3rd Annual Castaway Critters Car Show

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-20-2013, 08:07 AM
mtmd11 is a jewel in the roughmtmd11 is a jewel in the roughmtmd11 is a jewel in the roughmtmd11 is a jewel in the rough
Grettings from mid-February.

As we are getting a bit closer to Castaway Critters Show I thought I would float the idea of hosting a 'Breakfast in the Garage' for the folks making their way up to Hershey for the show.

Last year the meet-up at the York, PA Rutters was an easy pit-stop... and I would propose the same idea this year with the pit stop being my house for drinks and (human) fuel (complimentary, of course).

We could then go to the Rutters for anyone needing to gas up, or just get back on I83 and proceed right on up to Hershey.

This might mean a bit earlier departure time for the Northern VA/DC/MD folks, to have the time for a pit stop... but if people are interested in coffee and bagels and what not... I would be happy to provide for a break.

I'll bring it up again as we get closer.... if nothing else the York-based folks could come over and then we could meet everyone else at the Rutters.

Old 02-20-2013, 09:08 AM
Fraggle is just really niceFraggle is just really niceFraggle is just really niceFraggle is just really nice
Last year we left damn early, but made a couple stops to collect more folks. Maybe we should cut one of them and meet at your place instead?

Old 02-20-2013, 10:37 AM
Scott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Fraggle
Last year we left damn early, but made a couple stops to collect more folks. Maybe we should cut one of them and meet at your place instead?
Here, here, this man has my ear! +1.

Old 02-20-2013, 10:55 AM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
Very gracious of Kevin to offer what he has. I am for it, would be nice to change it up a bit this year. I am looking forward to this very awesome show!!! and hanging out with everyone again.

Old 02-20-2013, 01:14 PM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by mtmd11

As we are getting a bit closer to Castaway Critters Show I thought I would float the idea of hosting a 'Breakfast in the Garage' for the folks making their way up to Hershey for the show.

Last year the meet-up at the York, PA Rutters was an easy pit-stop... and I would propose the same idea this year with the pit stop being my house for drinks and (human) fuel (complimentary, of course).

We could then go to the Rutters for anyone needing to gas up, or just get back on I83 and proceed right on up to Hershey.

This might mean a bit earlier departure time for the Northern VA/DC/MD folks, to have the time for a pit stop... but if people are interested in coffee and bagels and what not... I would be happy to provide for a break.

I'll bring it up again as we get closer.... if nothing else the York-based folks could come over and then we could meet everyone else at the Rutters.
thanks for the invitation. if i can make it to the event, i'll take you up on it.

Old 02-20-2013, 02:08 PM
1 slow 97 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by sunir
Very gracious of Kevin to offer what he has. I am for it, would be nice to change it up a bit this year. I am looking forward to this very awesome show!!! and hanging out with everyone again.
which car are you going to take this year sunir?

Old 02-20-2013, 02:30 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 1 slow 97
which car are you going to take this year sunir?
Most likely Porsche GT2 ...haven't ever taken that one to Castaway Crits, and this year they are having a Porsche celebration and exhibit at the museum there so would be fitting to take it up this year.

Old 02-21-2013, 09:26 AM
mtmd11 is a jewel in the roughmtmd11 is a jewel in the roughmtmd11 is a jewel in the roughmtmd11 is a jewel in the rough
Ok, so it's a Go for "Breakfast-in-the-Garage". I'm looking into a few options for easy breakfast "catering"... unless we want to just fry eggs on our engines and do the bacon on the exhaust!

I will put details here and on Fchat and L-talk as well in a bit.

I think arrival for the cars at the AACA is from 0800-1000 with the show opening at 1000. So, a rough timeline of arriving at the AACA by 0900, leaving York at 0815, arriving at my place at 0745??-0730?? I would plan on being able to host/serve from 0700 on, so if people are a bit earlier or want the 'grand tour' they can come hang out. (EDIT: for comparisons sake, last year the plan was into York Rutters at 0755 and out by 0815)

I will leave it to the groups travelling up to pick specific departure times abviously, but from my place to the AACA is 42 miles, most of it up I-83 and then turnpike or highway. For comparisons sake, I live about a half mile from the York Rutters (I'm just a short bit off 83 one exit south of the Rutters exit).

Ok... so, something else to look forward to on a great car day.

More to come.

Last edited by mtmd11; 02-21-2013 at 09:52 AM.
Old 02-21-2013, 10:25 AM
Zahjah has a spectacular aura aboutZahjah has a spectacular aura about
i'm in for "breakfast in the garage" kevin-- great way to start the day!!

Old 02-21-2013, 11:38 AM
bull30 is just really nicebull30 is just really nicebull30 is just really nicebull30 is just really nicebull30 is just really nice
Originally Posted by mtmd11

I like this idea... Gina and I would be willing to assist... Are my doggies allowed to attend?

Old 02-21-2013, 12:41 PM
Tonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud of
For the VA/MD crew, just to get the discussion going...how did everyone like meeting at Hunt Valley cars & coffee before hitting York, PA? I personally think it's a nice location with open parking, right off the highway, etc. Those coming from VA/points south could maybe meet at Maple Lawn first?

Old 02-21-2013, 12:46 PM
^^^ hunt valley Shewaney rd is a good meet up, but for this event we may be there before the CnC crowd rolls in.

As for breakfast Kev, thanks for offering...you are very kind and gracious.

Old 02-21-2013, 01:42 PM
Scott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by bull30
I like this idea... Gina and I would be willing to assist... Are my doggies allowed to attend?
Gina & the dogs are certainly welcome. We need to take a vote on you, though. Sit tight, we'll get right back to ya.

Old 02-21-2013, 01:57 PM
bull30 is just really nicebull30 is just really nicebull30 is just really nicebull30 is just really nicebull30 is just really nice
Originally Posted by Scott in SS MD
Gina & the dogs are certainly welcome. We need to take a vote on you, though. Sit tight, we'll get right back to ya.
Now that's damn funny

Old 02-21-2013, 07:11 PM
Originally Posted by Scott in SS MD
We are an all inclusive house... we can make room for nearly anyone !!

You and your lovely wife and the little yappers are all most welcome.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 3rd Annual Castaway Critters Car Show