NSX Launch party

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-19-2016, 01:39 PM
blue_myriddn will become famous soon enoughblue_myriddn will become famous soon enough
NSX Launch party

Hi all,

I wanted to reach out to invite people to the upcoming NSX launch party at Pohanka Acura (13911 Lee Jackson Hwy Chantilly, VA) this Sunday (July 24th) from 9AM to around 1PM. Pohanka has one of the first few NSXs that have come out of the factory and this Sunday is an opportunity for a more "hands on" experience than normal. With regular factory deliveries still about 6-9 months out, it is a nice chance to see and perhaps learn a bit about the car for those interested.

Although many don't know me I have been known to post here and there and have met a few people at local car shows and cars and coffee. I have a 2001 red/tan NSX (that's my car in the photo below) and am an active member of the NSX Club of America. I have been out to the mid-Ohio factory in Marysville to see the prototype vehicle about 2 years ago and was able to sit down with several of the design team. I also got a chance to see it and talk to more of the designers when I traveled to Japan for the 25th Anniversary of the original NSX. So I guess you could see I am something of a NSX junky and if you talk to me you will quickly realize that I am happy to go on and on about the car.

In addition to the 2017 NSX, we should have a pretty good showing of owners of the original NSX. We did a similar event with the Pohanka dealership about 2 years ago and had 35 cars show up - which is a pretty good turn out in the NSX world. So if you are interested in learning a bit about the non-hybrid, good old fashion driving NSX it is a good chance for that too.

If you do come out, parking is going to be a bit limited. We have reserved a block for exotic/classic parking and if you are going to bring out your nice car send me a PM and I will put your name/vehicle on a list and be sure that you get a parking spot in the front. If you want to catch me on the day of the event, I will be the guy with the red "NSXCA" polo shirt and the long pony tail. I tend to stick out in a crowd, so pop over and say hi.

Thanks and I hope to see a few of you out there.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	SuperNova2016.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	668.0 KB
ID:	453988  
Old 07-23-2016, 07:57 AM
deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !
I assume there will be a production model on display? I loved the original, thought it was way ahead of its time. I am not sure about this one, and would like to see it in person.

Old 07-23-2016, 12:39 PM
blue_myriddn will become famous soon enoughblue_myriddn will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by deckman
I assume there will be a production model on display? I loved the original, thought it was way ahead of its time. I am not sure about this one, and would like to see it in person.
Yep, both cars in the promotional photo will be there. The white car is #14 off the production line and is one of about thirty 2017 NSXs that have come off the production line so far, so they are still pretty few and far between. The dealership is pulling down the ropes and putting the car out in the front lot - it will actually be about exactly where it is in that photograph with plenty of space around it. The dealership asks that you be respectful of the vehicle, but will have the doors, trunk, engine bay, etc all open so that you can sit in the car and get a good look around at what the new Acura has to offer. Test drives will not be available for the general public, but I am going to try and talk them in to running it around the road a little bit, but I will have to see how far I get with that. Keeping the mileage low is an understandable goal for the general manager.

Bring your questions and curiosity as there will be lots of chances to ask in depth questions. The service team will be there and they have been fairly well briefed in to the mechanics of the system.

Old 07-25-2016, 12:30 PM
Exlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud of
I saw the production model a few weeks ago, and was slightly disappointed. The car overall I'm sure is technically sound, but as far as the overall design is concerned it was not to my liking.

This is my personal opinion.