Speeding in VA...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-05-2014, 07:40 AM
CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !
Speeding in VA...

Don't get me started...

http://jalopnik.com/never-speed-in-v...-in-1613604053

CW

Old 08-05-2014, 10:45 AM
st4rk is a name known to allst4rk is a name known to allst4rk is a name known to allst4rk is a name known to allst4rk is a name known to allst4rk is a name known to all
Hey, VA's gotta stack dat cheddar; what they do with it only God knows what...

Old 08-05-2014, 05:14 PM
CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !
BTW, here's a case where a Nebraska judge agreed that speeding alone is not, prima facie, reckless driving: Nebraska v. Carman...

http://www.outsidethebeltway.com/neb..._-_yahoo_news/

CW

Old 08-05-2014, 07:01 PM
supra.z06 has a brilliant futuresupra.z06 has a brilliant futuresupra.z06 has a brilliant futuresupra.z06 has a brilliant futuresupra.z06 has a brilliant futuresupra.z06 has a brilliant futuresupra.z06 has a brilliant futuresupra.z06 has a brilliant futuresupra.z06 has a brilliant futuresupra.z06 has a brilliant futuresupra.z06 has a brilliant future
Wow...what an experience. Guess I'll be doing the speed limit through VA.

Old 08-06-2014, 12:04 AM
JT3
JT3 will become famous soon enoughJT3 will become famous soon enough
Don't get me started either, this author had it easy. I should write an article for them. I got busted going way, way, way, faster than 93 on the Toll Rd a long time ago. Nothing has changed, a day in jail per mph above 90 is the unofficial rule to my recollection. Enjoy the vacation and lose some weight.

Old 08-06-2014, 05:07 AM
Originally Posted by JT3
...a day in jail per mph above 90 is the unofficial rule to my recollection.
AFAIK, this is still the case. Fairfax or Loudon?

I find that Fx is totally brain-dead when it comes to speeding offenses, but that thinking has spread throughout the Commonwealth, now.

I think we all realize that traffic offenses are a big revenue stream, but jail? Come on, now, VA.

CW

Old 08-06-2014, 05:29 AM
SLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to behold
Whoa .. I guess that is why they say "Virginia is for lovers" .. obviously, not drivers

Old 08-06-2014, 05:51 AM
Tonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by JT3
Don't get me started either, this author had it easy. I should write an article for them. I got busted going way, way, way, faster than 93 on the Toll Rd a long time ago. Nothing has changed, a day in jail per mph above 90 is the unofficial rule to my recollection. Enjoy the vacation and lose some weight.
He also went to a pretty tame jail. Let that guy spend a weekend in the Baltimore City jail and see how much he laughs about it.

Old 08-11-2014, 12:35 PM
sunburned is on a distinguished road
I got caught doing 85 in a 70 wayyy down south on I-85, about 15 miles from the NC border so it was Mecklenberg County. It was 1am and I hadn't seen another car for a good 15 minutes. Two lane completely divided highway. I passed the cop, saw his headlights come on and immediately coasted, letting him catch up and pull me over because I figured it was the best thing to do. Still nailed me with reckless driving because I was going over 80. What a dick move.

I was proactive and took a driver's class. Pulled my record and luckily any speeding offenses in MD didn't transfer to VA, so I was clean. My sister is a lawyer in NC, so I had her call the DA and cut me a deal with this info. I think the prosecutor was more nervous than I was, looked right out of school haha. He presented my info and I didn't have to say a word and got out with a $100 fine.

But all that **** for going 15 over in the middle of the night on a rural highway. How exactly is that reckless? In case I hit a deer or something? 15 over on the beltway and I'd be slowing up traffic. The article posted above by CornersWell pretty much explains it.

Funny story though, the nutjob lady teaching the drivers education course told me straight up I was going to jail for at least the weekend and I had prepared my GF for it too lol.

Old 08-11-2014, 01:56 PM
naples991 is on a distinguished road
I used my dam V1. Morons!

Old 08-20-2014, 09:25 AM
msdhills is on a distinguished road
Wow, good reality check. The wife is always on my case about speeding. So not worth it. Especially since the roads in VA, are the pits, at least where I live with lose gravel and construction. Thanks for sharing.

Kind regards,
Stefan

Old 08-21-2014, 01:13 PM
cherplex will become famous soon enough
I live in MD but commute to Arlington and Reston/Herndon depending on the day. I stay on 495 at all costs and do about 6-8mph over the speed limit. Even going that is still slow but I don't take any chances. 99% of time I'm in a company vehicle Camry or Tacoma but they don't discriminate. Heard lots of stories similar to the author in that article.