2012 GT-R & Skyline Cruise & BBQ - 9/29/12

Old 10-02-2012, 06:57 AM
TransHuman is on a distinguished road
For those that are curious about the events as they happened...

Old 10-02-2012, 07:20 AM
Scott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant future
That tool should be banned from all events for life. Total disregard for lives and Property

Old 10-02-2012, 07:47 AM
airbrush1 has a spectacular aura aboutairbrush1 has a spectacular aura about
people like that ruin things for the rest of us.... he's lucky he or someone else wasn't killed!

Old 10-02-2012, 07:49 AM
Tonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud of
OMG! That is really scary. I can't say I haven't done anything stupid in a car before. Luckily the worst that ever happened was a lot slower than that and it was just a Dodge Neon that I messed up. Too bad he had to learn from his mistakes on a GTR.

Old 10-02-2012, 08:06 AM
colt45 is a glorious beacon of lightcolt45 is a glorious beacon of lightcolt45 is a glorious beacon of lightcolt45 is a glorious beacon of lightcolt45 is a glorious beacon of light
here are some crappy cell phone pics of gtg. I have a video just dont know how to post it yet.

Old 10-02-2012, 08:14 AM
airbrush1 has a spectacular aura aboutairbrush1 has a spectacular aura about
I still have a huge soft spot for r32/r33 skylines.... seems like a huge risk to own one though!

Old 10-02-2012, 11:50 AM
Lead Foot Cobra will become famous soon enoughLead Foot Cobra will become famous soon enough
Seeing that video is what makes me fear people that push way beyond their limits and start having the mentality that thinks they can perform fast and furious type BS... I was thinking the same thing Scott was in terms of keeping that tool bag out of any events.

Anyways, I had a blast with everyone that tagged with the Bull Run crew. The route was a blast and the food at the end topped it off quite nicely.

Old 10-02-2012, 12:36 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
At the 0.28 time stamp on that video we clearly see the naviagotor lift into view the cruise's directions sheet, indicating Sept 29th 2012 GTR Run, - Please keep the car behind you in sight etc...

This leads me to believe, and is clear evidence that this incident occured during the run, not before, not after...what appeared to be an attempt to overtake on uneven tarmac to the left of the car recording the video. This was not an attempt to avoid an object (such as a groundhog or whatever) as the driver was clearly and obviously accelerating in the oncoming traffic lane as he misjudged the pavement in a failed attempt to execute an overtaking manuever.

Again, when we don't know the aggression levels or skill levels of other drivers, or the power of their cars, or the other thousand factors we cannot control on the street everyone is at risk, that is not opinion that is a cold hard fact.

Like I said before even one incident is too many in my opinion.

Old 10-02-2012, 01:01 PM
Scott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant future
I too saw that, Sunir. I believe the background is that they were late to the meet spot and were the tail end and stupidly were playing catch up to the group. The rest is history.

Old 10-02-2012, 01:07 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
^^^ good point Scott.

Man I think if anyone is going to anything on the street, limit the numbers, know each and every driver and their car, and be in a group that you know and trust the smaller and more familar the better, and be familiar with with rout and types of turns, terrain, road anomalies. etc. Even then sure there are always factors on the road that we have no control over but at least there can be come controls or measures put in that help mitigate risk.

Old 10-02-2012, 02:20 PM
Originally Posted by sunir
Man I think if anyone is going to anything on the street, limit the numbers, know each and every driver and their car, and be in a group that you know and trust the smaller and more familar the better, and be familiar with with rout and types of turns, terrain, road anomalies. etc. Even then sure there are always factors on the road that we have no control over but at least there can be come controls or measures put in that help mitigate risk.
You just described the Bull Run's to the T.

Old 10-02-2012, 02:22 PM
bull30 is just really nicebull30 is just really nicebull30 is just really nicebull30 is just really nicebull30 is just really nice
Originally Posted by Scott in SS MD
I too saw that, Sunir. I believe the background is that they were late to the meet spot and were the tail end and stupidly were playing catch up to the group. The rest is history.
You are correct Scott... Now that there is video evidence it was quite the moronic move. It only takes one to ruin it for everyone else... Now you know why I limit my runs to a select group of people I trust... We seemed to have weeded out the morons...

Old 10-02-2012, 02:48 PM
Originally Posted by Scott in SS MD
You just described the Bull Run's to the T.
I think this is the reason why Bulls runs have been successful, you guys all know each other, you are all familiar with each other's cars, and you do your best to keep a safe environment, are familiar with the routes and keep the numbers small. As for some of these other runs, it's like playing Russian Roullette out there. Both GTR event and DC Euro Tour have had incidents, and people just don't want to follow rules out there, heck I've witnessed with my own eyes people dropping two wheels or even the entire car across standing double yellows.

Old 10-02-2012, 03:32 PM
bull30 is just really nicebull30 is just really nicebull30 is just really nicebull30 is just really nicebull30 is just really nice
Originally Posted by sunir
I think this is the reason why Bulls runs have been successful, you guys all know each other, you are all familiar with each other's cars, and you do your best to keep a safe environment, are familiar with the routes and keep the numbers small. As for some of these other runs, it's like playing Russian Roullette out there. Both GTR event and DC Euro Tour have had incidents, and people just don't want to follow rules out there, heck I've witnessed with my own eyes people dropping two wheels or even the entire car across standing double yellows.
Years ago I used to do much larger runs. No matter how much I emphasized safety there was always at least one or two that had to be a maverick and put other people at risk. However, in all the years I've been doing runs I have NEVER had an incident other then the Cayman that had the deer jump on it's roof. The Bull Run group is a close knit group of guys that know the rules and understand how to do these runs.

Speaking of the DC Euro Tour... I did that run the 1st year and it was a free-for-all with absolutely no control. Needless to say I have not participated since.

Last edited by bull30; 10-02-2012 at 04:00 PM.
Old 10-02-2012, 04:55 PM
^^^ Bull I think you found a forumula that works, your safety resord speaks for itself bud, you're also fortunate to have a mature group of adults, guys like Scott, Kevin, Deckman etc... who all may have fast cars but know how to have fun with the group, be respectiful, and control their cars...everyone has experience and know the routes and the rules of the road to keep everyone safe.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2012 GT-R & Skyline Cruise & BBQ - 9/29/12