Dash light on my Mini - 6speedonline.com Forums

Go Back   6speedonline.com Forums > British > Mini Cooper
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Mini Cooper Austin and Morris Mini talk, and the 2001-2006 Mini and Mini S, 2007 to present Mini and Mini S

Dash light on my Mini

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-04-2006, 12:59 AM
Banned

allanlambo has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Dash light on my Mini

I cant find the owners manual on my mini, and I have a yellow light flashing. It is in the center speedometer, second light from the far right. It is yellow and has an exclamation point on it? DO you guys have any ideas?
Old 10-04-2006, 01:22 AM

SKXF430 has much to be proud ofSKXF430 has much to be proud ofSKXF430 has much to be proud ofSKXF430 has much to be proud ofSKXF430 has much to be proud ofSKXF430 has much to be proud ofSKXF430 has much to be proud ofSKXF430 has much to be proud ofSKXF430 has much to be proud ofSKXF430 has much to be proud of
Is it an exclamation point with a triangle around it? If so, it could be your DSC light. However, when I switch my DSC off, it stays a constant yellow.
Old 10-04-2006, 01:35 AM

Mike S will become famous soon enoughMike S will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by allanlambo
I cant find the owners manual on my mini, and I have a yellow light flashing. It is in the center speedometer, second light from the far right. It is yellow and has an exclamation point on it? DO you guys have any ideas?
It's the tire pressure sensor light. Should check the pressure of your tires, and if that all good to reset the sensor is easy.

The car must be off, turn the key until all the lights are on. Then look for a button near the handbrake that has the same symbol as tire pressure sensor as the one you see on your dash. Hold the button down until that specific yellow light goes off. Turn the car off again and then start the car. Drive a couple miles and the light should go away.

Old 10-04-2006, 02:45 AM
Banned

allanlambo has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike S
It's the tire pressure sensor light. Should check the pressure of your tires, and if that all good to reset the sensor is easy.

The car must be off, turn the key until all the lights are on. Then look for a button near the handbrake that has the same symbol as tire pressure sensor as the one you see on your dash. Hold the button down until that specific yellow light goes off. Turn the car off again and then start the car. Drive a couple miles and the light should go away.
Cool! I will try this tommorow. Thats what I was thinking it was, as it sort of looked like a tire.
Old 10-04-2006, 04:50 AM

Mike S will become famous soon enoughMike S will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by allanlambo
Cool! I will try this tommorow. Thats what I was thinking it was, as it sort of looked like a tire.
No worries let me know if you come across any more problems.

Old 10-04-2006, 04:50 AM

Tags
1817, cooper, dash, dashboard, exclamation, flashing, instrument, light, lights, manual, mini, panel, point, warning, yellow