Nissan GTR Forum for the R32, R33, R34 and R35 "Godzilla"

2010 GTR beats ZR1

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-16-2009, 03:20 PM
BD-
Banned
BD- is a splendid one to beholdBD- is a splendid one to beholdBD- is a splendid one to beholdBD- is a splendid one to beholdBD- is a splendid one to beholdBD- is a splendid one to beholdBD- is a splendid one to behold
2010 GTR beats ZR1

GT-R Beats ZR-1 around the Conti test track in the lastest latest Autobild Sportscars..

Of course the GTR cheated....... now heavy..... don't make us call the doctor with the sleepy medicine.

Old 06-16-2009, 11:07 PM
Vladcanada is a glorious beacon of lightVladcanada is a glorious beacon of lightVladcanada is a glorious beacon of lightVladcanada is a glorious beacon of lightVladcanada is a glorious beacon of light

Old 06-17-2009, 01:09 AM
airtrackk is a name known to allairtrackk is a name known to allairtrackk is a name known to allairtrackk is a name known to allairtrackk is a name known to allairtrackk is a name known to all
I really hate to admit it, but it's pretty remarkable what the GTR has been able to achieve on the various track tests in the relatively short time it's been out.

On paper the GTR seems like a idea that should not work

No car that weighs like an SUV (i don't mean that as an insult) should be able to compete with, let alone beat such cars

WTF 3900 lbs 480hp? it just does not add up (in my brain)

Forget what Nissan claims, even the supertest time of 7:38 (or mid 30's if you believe HVS) is insanely quick

As i was reading the Automobile mag GTR vs Hummer test http://www.automobilemag.com/feature...gtr/index.html
i distinctly remember thinking, what's the big deal? it's a SUV vs SUV test.....who cares? ( i'm kidding of course)

Seriously though, am i the only one who thinks the formula Nissan successfully chose for the GTR goes against the universally believed principal of how to make a car faster....light weight + power = fast!!!........somewhere Colin Chapman is turning in his grave!!!!

But kudos to Nissan for proving a lot of doubters like me wrong.....the GTR has certainely earned my respect

Last edited by airtrackk; 06-17-2009 at 01:14 AM. Reason: -
Old 06-17-2009, 02:32 AM
JAY-PESOS will become famous soon enoughJAY-PESOS will become famous soon enough
i don't believe it. i wanna see that in person

Old 06-17-2009, 09:09 AM
BlackSheep will become famous soon enough
Need I say more??

Old 06-17-2009, 10:52 AM
zosomoso is on a distinguished road
^loll nice plates

Old 06-17-2009, 01:43 PM
f117 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by BlackSheep
Need I say more??
nice plate, did any gtr owner give you a or or or ?

Old 06-17-2009, 01:50 PM
jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !
wow!!

Old 06-17-2009, 02:21 PM
snakebitten is a splendid one to beholdsnakebitten is a splendid one to beholdsnakebitten is a splendid one to beholdsnakebitten is a splendid one to beholdsnakebitten is a splendid one to beholdsnakebitten is a splendid one to beholdsnakebitten is a splendid one to behold
If it cant beat the GTR with ease then no way in hell it will run with the ACR as I had thought. Only beat it by .2 secs but damn the GTR weighs 4k lbs and only has 500+ crank hp[480 lol, yeah right] against 3360lbs and 647hp makes no sence until you realize that a human will be hard pressed to beat a computer at driving. Computer plus great driver = Giant Killer. Not taking anything away from the GTR but that the facts. GTR's computer will always aide the driver in every imput he/she makes vs any lesser techno car save the comparitively neanderthal ACR lol.

Last edited by snakebitten; 06-17-2009 at 02:29 PM.
Old 06-17-2009, 02:31 PM
snakebitten is a splendid one to beholdsnakebitten is a splendid one to beholdsnakebitten is a splendid one to beholdsnakebitten is a splendid one to beholdsnakebitten is a splendid one to beholdsnakebitten is a splendid one to beholdsnakebitten is a splendid one to behold
Need I say more??

Yeah. You gonna need more than z51 and power to beat a GTR around a track....Oh snap...No I didnt

Old 06-17-2009, 02:57 PM
Originally Posted by f117
nice plate, did any gtr owner give you a or or or ?
The funniest was when I went to a bar and backed in right next to a white GTR.. Dude came looking for me in the bar, asked whta was so special about my car. I said not much, doesn't take much to beat a GTR.. Ticked him off pretty good.. My car at the time had a CAI, Headers, and tune and made 430/424.. He said there was no way that my car was faster than his, he beats Z06's... I said if you beat Z06's then you should beat the baby corvette pretty good then!.. So, we head out together and go from a 20 roll first, He jumped a half car on me and by 60 I was passing him and by 140 I was a good 2 cars ahead of him and making ground quickly.. Then from a dig.. He got out a car and a bit.. By 100 I was going by him very quickly, We pulled back into the bar and I opened the hood.. He sat there scratching his head, said I had NOS hidden! LOL!

Then I had an old guy stop me at the gas station and was like let's go right now!! He was really mad, it was kinda funny! My car had the addition of heads and cam and was putting down 491/450.. We pulled right out of the gas station and on the service road guy looked over at me and hit it. Not honking or anything.. I quickly ran him down and waved bye bye and he gave me the finger! LOL!

The GTR is a stoplight terror.. Not so much after that.. A friend of mine has one and it has grown on me but just not my cup of tea.. I don't hate them, they are just a different car than I prefer to drive. It's just lot's of funn slaughtering them on the road! I'm into high speed roll racing, something the GTR will never be good at..

Old 06-17-2009, 03:10 PM
Originally Posted by snakebitten
Yeah. You gonna need more than z51 and power to beat a GTR around a track....Oh snap...No I didnt
How about you bring a GTR out to MSR and a wad of cash and we'll see where things end up...

Last edited by BlackSheep; 06-17-2009 at 03:14 PM.
Old 06-17-2009, 03:43 PM
How about you bring a GTR out to MSR and a wad of cash and we'll see where things end up...
Im in a recession

Old 06-17-2009, 03:45 PM
BD-
Banned
BD- is a splendid one to beholdBD- is a splendid one to beholdBD- is a splendid one to beholdBD- is a splendid one to beholdBD- is a splendid one to beholdBD- is a splendid one to beholdBD- is a splendid one to behold
Can I be the bald guy who oversees the whinging and decides how many car lengths headstart each car gets?

Old 06-18-2009, 12:28 AM
kp117 is a name known to allkp117 is a name known to allkp117 is a name known to allkp117 is a name known to allkp117 is a name known to allkp117 is a name known to all
Heavychevy is rolling over in his grave. The GTR is as fast or faster than the GT3, 997, ZR1. I cant imagine if he could possibly have a rebuttal, I just can't.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.