2016 Katie's Cars & Coffee Thread - Great Falls, VA

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-02-2016, 02:51 PM
rcollum is just really nicercollum is just really nicercollum is just really nicercollum is just really nice
2016 Katie's Cars & Coffee Thread - Great Falls, VA

For reference purposes, here is a link to the 2015 Katie's thread -

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...-falls-va.html

Old 01-02-2016, 02:55 PM
rcollum is just really nicercollum is just really nicercollum is just really nicercollum is just really nice
Katie's, 01/02/16

A clear morning, for the first Katie's C & C of 2016. 30 degrees, but still a lot of cars and people came out, including several Ferraris.

--Bob Collum

Old 01-09-2016, 10:23 AM
Katie's, 01/09/16

How dedicated are we to attending the Saturday morning Katie's Cars & Coffee? It was misting early, and we still filled up the front parking lot. We even had some new attendees show up!

--Bob Collum

My Elise.

Mike's Cayenne.

Ian's MGA.

Scott's Subaru Brat.

Old 01-09-2016, 10:38 AM
Phillip123 is a splendid one to beholdPhillip123 is a splendid one to beholdPhillip123 is a splendid one to beholdPhillip123 is a splendid one to beholdPhillip123 is a splendid one to beholdPhillip123 is a splendid one to beholdPhillip123 is a splendid one to beholdPhillip123 is a splendid one to behold
Amazing pictures!

Old 01-16-2016, 08:01 PM
Katie's, 01/16/16

It rained last night, so the roads were a bit damp this morning. It was in the low 40's early, so pretty reasonable for mid-January. Not a bad turnout, after all.

--Bob Collum

Old 01-19-2016, 12:49 PM
loayo has a spectacular aura aboutloayo has a spectacular aura about
so anyone going this saturday? 4x4 mode?

Old 01-19-2016, 04:48 PM
BOBP is on a distinguished road
Good luck with that!

Old 01-22-2016, 05:38 PM
Katie's, 01/23/16

I'll go ahead and predict that Saturday, 01/23/16 will be the lowest "interesting car" turnout at Katie's, so far this year. We currently have around 4 inches of snow in Oakton, VA at 7PM Friday night. The Weather Underground forecast is for a total of up to 12" tonight, with more tomorrow.

Some hardy souls may well bring out their 'beater cars', and come to Katie's to talk cars, but I doubt there will be much to look at outside.

My cars don't have enough ground clearance to go out in significant snow. The Elise has been out in unexpected flurries (see below). I originally thought my limit for driving the Caterham would be a certain temperature, but with the doors on, and with the half-hood on, I don't find it uncomfortable even in the low 30s. What I won't do is drive it on salt, or in the wet, if I have a choice. The last picture is the one time I got caught in the rain in the Caterham.

This Saturday, 01/23/16, I'll stay home, keep warm, and browse BringATrailer!

--Bob Collum

Attached Images    
Old 01-23-2016, 03:20 PM
01/23/16 - Snow!

I guess it's possible that Katie's wasn't even open this morning. The snow predicted was enough to close down Metro trains and buses for the weekend. I am about 14 miles away from Katie's, and we had 15.5" at 7:30AM. It's now after 5:00PM, and it has not stopped snowing, and the wind has been kicking up. No traffic is moving in our neighborhood.

--Bob Collum

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2462-40.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	163.8 KB
ID:	438163  
Attached Images  
Old 01-23-2016, 03:33 PM
Germcati is just really niceGermcati is just really niceGermcati is just really niceGermcati is just really niceGermcati is just really nice
Not exactly Katie's but the 'car show' in Fairfax!

Old 01-25-2016, 09:02 AM
chuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud of
katies

With a 30 in drift sealing the garage door, it was about 60 inside, so I took a cup of coffee down and walked around the car three times...

Old 01-30-2016, 12:43 PM
Katie's, 01/30/16

As it turns out, Katie's was closed last weekend due to the snowstorm, so we didn't really miss anything.

This week, it was cold (23F), but pretty clear. Plenty of residual snow around, and some salt on the roads. Moderate weather late this week melted the snow down, so there were not the high walls of snow at every intersection, and most road lanes were clear.

Still, my working Cars & Coffee theory was again proved right: extreme conditions can keep us away for a week, but anything beyond a week, and people will start showing up again, almost no matter what. As proof, we had 4 modern Mustangs there today. Not what I'd call a winter car, but they were there, along with more-predictable choices like Mike's Cayenne, Glenn's Hummer and Eric Z's Range Rover Sport. A hardy, enthusiastic bunch! (Unlike ChuckBDC.)

One cute feature of a brand-new California Special Mustang GT was the logo it projects from under the outside mirror when the door is open.

--Bob Collum

Old 02-06-2016, 02:20 PM
Katie's, 02/06/16

People have asked, 'Is it worth going to Katie's in the winter?' Take a look at some of what showed up today, and decide for yourself.
This includes several we had not seen before - the Tesla Model X, just in to the dealer, a loaded 'Founder' model. Two Bentley Speeds, a coupe and a convertible.

--Bob Collum

Old 02-20-2016, 08:18 PM
Katie's, 02/20/16

The first good Saturday in a couple of weeks, it was over 40F when I left the house for Katie's. The good weather (for late February!) brought out a good-sized crowd. A large number of Vipers were gathered there, too.

The variety of people and vehicles at Katie's are amazing!

--Bob Collum

Mike's 550.

My Caterham 7.

Paul's BMW.

Peter's 328.

An interesting passenger.

Viper GTS-R.

Lotus Elise.

Ian's Bentley.

Maserati & Aston.

Bob M's i8.

Interesting reg plates.

We haven't had one of these before!

Bobert's 550.

MGA.

The Viper parade, leaving.

More...

Testarossa!

Beck Spyder.

Old 02-27-2016, 03:37 PM
Katie's, 02/27/16

A pretty good turnout on a cold, clear morning - the last Saturday in February.

--Bob Collum

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2016 Katie's Cars & Coffee Thread - Great Falls, VA