2012 GT-R & Skyline Cruise & BBQ - 9/29/12

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-28-2012, 03:02 PM
Zahjah has a spectacular aura aboutZahjah has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Scott in SS MD
PLEASE! Someone come hang with me. I'm not gonna hang with Ken by myself!!!!!!! lol.
lookin like i'll be there... nico is in and ion is a maybe

Old 09-28-2012, 03:50 PM
bull30 is just really nicebull30 is just really nicebull30 is just really nicebull30 is just really nicebull30 is just really nice
Originally Posted by sunir
I'm out...moving my office today and thru the weekend...gonna have my hands full with that...
Now there's a big surprise

Old 09-28-2012, 03:52 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
^^^ Sorry work stuff comes first Ken ...hope you guys have a nice time man.

Old 09-28-2012, 09:50 PM
Lead Foot Cobra will become famous soon enoughLead Foot Cobra will become famous soon enough
I'll at least stop by the meet up spot to see everybody. I may join up for the nice drive, but would be the absolute last one in line since I'm riding the motorcycle.

Old 09-29-2012, 09:59 PM
golfguy11800 is on a distinguished road
Had a blast today!

Old 10-01-2012, 07:45 AM
colt45 is a glorious beacon of lightcolt45 is a glorious beacon of lightcolt45 is a glorious beacon of lightcolt45 is a glorious beacon of lightcolt45 is a glorious beacon of light
that was an awesome gathering of GTR's. there seemed to be over 15 at the gtg. There was also a lot of other nice cars as well. they all sounded amazing leaving the coffee shop for the run.

Old 10-01-2012, 08:31 AM
Scott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant future
It was definitely a trip to remember, following Bull as usual. Only a couple of mishaps, but all in all a really great day. For those not on The Facebook, one GT-R had popped a boost/vac hose, I believe, and got back on the road quickly. There was another unfortunate dealio that happened before the cruise with a GT-R going off in the cornfields before the event even started. I understand he was on his way to the meet point and that's all I heard. All is well, except for the quote I saw of $15k of damage to the front bumper, front and rear splitters, oil cooler and radiator.

Old 10-01-2012, 12:01 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
^^^ Road shenanigans can lead to misshaps...I saw the vid on facebook, the guy seemed to have over cooked it into a traffic circle and ended up in a cornfield after veering off on the left side of the circle bouncing unpredicatably on the tarmac intitially. It's a grace of god that another passenger car was not in that circle when this GTR driver was out of control.

Old 10-01-2012, 01:23 PM
bull30 is just really nicebull30 is just really nicebull30 is just really nicebull30 is just really nicebull30 is just really nice
^^^ Road shenanigans can lead to misshaps...I saw the vid on facebook, the guy seemed to have over cooked it into a traffic circle and ended up in a cornfield after veering off on the left side of the circle bouncing unpredicatably on the tarmac intitially. It's a grace of god that another passenger car was not in that circle when this GTR driver was out of control.
My understanding is that he was not on the run and at any rate he was not in the lead group with me... The lead group went through the run flawlessly... We did get a short delay when the GT-R behind me blew off the boost hose... Nico had tools and fixed it for him then off we went on our merry way...

Of course we all understand Sunir that you are perfect, never make mistakes and you're a magnificent race driver I'm sure the person that wrecked his car would love to tell you where to stick your opinion... I'm sure he feels bad enough without your comments on a public forum??? And you're a moderator??? You should know better

Last edited by bull30; 10-01-2012 at 01:28 PM.
Old 10-01-2012, 01:30 PM
^^^ Not getting into this with you Bull. Tell that to the guy with the Aston Martin V12 Vantage that got rear ended on the DC Euro Tour when somebody hit him and caused over $15 grand in damages.

The fact remains there are many various levels of driving skills, drivers may not have the expereince needed to control the cars, the cars are road cars with significant power and there are many factors beyond control such as oncoming traffic, other drivers sharing the road, impromtu braking, animals on the roadway, crossing double yellows which I've seen many times. No matter how you try to jab at me, those FACTS will always be there.

Even One incident is too many.

Old 10-01-2012, 01:48 PM
^^^ Not getting into this with you Bull. Tell that to the guy with the Aston Martin V12 Vantage that got rear ended on the DC Euro Tour when somebody hit him and caused over $15 grand in damages.

The fact remains there are many various levels of driving skills, drivers may not have the expereince needed to control the cars, the cars are road cars with significant power and there are many factors beyond control such as oncoming traffic, other drivers sharing the road, impromtu braking, animals on the roadway, crossing double yellows which I've seen many times. No matter how you try to jab at me, those FACTS will always be there.

Even One incident is too many.
Not trying to jab you... Just pointing out your HOLIER-THAN-THOU attitude and the condescending tone of your post... Like I said, I'm sure the guy feels pretty bad already... Just like the guy with the Ferrari Italia... Crap happens, pointing it out on a public forum just adds insult to injury...

I suggest you re-read your post... It really was a bit condescending...

Old 10-01-2012, 01:54 PM
Was not trying to sound condescending bud, I apologize if I did. I think sometimes on posts it's not unclear as to the intent or accompanying tone with respect to the written words, my attempt at being factually observent may not have come clear that way. True stuff happens, I just hate seeing it happen, it's unfortunate and many times it could have been avoidable.

Old 10-01-2012, 02:20 PM
TransHuman is on a distinguished road
Stuff happens...true. Some stuff happens more frequently when they are statistically more likely to happen. I'm an impartial observer with no horse in the race (no pun!).

That video shows a gross lack of judgement, maturity, and awareness for fellow drivers. A move like that on the track would be immediately be chastised as unsafe and our community would call it out as such. I'm not sure why it's not OK to call it out as just that when it happens on a public road?

Old 10-01-2012, 02:32 PM
Was not trying to sound condescending bud, I apologize if I did. I think sometimes on posts it's not unclear as to the intent or accompanying tone with respect to the written words, my attempt at being factually observent may not have come clear that way. True stuff happens, I just hate seeing it happen, it's unfortunate and many times it could have been avoidable.
I agree that at 1st glace at the photos one could jump to conclusions. Just like the pictures of the Ferrari Italia. However none of us were there at the moment when the accident occurred so we can only make assumptions which get you in trouble every time. Let's face it, if you looked at the damage to Gina's Porsche you could jump to many conclusions but in reality she was nailed by a 70 year old Vietnamese man (he must have been disoriented ).

So maybe the guy in the GT-R was avoiding a chipmunk... We may never know the real reason for the mishap, we can only assume...

Last edited by bull30; 10-01-2012 at 02:34 PM.
Old 10-01-2012, 02:51 PM
seeing that 458 crushed like that absolutely broke my heart ... I am super happy the driver walked away and nobody was harmed....which I think is a testament to Ferrari's design and monocoque tub construction.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2012 GT-R & Skyline Cruise & BBQ - 9/29/12