Nissan GTR Forum for the R32, R33, R34 and R35 "Godzilla"

how much to make to own gtr

Old 01-08-2014, 12:01 AM
Coppi51 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by dk10438
As shocking as it may seem, a 1 million dollar house isn't nice in so cal. So 250k doesn't go far here and it would be assinine to buy a ferrari with that limited income.
A nice 1 bedroom in downtown santa monica is about 1 million......for a building built in the 60's :-/

Old 01-30-2014, 08:05 PM
KGX
KGX is a glorious beacon of lightKGX is a glorious beacon of lightKGX is a glorious beacon of lightKGX is a glorious beacon of lightKGX is a glorious beacon of lightKGX is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by tpduke112
People always say "I bought my car for x, and I could get x amount for my car based on the market", but I never hear of anyone actually selling their car for a profit like that.
I only know of ONE personal experience where it happened... my friend's dad once owned a new 360 Modena, put hardly any miles on it, polished it daily with a wet diaper, and ended up selling a few years later for a few thousand more than he bought it for. Even then, I would argue that if you count the high cost of dealership maintenance and insurance, he probably ended up just breaking even.

That said, I've only seen F-cars and classics (shelbys, old aston martins, etc.) appreciate in value. The vast majority of cars are simply not collector's items, especially not Japanese ones.

Old 01-31-2014, 07:24 PM
rseven has much to be proud ofrseven has much to be proud ofrseven has much to be proud ofrseven has much to be proud ofrseven has much to be proud ofrseven has much to be proud ofrseven has much to be proud ofrseven has much to be proud ofrseven has much to be proud ofrseven has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by KGX
The vast majority of cars are simply not collector's items, especially not Japanese ones.

True, for the most part. However, there are exceptions.......Toyota 2000GT

Old 02-01-2014, 12:46 PM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by rseven
True, for the most part. However, there are exceptions.......Toyota 2000GT
Nissan KPGC-10 (the first Skyline GT-R). Try finding one for under $100,000.

Most Skyline GT-R's are still priced above their original MSRP (even some over 25 years old).

Old 02-01-2014, 05:50 PM
Banned
k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !
$40k a year.

Old 02-02-2014, 09:22 AM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by k-ore
$40k a year.

It depends on who you talk to.

Some people here say that if you have more money, go for the 911. Only people who can't afford the 911 look at a GT-R.

But then the irony sets in - some of those same people say that the maintenance for the GT-R is too expensive and that the 911 is cheaper.

So after reading all of that stuff, I can't tell which one is the bargain.

Old 10-14-2014, 11:32 PM
Omgtr is on a distinguished road
Cool Can I afford

I make roughly 2500 a week. 1500 a month for rent elc ext. . No kids no wife luckily. No debt. Looking to buy a gtr here soon 50k down payment. Anybody think it's a good idea or should I go used save up a couple more months and just pay cash. Ideas are welcome

Old 10-15-2014, 02:43 PM
gtr guy in az has much to be proud ofgtr guy in az has much to be proud ofgtr guy in az has much to be proud ofgtr guy in az has much to be proud ofgtr guy in az has much to be proud ofgtr guy in az has much to be proud ofgtr guy in az has much to be proud ofgtr guy in az has much to be proud ofgtr guy in az has much to be proud of
Thumbs up used with 7 year warranty

Originally Posted by Omgtr
I make roughly 2500 a week. 1500 a month for rent elc ext. . No kids no wife luckily. No debt. Looking to buy a gtr here soon 50k down payment. Anybody think it's a good idea or should I go used save up a couple more months and just pay cash. Ideas are welcome

Search for a used GTR with low mileage and a 7 year warranty . 2012 selling for 70,000 or so .
Your covered for 2012 plus 7 years on the whole car. up to 2019 no worries.
If you can wait, Nov to Feb is the lowest price time of year.
Do your quality research and pay for the car to be inspected by a dealer

Old 01-02-2015, 10:08 PM
HpizKing has a reputation beyond reputeHpizKing has a reputation beyond reputeHpizKing has a reputation beyond reputeHpizKing has a reputation beyond reputeHpizKing has a reputation beyond reputeHpizKing has a reputation beyond reputeHpizKing has a reputation beyond reputeHpizKing has a reputation beyond reputeHpizKing has a reputation beyond reputeHpizKing has a reputation beyond reputeHpizKing has a reputation beyond repute
$50k down?

Originally Posted by Omgtr

Personally, $50k down seems crazy as you can invest that money or put it down on a piece of property (and get out of the rent game w mortgage interest rates still low) and get a better return than what you will pay in interest on the car w good credit. That car is a depreciating asset not worthy of tying up that kind of money. Just my two cents worth as this is an entirely personal decision where everyone will have an opinion. Good luck!

Old 03-31-2015, 09:18 PM
whyb2nd is on a distinguished road
I agree with most here, it's a personal decision you need to decide based on your finances and future expenses. A lot of us here have expendable cash for our addiction which is fast cars...lol
Plus due to the volume of cars we've bought over the years we know how to buy them. IE: end of model year discounts, trunk money, used garage queens..etc. Research is the key to saving money in cars..good luck!

Old 11-07-2015, 05:08 PM
JSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud of
My personal opinion is that you should not buy a toy car until your retirement is funded, kids college funded and you have a cushion. I've had the money in the bank dispite the fact that I financed it at a low rate. Life is not always a straight line. I could not imagine telling my kids I can't pay for college because I blew it on a car. Business's change as do jobs. Be smart.

I waited until all my ducks were in a row. And to be honest , I love my car but the anticipation of it all those years was almost better. Hard to explain.

It comes down to your risk tolerance just like in investing. To me my family came first and second.

Old 11-07-2015, 07:05 PM
MSIZZLE66 has a reputation beyond reputeMSIZZLE66 has a reputation beyond reputeMSIZZLE66 has a reputation beyond reputeMSIZZLE66 has a reputation beyond reputeMSIZZLE66 has a reputation beyond reputeMSIZZLE66 has a reputation beyond reputeMSIZZLE66 has a reputation beyond reputeMSIZZLE66 has a reputation beyond reputeMSIZZLE66 has a reputation beyond reputeMSIZZLE66 has a reputation beyond reputeMSIZZLE66 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by JSF721
My personal opinion is that you should not buy a toy car until your retirement is funded, kids college funded and you have a cushion. I've had the money in the bank dispite the fact that I financed it at a low rate. Life is not always a straight line. I could not imagine telling my kids I can't pay for college because I blew it on a car. Business's change as do jobs. Be smart.

I waited until all my ducks were in a row. And to be honest , I love my car but the anticipation of it all those years was almost better. Hard to explain.

It comes down to your risk tolerance just like in investing. To me my family came first and second.
Though i agree with you that family of course comes first but that seems a little extreme. depending of the age of your child you have upwards of 18 years to save for college, retirement funds are also a monthly expense that you accrue over your life. I don't think having a car payment along the way as long as all that is covered plus some is a crime.

Old 11-08-2015, 05:54 AM
JSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud of
I'm not talking car payment. I have had those. I'm talking excessive car payment. I seems to me that the op is a younger guy that is asking when he can afford a GTr with by anyone's measure is not basic transportation.

I feel (my personal opinion) that before you make the jump into a toy car you should be set. Imagine telling your kids business was great, I bought a GTr and now I can't afford college because chipotle opened next store and our Texmex family restaurant that had been killing it tanked?

I realize I'm on the extreme. Waited a long time to get my toy car. To me there was not any other way.

Trying to help the next generation not hate their car because it's choking them and also to get priorities in line. At 25 I would have loved to have this car and could have swung it. But then getting married, kids it would have been a big mistake. If you feel retirement is a monthly expense. Then we agree. I hope you will agree that the earlier you get it in the less you will have to save. Well by delaying this luxury purchase you can cram say 1400 more in per month. I say do that.

Again not forcing my opinion on anyone just adding my view for perspective.

I came to the GTr section because I'm looking at a slightly used example 2015 2,5oo mi and wanted to see owners experiences.

Originally Posted by MSIZZLE66
Though i agree with you that family of course comes first but that seems a little extreme. depending of the age of your child you have upwards of 18 years to save for college, retirement funds are also a monthly expense that you accrue over your life. I don't think having a car payment along the way as long as all that is covered plus some is a crime.

Last edited by JSF721; 11-26-2015 at 04:20 AM.
Old 12-13-2015, 11:19 PM
dds007 has a reputation beyond reputedds007 has a reputation beyond reputedds007 has a reputation beyond reputedds007 has a reputation beyond reputedds007 has a reputation beyond reputedds007 has a reputation beyond reputedds007 has a reputation beyond reputedds007 has a reputation beyond reputedds007 has a reputation beyond reputedds007 has a reputation beyond reputedds007 has a reputation beyond repute
I think 10k/month net is plenty to enjoy life and this car.

Old 12-14-2015, 01:41 PM
daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !
Please let this thread die...

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: how much to make to own gtr