R35 GTR "Godzilla" BBI Exhaust Cobb Stage 2 Flash 510.7whp - 6speedonline.com Forums

Go Back   6speedonline.com Forums > Japanese > Nissan GTR
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Nissan GTR Forum for the R32, R33, R34 and R35 "Godzilla"

R35 GTR "Godzilla" BBI Exhaust Cobb Stage 2 Flash 510.7whp

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-04-2009, 12:02 AM
Former Vendor

Betim@BBIAutosport has a reputation beyond reputeBetim@BBIAutosport has a reputation beyond reputeBetim@BBIAutosport has a reputation beyond reputeBetim@BBIAutosport has a reputation beyond reputeBetim@BBIAutosport has a reputation beyond reputeBetim@BBIAutosport has a reputation beyond reputeBetim@BBIAutosport has a reputation beyond reputeBetim@BBIAutosport has a reputation beyond reputeBetim@BBIAutosport has a reputation beyond reputeBetim@BBIAutosport has a reputation beyond reputeBetim@BBIAutosport has a reputation beyond repute
R35 GTR "Godzilla" BBI Exhaust Cobb Stage 2 Flash 510.7whp

R35 GTR "Godzilla"

-BBI Custom 3.5" Exhaust
-Cobb Stage 2 Tune
-47.2 hp gain / 24.3tq gain
-15-15.5 psi boost.
-Still in the process of tuning to maximize gains efficiently and safely.

Click the image to open in full size.

Last edited by Betim@BBIAutosport; 06-04-2009 at 12:22 AM. Reason: added more pictures
Old 06-04-2009, 12:12 AM

Kickhard is a splendid one to beholdKickhard is a splendid one to beholdKickhard is a splendid one to beholdKickhard is a splendid one to beholdKickhard is a splendid one to beholdKickhard is a splendid one to beholdKickhard is a splendid one to behold
nice numbers. Is this 47hp gain in addition to the cobb stage 1 or is this just from the exhaust? Kinda confused about that.

Any 1/4 mile numbers with this setup? You could be a high 10s car there!!!!

2009 Nissan GTR Super Silver
2008 IS-F Star Fire Pearl /Black
2004 E55 AMG Sold
2001 ML55 AMG Sold
1994 Toyota Supra Turbo(Modified 800rwhp) Sold
Old 06-04-2009, 12:20 AM
Former Vendor

Betim@BBIAutosport has a reputation beyond reputeBetim@BBIAutosport has a reputation beyond reputeBetim@BBIAutosport has a reputation beyond reputeBetim@BBIAutosport has a reputation beyond reputeBetim@BBIAutosport has a reputation beyond reputeBetim@BBIAutosport has a reputation beyond reputeBetim@BBIAutosport has a reputation beyond reputeBetim@BBIAutosport has a reputation beyond reputeBetim@BBIAutosport has a reputation beyond reputeBetim@BBIAutosport has a reputation beyond reputeBetim@BBIAutosport has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kickhard View Post
nice numbers. Is this 47hp gain in addition to the cobb stage 1 or is this just from the exhaust? Kinda confused about that.

Any 1/4 mile numbers with this setup? You could be a high 10s car there!!!!
It's a 47 hp gain from the baseline stock. The tune still has some work before its perfect. The ecu is still pulling back boost.

Numbers/videos coming soon.

Last edited by Betim@BBIAutosport; 06-04-2009 at 12:23 AM.
Old 06-04-2009, 12:21 AM
Basic Sponsor

PrecisionPorsch has a reputation beyond reputePrecisionPorsch has a reputation beyond reputePrecisionPorsch has a reputation beyond reputePrecisionPorsch has a reputation beyond reputePrecisionPorsch has a reputation beyond reputePrecisionPorsch has a reputation beyond reputePrecisionPorsch has a reputation beyond reputePrecisionPorsch has a reputation beyond reputePrecisionPorsch has a reputation beyond reputePrecisionPorsch has a reputation beyond reputePrecisionPorsch has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to PrecisionPorsch
Thomas,

If I ever need custom work, I think I'll be giving you a call.

Edwin

Follow my 997TT build here

PrecisionPorsche911@gmail.com

Check out our album
Old 06-04-2009, 12:35 AM

Kickhard is a splendid one to beholdKickhard is a splendid one to beholdKickhard is a splendid one to beholdKickhard is a splendid one to beholdKickhard is a splendid one to beholdKickhard is a splendid one to beholdKickhard is a splendid one to behold
so your saying this car dyno's at 460awhp stock? That is the highest stock dyno I have ever seen. What dyno is being used. Not saying BS but most GTR's dyno from 400 to 430 depending on the dyno stock. About 15-16psi is what I see on my cobb stage 1 car.

stage 1 cobb adds 60-80awhp
mid pipe adds 10-20awhp
exhaust adds maybe 10awhp

the 510whp number with these mods sounds about right but the stock numbers dont??

2004 E55 AMG Sold
2001 ML55 AMG Sold
Old 06-04-2009, 12:43 AM
Former Vendor

The dyno is a dynapack. We are working closely with Cobb to develop what will soon become Cobb's official Stage2. I'm 95% sure the baseline is stock; I'll double check for you. Are you familiar with how dynapack dynos calculate hp?

Quote:
so your saying this car dyno's at 460awhp stock? That is the highest stock dyno I have ever seen. What dyno is being used. Not saying BS but most GTR's dyno from 400 to 430 depending on the dyno stock. About 15-16psi is what I see on my cobb stage 1 car.

stage 1 cobb adds 60-80awhp
mid pipe adds 10-20awhp
exhaust adds maybe 10awhp

the 510whp number with these mods sounds about right but the stock numbers dont??
Old 06-04-2009, 03:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas@bbiautosport View Post
The dyno is a dynapack. We are working closely with Cobb to develop what will soon become Cobb's official Stage2. I'm 95% sure the baseline is stock; I'll double check for you. Are you familiar with how dynapack dynos calculate hp?

Yes I am very familiar with that type of dyno. Thats good that an official stage 2 is going to be developed, hopefully it will be with all the same parts and sold as a package so there wont be that many more variables when coming up with the hp figure. The stage 2 and up from cobb has had its share of problems in the past with boost cut issues and such. Still as far as i know the best way to achieve more hp is with bolt on parts is to do a custom tune since no 2 cars are alike.

2004 E55 AMG Sold
2001 ML55 AMG Sold
Old 06-04-2009, 10:16 AM

jaspergtr has a reputation beyond reputejaspergtr has a reputation beyond reputejaspergtr has a reputation beyond reputejaspergtr has a reputation beyond reputejaspergtr has a reputation beyond reputejaspergtr has a reputation beyond reputejaspergtr has a reputation beyond reputejaspergtr has a reputation beyond reputejaspergtr has a reputation beyond reputejaspergtr has a reputation beyond reputejaspergtr has a reputation beyond repute
That is good news (about the Stage 2 business).

I like the tips.
Old 06-04-2009, 01:38 PM
Administrator

bbywu has a reputation beyond reputebbywu has a reputation beyond reputebbywu has a reputation beyond reputebbywu has a reputation beyond reputebbywu has a reputation beyond reputebbywu has a reputation beyond reputebbywu has a reputation beyond reputebbywu has a reputation beyond reputebbywu has a reputation beyond reputebbywu has a reputation beyond reputebbywu has a reputation beyond repute
I love the exhaust tips...
Old 06-04-2009, 01:40 PM
Former Vendor

Quote:
Yes I am very familiar with that type of dyno. Thats good that an official stage 2 is going to be developed, hopefully it will be with all the same parts and sold as a package so there wont be that many more variables when coming up with the hp figure. The stage 2 and up from cobb has had its share of problems in the past with boost cut issues and such. Still as far as i know the best way to achieve more hp is with bolt on parts is to do a custom tune since no 2 cars are alike.
You are right on, the biggest problem at the moment is, boost cutting. The guys are putting alot of time into this to perfect it.

What mods do you have on your GTR besides the Cobb Stage 1?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaspergtr View Post
That is good news (about the Stage 2 business).

I like the tips.
Stay tuned for updates regarding Stage 2
Old 06-04-2009, 03:22 PM

Quote:
You are right on, the biggest problem at the moment is, boost cutting. The guys are putting alot of time into this to perfect it.

What mods do you have on your GTR besides the Cobb Stage 1?

Stay tuned for updates regarding Stage 2
I have just a mid-pipe and Cobb stage 1

I bet if you go back and load the stage 1 map power will be close to the same and no boost cut. There is something about the stage 2 and higher that the ecu doesnt like

2004 E55 AMG Sold
2001 ML55 AMG Sold
Old 06-04-2009, 09:41 PM
Former Vendor

Quote:
I have just a mid-pipe and Cobb stage 1

I bet if you go back and load the stage 1 map power will be close to the same and no boost cut. There is something about the stage 2 and higher that the ecu doesnt like
You are 100% right about going to back stage 1; But if no one ever pushed the envelop, we would never get beyond stage 1.

Last edited by Betim@BBIAutosport; 06-05-2009 at 06:45 AM.
Old 06-04-2009, 11:08 PM

Jmoney is just really niceJmoney is just really niceJmoney is just really niceJmoney is just really nice
jmoney20x
Send a message via AIM to Jmoney
Good work can't wait to get my car back to run Matt's Godzilla
Old 06-04-2009, 11:08 PM

Quote:
I believe you are 100% right about going to stage 1; But if we didn't push the envelop no one would get out of stage 1.
I agree.

Oh ya your gonna probably need boost actuators if you plan on boosting past 17psi. Stock ones seem to be faulty around there and not hold boost

Up to 20psi + u will need injectors. There is already drop in injectors available. But you probably knew all this stuff already

2004 E55 AMG Sold
2001 ML55 AMG Sold
Old 06-05-2009, 12:05 PM

nivanm5 is on a distinguished road
the exhaust tips look great!
Old 06-05-2009, 12:05 PM

Tags
al, awhp, bbi, cobb, exhaust, exhuast, flash, godzilla, gtr, huntsville, modified, power, r35, stage, tips, tuned