Nissan GTR Forum for the R32, R33, R34 and R35 "Godzilla"

My life with the GT-R aka My expensive test drive

Old 05-19-2016, 04:21 PM
mystermykee is on a distinguished road
My first post on these forums and it will be to revive an old thread.

Over the past few weeks I've been going back and forth debating whether I should I sell my GTR for a 997TT or a newer 991S or 4S (price range is about the same yes?). The GTR is one hell of a performance machine, especially with 5-7k worth of mods and tune. It quickly puts you up into 200-500k supercar territory.

I felt like I needed to post on this thread because well, I agree with most of the things the OP pointed out about the GTR. I daily the car so all the complaints people have about the GTR come all the more apparent much more quickly. You can definitely feel its 4k lbs girth. Coming from an M3 I prefer something much more agile feeling (note how I said "agile feeling" because we all know the GTR handles pretty damn well). I had both my old E46 M3 and the GTR for about 4 months until I sold the M3. Given my life situation I didn't see the point in having two cars and only saving the GTR for sunny days/weekends. Power and speeding around gets old quick, not to mention you can't really drive like that all the time unless you want jail time lol. I was able to live with the tranny noises and uncomfortable Recaro seats at first--that got old as well. I can let go of getting looks, thumbs up and the like, as well as knowing I can beat 99% of cars on the street.

By all means the GTR is a great car; however, it takes a special type of enthusiast to live with the gripes and groans it makes. Soo...anyone want to buy a 2016 GTR Black Edition White with 11k miles on it??? Haha.

Old 05-19-2016, 06:57 PM
slimkev has much to be proud ofslimkev has much to be proud ofslimkev has much to be proud ofslimkev has much to be proud ofslimkev has much to be proud ofslimkev has much to be proud ofslimkev has much to be proud ofslimkev has much to be proud ofslimkev has much to be proud ofslimkev has much to be proud of
P turbo's are a much better option.

Old 05-21-2016, 09:13 AM
XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by slimkev
P turbo's are a much better option.
I agree. I have owned MANY cars and a DBA GT-R and turbo P-cars. I do LOVE the GT-R and LOVE Porsche. There just is no substitute for the Porsche smoothness and engineering. The GT-R drivetrain noise does get annoying especially if using it daily and I understand - it's a purpose built machine. I did feel a bit more comfortable in my 2012 Premium from a driving position standpoint compared to my 996TT and I highly appreciate the ergonomics, GPS, technology. Fantasic machines - just not a Porsche.

I do love white and if you make me a killer deal on that '16 mykee.....

Old 05-23-2016, 11:42 PM
mystermykee is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by XLR82XS
I agree. I have owned MANY cars and a DBA GT-R and turbo P-cars. I do LOVE the GT-R and LOVE Porsche. There just is no substitute for the Porsche smoothness and engineering. The GT-R drivetrain noise does get annoying especially if using it daily and I understand - it's a purpose built machine. I did feel a bit more comfortable in my 2012 Premium from a driving position standpoint compared to my 996TT and I highly appreciate the ergonomics, GPS, technology. Fantasic machines - just not a Porsche.

I do love white and if you make me a killer deal on that '16 mykee.....
It's official...I listed my car on auto trader today and hopefully it will appear on these forums shortly.

Old 05-17-2018, 11:39 AM
ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !
Not many reflections lately. Hope no one else has fallen into unfortunate GTR ownership... as compared to eyes wide open ownership!

Old 05-22-2018, 09:04 AM
XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ryem3
Not many reflections lately. Hope no one else has fallen into unfortunate GTR ownership... as compared to eyes wide open ownership!
Not here. I'm HAPPY with my Panny TT and it suits S.FL well.

Old 05-23-2018, 06:15 AM
ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by XLR82XS
Not here. I'm HAPPY with my Panny TT and it suits S.FL well.
A Panamera relates to a GTR how?

Old 05-23-2018, 07:48 AM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ryem3
A Panamera relates to a GTR how?
Twin Turbo, AWD, ...

Both have doors, steering wheel, and driver seat... I'm out.

Old 06-14-2018, 07:51 PM
camdon has a brilliant futurecamdon has a brilliant futurecamdon has a brilliant futurecamdon has a brilliant futurecamdon has a brilliant futurecamdon has a brilliant futurecamdon has a brilliant futurecamdon has a brilliant futurecamdon has a brilliant futurecamdon has a brilliant futurecamdon has a brilliant future
Question for you GT-R experts. If this topic was covered somewhere else please point me in the right direction.

Do the transmissions still make a lot of noise? Or have they been changed on the new ones? I had a 2015 and just hated the noise the tranny made all the time. Otherwise I loved the car.

Old 06-19-2018, 07:08 AM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by camdon
Question for you GT-R experts. If this topic was covered somewhere else please point me in the right direction.

Do the transmissions still make a lot of noise? Or have they been changed on the new ones? I had a 2015 and just hated the noise the tranny made all the time. Otherwise I loved the car.
Still "noisy" (term being relevant). Slightly quieter in recent years, but most likely due to added insulation.

I've added sound-deadener in rear (but not all of the trunk) mainly for sound improvement, but found the positive impact on less trans noise.