Drive an exotic at Summit Point

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-23-2012, 07:34 PM
loayo has a spectacular aura aboutloayo has a spectacular aura about
Drive an exotic at Summit Point

Check this out - you can drive an exotic for 2 laps around Summit Point for $129.

$129 to $1,249 for Your Choice of Luxury Driving Experience Packages

https://www.livingsocial.com/events/522312

I have not tried it before but interested.

Regards,
Loay

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 12-23-2012 at 09:49 PM. Reason: active link to a commercial non-sponsor
Old 12-23-2012, 07:41 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
That's a lot for just 2 laps no matter what car ... Use that same money toward a Friday at the track at summit point ... Have a day of fun track time, skid pad, and Learning! If you don't have a good amount of seat time your wasting your money with the exotic car out there, you won't enjoy driving it anywhere near it's potential and will be spending your money less effectively then doing a high performance driving event.

Old 12-23-2012, 10:24 PM
I don't have the most seat time but I am solo'd. It peaked my curiosity and it is expensive yes.

I would rather have my own exotic

Old 12-24-2012, 04:11 AM
Lowcash is on a distinguished road
I did this last year when they came to Summit Point and already bought that deal again for this year. They run on the Jefferson Circuit.

They get you with the 3 lap package thing. 2 of the laps is in the instructor SUV to show you the track THEN the last lap is in the F430 or Gallardo. So, to get a better experience I think you need at least 5 laps. I lucked out last year and got an extra 3 laps because they postponed my original track date due to weather.

RacingBox's backend office sucks, I mean they are REALLY bad to deal with, even via Groupon/LivingSocial. The RacingBox staff at the track was great. They are well organized and are car guys. The in car instructors are hit and miss. The instructor I had in the Gallardo was relaxed and let me enjoy the laps with calm command delivery. The instructor I had in the F430 was too aggressive and completely killed the enjoyment for me.

Other experiences: ImagineLifestyle does an autocross event with F430s and Gallardos (and 1 599) at the Maryland Bluecrab stadium parking lot. It is usually mid summer timeframe. I did this last year as well and found it more fun than RacingBox.

ExoticsRacing (Vegas): If you are ever in Vegas, I HIGHLY recommend ExoticsRacing. I spent a half day out there driving the Aventador, McLaren, Porsche Turbo S and R8 V10. Great experience from booking to departure. Larger variety of cars, better (dedicated) track and instructors.

Last edited by Lowcash; 12-24-2012 at 04:16 AM.
Old 12-25-2012, 02:19 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
^^^ your Z06 would be faster around the track then many of the exotics at these events..I had several students in the past with prepped Z06 and callaway vettes and those cars were hella fast, gobs of torque everywhere, with really great handling as well!! Chevrolet has made a simply amazing track monster with those cars.

Old 12-25-2012, 06:29 PM
Estoril is just really niceEstoril is just really niceEstoril is just really niceEstoril is just really niceEstoril is just really nice
Originally Posted by Lowcash

RacingBox's backend office sucks, I mean they are REALLY bad to deal with, even via Groupon/LivingSocial. The RacingBox staff at the track was great. They are well organized and are car guys.

An understatement. RacingBox is seriously screwed up. I received an event as a gift from a neighbor this year. Couldn't register online. Called Groupon - who was apologetic and said that RacingBox had problems for days and were working on it. I tried every other day for THREE WEEKS. The RacingBox website and office were a train wreck. They couldn't register me if their lives depended on it. Groupon kept apologizing and urged me to keep trying.

After a month of trying - I gave up so my neighbor could get a refund from Groupon before it expired.

Old 12-26-2012, 07:54 PM
Originally Posted by Lowcash
I did this last year when they came to Summit Point and already bought that deal again for this year. They run on the Jefferson Circuit.

They get you with the 3 lap package thing. 2 of the laps is in the instructor SUV to show you the track THEN the last lap is in the F430 or Gallardo. So, to get a better experience I think you need at least 5 laps. I lucked out last year and got an extra 3 laps because they postponed my original track date due to weather.

RacingBox's backend office sucks, I mean they are REALLY bad to deal with, even via Groupon/LivingSocial. The RacingBox staff at the track was great. They are well organized and are car guys. The in car instructors are hit and miss. The instructor I had in the Gallardo was relaxed and let me enjoy the laps with calm command delivery. The instructor I had in the F430 was too aggressive and completely killed the enjoyment for me.

Other experiences: ImagineLifestyle does an autocross event with F430s and Gallardos (and 1 599) at the Maryland Bluecrab stadium parking lot. It is usually mid summer timeframe. I did this last year as well and found it more fun than RacingBox.

ExoticsRacing (Vegas): If you are ever in Vegas, I HIGHLY recommend ExoticsRacing. I spent a half day out there driving the Aventador, McLaren, Porsche Turbo S and R8 V10. Great experience from booking to departure. Larger variety of cars, better (dedicated) track and instructors.
Thanks for the feedback. It sounds fun.

Originally Posted by sunir
^^^ your Z06 would be faster around the track then many of the exotics at these events..I had several students in the past with prepped Z06 and callaway vettes and those cars were hella fast, gobs of torque everywhere, with really great handling as well!! Chevrolet has made a simply amazing track monster with those cars.
Hey a Z06 is an exotic in my book and also the ZR-1 should be another. I can only imagine driving one at Summit. I would be scared to spin it.

Originally Posted by Estoril
An understatement. RacingBox is seriously screwed up. I received an event as a gift from a neighbor this year. Couldn't register online. Called Groupon - who was apologetic and said that RacingBox had problems for days and were working on it. I tried every other day for THREE WEEKS. The RacingBox website and office were a train wreck. They couldn't register me if their lives depended on it. Groupon kept apologizing and urged me to keep trying.

After a month of trying - I gave up so my neighbor could get a refund from Groupon before it expired.
Sorry to hear that. I just checked and it appears they sold 1,684 tickets wow. Hopefully they are more organized. That is a lot of people.

I wonder if there is a thread of people who will do it and their feedback.

Regards,
Loay

Old 12-27-2012, 11:41 AM
Tonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by loayo
I wonder if there is a thread of people who will do it and their feedback.
Not a thread, but I found this:
http://www.groupon.com/merchants/racing-box

44% recommend this merchant

Old 12-28-2012, 06:26 AM
King Richard is a jewel in the roughKing Richard is a jewel in the roughKing Richard is a jewel in the rough
Video

I did the Racing Box experience last Spring with my sister as a birthday present to myself. I paid for 9 laps, but ended up getting around 13-14 laps split between the Gallardo and the F430 as I was the last person for the day and one of the instructors was coincidentally my previous instructor for Summit Point's Friday at the Track.

As mentioned, Racing Box's customer service and online support are terrible. I booked both my ticket and my sister's ticket at the same time, but they tried to book us on two separate weekends, which was unacceptable. No amount of calls and e-mail got the issue straightened out, so we pressed our luck and just both went on the same day, which ended up being fine.

RB's on-site staff, who were French if I remember correctly, were very professional and courteous and Summit Point's own excellent staff were there for in-car instruction and test drives. The Jefferson track is their shortest track, so the laps are somewhat brief, but they let you drive as fast as your skill level will permit. If anything, they wanted me to drive faster.

Ultimately, I had fun and would recommend this to anyone who has never been in the driver's seat of an Italian exotic (or British should you choose to drive the Aston). Just be wary of the non-existent customer support and make sure you get confirmations for everything. I'm probably not going to buy the Racing Box Groupon this time around, but if they get a 458 some time this Summer like they said they were going to, I might give it another go.

For the record: You look more baller in the Gallardo, but the F430 is the better track car.

Old 12-28-2012, 03:39 PM
^^^ Awesome video awesome experience and a great thing to share with a sibling. Thank you for sharing I wish I could do something like this with my brother or dad but bro keeps saying he's too busy to go to the track, and I don't think my pops is into that sorta stuff, he and my mom came to watch me compete at Summit a couple of times, I think they were on edge the entire time

Old 01-02-2013, 10:08 AM
DaveWJunior is on a distinguished road
Great video. Ferrari/Lamborghini.... No helmet. Segway.....Helmet.

I've done the Exotic Driving Experience at Disney. Nice tri-oval with a modified front strait to give you a slalom course. I think I paid about $400 for 5 laps in a 458 Italia. Doing it again next month, but probably in a GT-R ($169 for 5 laps). They also have a Aston Martin, a F430, a couple of Gallardos, and a 996 down there.
If people say the Summit is a good deal, I may try it out.

Old 01-02-2013, 02:47 PM
Lowcash is on a distinguished road
ImagineLifestyles has a deal on Groupon right now.

I did their event last year as well. It is an autocross event out in Waldorf at Southern Maryland BlueCrabs stadium parking lot. Last year they brought a (3) LP-550s, (1) LP-560, (3) F430s and (1) 599. It is well organized and 'back office' support is great. I e-mailed them a couple times to update my appointment and they quickly returned my e-mail and answered any questions I had.

I took my co-worker with me and she LOVED it. She is not a car girl by any means, but loves Lamborghinis. She did quite well for never driving a sports car, much less an exotic car and learned a little about autocross driving at the same time.

Their autocross event requires a helmet, and the GoPro is attached to the helmet so its a different angle.

Old 01-14-2013, 05:44 AM
ShahulX is just really niceShahulX is just really niceShahulX is just really niceShahulX is just really nice
That is a lot for only a couple laps... Jefferson ain't great either, at least compared to other 2