice
SHOP REVIEW: Auto Armour Film & Finishes. Columbia, MD

I recently have my beloved Gallardo's front bumper replaced with RSC LP560 bumper, and have the calipers painted to match the car color from boring black finish.

It took me a good month to spot a shop where I can trust their work as well as having them store the car while the work is getting done. I have been to many different paint shops in the past, some was very recommendable, some was just horrible...

I met Cliff, the owner of Auto Armour Film & Finishes, from other 6speed member, he was well known in BMW's community as well as exotic car club in Mid atlantic region, because he also does all of the Ferrari's and Lamborghini's of Washington dealership client's cars.

Cutting straight to the chest, the time that I have waited was well worth it at the end. Because of the snow we had, it took a little more than what we were expected, but all of that because him wanting to finish the car under word of perfection. His pricing was very reasonable as well, where most shop tries to charge double or more when you roll up in an exotic vehicles.

I do recommend him for your clear bra and paint + install needs, he works with this shop called Tarabolica Auto Sport Engineering, for any other work that he could not finish in house.

Result was phenomenal. My Arancio Borealis paint matches perfect with other part of the body, that even without blending through hood or fender. As well as the caliper, he had to use special clear coat that uses on brembo to match the car perfect while holding up all that heat from the brake. He also recommended to clear bra the whole front, because the film that was on the car started to fade, he ended up clear bra the whole bumper, whole hood, whole fenders, lights, washer covers, and whole rocker panel, with the price of regular clear bra shop charges for their everyday car front-end deal!! WIN WIN!!

His contact info:
Cliff@Auto Armour
9691-D Gerwig Ln
Columbia, MD 21046
(443) 226-4303

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 03-08-2011 at 07:26 PM. Reason: title read like an advertisement
Old 03-08-2011, 07:39 PM
markar is a name known to allmarkar is a name known to allmarkar is a name known to allmarkar is a name known to allmarkar is a name known to allmarkar is a name known to all
Looks good enjoy your new Lambo and thanks fore info....
I will give Him a visit...

Old 03-08-2011, 07:46 PM
Exlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud of
AZ thanks for the write-up, confirms my decision.

Old 03-08-2011, 08:03 PM
Banned
k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !
Mind if I ask who painted and installed the front bumper?

Old 03-08-2011, 09:10 PM
aznevoviii is just really niceaznevoviii is just really niceaznevoviii is just really niceaznevoviii is just really niceaznevoviii is just really nice
Cliff did everything for me.
He painted and installed himself!

Old 03-09-2011, 02:14 AM
Banned
k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !
Very nice write up, thanks for sharing!

Old 03-11-2011, 06:31 AM
doug2255 has a spectacular aura aboutdoug2255 has a spectacular aura about
Nice write-up , nice car!

I used Cliff (Auto Armour) to wrap my new 911 C2S Cab last year. He is the best!. I have recommended him to whoever asks about clear bras.

I took me a while to find an installer that passed my "selection process" (several failed) , but Cliff was worth the wait - he is much more than just a clear bra installer.

Attached Images  
Old 03-21-2011, 07:50 AM
nax360 has a spectacular aura aboutnax360 has a spectacular aura about
Looks great, and I've been looking for a good shop to clear bra my car, plus it's fairly close to me.

Old 03-29-2011, 04:57 AM
chrcowan has a spectacular aura aboutchrcowan has a spectacular aura about
Great thread. Thanks.

Old 04-06-2011, 12:28 PM
Misanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant future
Cliff, do you carry the satin guard wrap as well?

Old 04-06-2011, 04:18 PM
Yes he does... and ur car with full stain wrap will be killer!!!
(he did Memo's Grey LP560 full satin (matte) wrap over the whole car, the car looks like it came like that from the factory!!!!)

Old 04-06-2011, 07:16 PM
WeisachWilli is just really niceWeisachWilli is just really niceWeisachWilli is just really niceWeisachWilli is just really niceWeisachWilli is just really nice
Originally Posted by Misanors4
Cliff, do you carry the satin guard wrap as well?
Cliff has to be careful of what he says on here.... he told me he got his non-sponor-wrist monitor-slapped for expanding on this thread here and posting in-process pics of work etc. (not on here anymore, post removed).

I think a member who has a full matte/satin pff wrap on an LP560 is planning to do a post on it.