Reputable Porsche specialty shop in the D.C. area?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-05-2016, 12:15 PM
blackjak is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by ICSPres
Resurrecting an old thread, you have experience with aging 955 cayennes? I have a turbo s I want to keep forever but searching for the right shop. Suspension has been my most recent concern but there will be others. I need a shop that knows these cars well.
IAP Racing in sterling

http://www.iapracing.com/

Last edited by telum01; 04-05-2016 at 12:19 PM. Reason: Per forum rules, please do not post active links to non-sponsor vendors
Old 04-05-2016, 12:31 PM
ICSPres is on a distinguished road
Like the new ride, my friend.

Maybe I'll let Steve's shop have a look. Not really their bailiwick though.

Old 04-05-2016, 01:17 PM
blackjak is on a distinguished road
Like the new ride, my friend.

Maybe I'll let Steve's shop have a look. Not really their bailiwick though.
Thank you I like it so far

Old 05-03-2016, 09:07 PM
supra.z06 has a brilliant futuresupra.z06 has a brilliant futuresupra.z06 has a brilliant futuresupra.z06 has a brilliant futuresupra.z06 has a brilliant futuresupra.z06 has a brilliant futuresupra.z06 has a brilliant futuresupra.z06 has a brilliant futuresupra.z06 has a brilliant futuresupra.z06 has a brilliant futuresupra.z06 has a brilliant future
I hear great things about Frank Smith aka Tuning Tech in Crofton, MD.

Old 05-04-2016, 05:42 AM
Went at met the folk at IMA Moterwerkes. I think I'm home. They're doing my upper and lower control arms tomorrow.

Old 06-19-2016, 09:00 AM
Berosucci will become famous soon enoughBerosucci will become famous soon enough
Went at met the folk at IMA Moterwerkes. I think I'm home. They're doing my upper and lower control arms tomorrow.
How was their work? I stopped by there once, but did not like to location with all of the various used car distributors or whatever they are surrounding the IMA facility.

Ivan seemed nice enough, but I ave heard a mixed bag of comments. I guess if you are in business long enough their will be plenty of mixed opinions out there.

Old 06-19-2016, 09:19 AM
Originally Posted by Berosucci
How was their work? I stopped by there once, but did not like to location with all of the various used car distributors or whatever they are surrounding the IMA facility.

Ivan seemed nice enough, but I ave heard a mixed bag of comments. I guess if you are in business long enough their will be plenty of mixed opinions out there.
They did great work. I really liked Ivan and all the guys. I'll go back to them again, probably soon. Getting air suspension warnings now...sigh

Old 06-22-2016, 07:14 PM
Greg2010 has a spectacular aura aboutGreg2010 has a spectacular aura about
I've hear good things about IMA and RRT. Both seem very good and are located in NOVA. Would be interested if others have had good experiences at either of these 2 independent shops. I need to schedule an appointment soon and am leaning towards IMA.

Old 06-28-2016, 07:04 PM
programmatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond repute
Intersport

I highly recommend Intersport in Tysons. I've been going to them for years to service my Carrera Cabriolet and Cayenne Turbo. I'll take my Macan GTS to them too once the warranty expires.

http://www.intersportautosales.com

1524 Spring Hill Rd, McLean, VA 22102

Old 07-02-2016, 06:13 PM
Greg2010 has a spectacular aura aboutGreg2010 has a spectacular aura about
Decided to take it in to IMA for 6 year service. They did an excellent job and I would highly recommend them (and I definitely will return back the next time I need service).

They are obviously very knowledgeable about P-cars and very reasonably priced. I was also impressed with how the guys over at IMA take the time to perform a thorough inspection to determine necessary maintenance (which definitely saves on the pocket book).

Last edited by Greg2010; 07-04-2016 at 06:12 AM.
Old 09-14-2016, 07:54 AM
Derek Zoolander is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by programmatore
I highly recommend Intersport in Tysons. I've been going to them for years to service my Carrera Cabriolet and Cayenne Turbo. I'll take my Macan GTS to them too once the warranty expires.

http://www.intersportautosales.com

1524 Spring Hill Rd, McLean, VA 22102
I took my 997 C2S to Intersport for a PPI. They weren't as thorough as I would have liked. I also think they were fishing for work on a couple issues they reported (i.e. active RMS leak, leaking water pump). I haven't had a single drop of oil/coolant on my garage floor in 3 weeks of ownership.
From what I've heard, you're best to take someone that knows the owner along with you.

Old 09-14-2016, 08:03 AM
tuner1984 will become famous soon enough
If your in the Loudon County area or NOVA for that matter I would check out Chapman Autowerks in Sterling, VA off of 606 and old ox. They specialize in Pcars as well as do full out restorations on the classic Pcars. They have an outstanding reputation.

Old 09-14-2016, 08:08 AM
Exlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Derek Zoolander
I took my 997 C2S to Intersport for a PPI. They weren't as thorough as I would have liked. I also think they were fishing for work on a couple issues they reported (i.e. active RMS leak, leaking water pump). I haven't had a single drop of oil/coolant on my garage floor in 3 weeks of ownership.
From what I've heard, you're best to take someone that knows the owner along with you.
Agreed, shady group from past experience.

Old 11-17-2016, 11:58 AM
Derek Zoolander is on a distinguished road
Ok, to be fair, I did get a couple drops of coolant on the garage floor after about 2-3 months of ownership. I just replaced the water pump myself. I'm still calling BS on some of the other issues they reported (bad rear, upper control arms - I took them out and inspected them - they appear to be like new).

Auto SportSystems Group (ASG) in Merrifield quoted me $1750 in LABOR ONLY to do the water pump and OEM 3rd radiator kit install. I work on cars on the side (plug for my RSI, LLC), and I was able to do the water pump in ~3 hours.

Last edited by Derek Zoolander; 11-17-2016 at 12:33 PM.
Old 11-17-2016, 01:44 PM
GRGx3 is on a distinguished road
Ok, to be fair, I did get a couple drops of coolant on the garage floor after about 2-3 months of ownership. I just replaced the water pump myself. I'm still calling BS on some of the other issues they reported (bad rear, upper control arms - I took them out and inspected them - they appear to be like new).

Auto SportSystems Group (ASG) in Merrifield quoted me $1750 in LABOR ONLY to do the water pump and OEM 3rd radiator kit install. I work on cars on the side (plug for my RSI, LLC), and I was able to do the water pump in ~3 hours.
I take mine to Bergman Autowerks in Manassas

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Reputable Porsche specialty shop in the D.C. area?