Nissan GTR Forum for the R32, R33, R34 and R35 "Godzilla"

Next generation Nissan GT-R Could have 800 Horsepower

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-13-2014, 11:33 AM
Banned
geo0006 will become famous soon enoughgeo0006 will become famous soon enough
Next generation Nissan GT-R Could have 800 Horsepower

New details are emerging about the next generation Nissan GT-R (R36) set to come out towards the end of next year as a 2016MY.

It's no longer a secret the all-new GT-R will receive a hybrid powertrain and now we have learned from a Japanese magazine the electric motor will work together with the familiar VR38DETT twin-turbo V6 3.8-liter engine. Nismo's engineers will be tweaking this hardware arrangement which should provide the next-gen GT-R with a total output of 800 HP (588 kW) thanks to the implementation of a KERS-like system developed in collaboration with Williams.

The GT-R R36 will allegedly need just 2.7 seconds to get from 0 to 62 mph (100 km/h) while the quarter mile should take about 10 seconds. The same source mentions a top speed of approximately 211 mph (340 km/h)
Expect a price tag between 120,000 and 150,000 USD whereas the current range-topping 600 HP GT-R Nismo costs 149,990 USD, without taking into account the 1,595 USD destination and handling charges.

If this is for real looks like I better save up. I miss my 2009 GTR so much. Should not have sold it.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Next%20generation%20Nissan%20GT-R%20Could%20have%20800%20Horsepower.jpg
Views:	993
Size:	55.0 KB
ID:	346493  
Old 03-13-2014, 01:36 PM
djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !
let's hope they drop some weight on that thing and make it prettier too

performance is what it is known. however, the looks is what stops me from getting one.

Old 03-13-2014, 05:45 PM
gtr guy in az has much to be proud ofgtr guy in az has much to be proud ofgtr guy in az has much to be proud ofgtr guy in az has much to be proud ofgtr guy in az has much to be proud ofgtr guy in az has much to be proud ofgtr guy in az has much to be proud ofgtr guy in az has much to be proud ofgtr guy in az has much to be proud of
IF THAT IS THE CASE, WITH 800 HP...
Let hope and pray for the Ferrari and Porsche lovers ever where.
The 7:08 at the ring will be sub 6 minutes and the 911 turbo will be really put out to pasture.........
Remember, the best time the 911 could run was mid 7:20 s and the 458 Ferrari was plus 7:30 times
What will happen now and how do you defend really SLOW AT THE TRACK INFO.......

Old 03-13-2014, 09:31 PM
Banned
Someone buying these cars with no experience can realy hurt themselves and other.

Cars are getting way too fast for the average drivers license holder.

Imagine a rich high school kid getting this car or even the current GTR / 911 Turbo cars.

Old 03-14-2014, 05:28 AM
vrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by gtr guy in az
IF THAT IS THE CASE, WITH 800 HP...
Let hope and pray for the Ferrari and Porsche lovers ever where.
The 7:08 at the ring will be sub 6 minutes and the 911 turbo will be really put out to pasture.........
Remember, the best time the 911 could run was mid 7:20 s and the 458 Ferrari was plus 7:30 times
What will happen now and how do you defend really SLOW AT THE TRACK INFO.......

It's pretty much irrelevant.

Most Ferrari and Porsche lovers don't buy their respective cars because of the results of some professional driver at a track several thousand miles away.

Matter of fact, MOST car buyers don't really care.

They buy the car they like because it is just that, the car THEY LIKE, for whatever reason.

Much of it has to do with body style, ergonomics, etc.

If all someone cares about are mythical 'Ring times that most of us would never achieve, then they will probably always be disappointed when the newest model comes out.

Old 03-14-2014, 12:48 PM
bumpinjeep is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by vrybad
It's pretty much irrelevant.

Most Ferrari and Porsche lovers don't buy their respective cars because of the results of some professional driver at a track several thousand miles away.

Matter of fact, MOST car buyers don't really care.

They buy the car they like because it is just that, the car THEY LIKE, for whatever reason.

Much of it has to do with body style, ergonomics, etc.

If all someone cares about are mythical 'Ring times that most of us would never achieve, then they will probably always be disappointed when the newest model comes out.
Great points. I would say most people buy high end vehicles as a status symbol. If the majority of people bought cars for their performance aspect only, everyone would drive a Z06 or a GTR. However, the reality is those cars simply don't have the cache that the high end brands do.

Old 03-14-2014, 04:16 PM
vrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by bumpinjeep
Great points. I would say most people buy high end vehicles as a status symbol. If the majority of people bought cars for their performance aspect only, everyone would drive a Z06 or a GTR. However, the reality is those cars simply don't have the cache that the high end brands do.
Agreed.

What is crazy is that most modern sports cars are capable of outperforming most typical owners, even those who think they are great drivers AND spend some time at a road course!

It's tough to get max performance out of modern high end vehicles, and by max, I mean MAX, which is why 'Ring times are, IMO, not that important.

Old 03-23-2014, 10:53 AM
jwp98 is on a distinguished road
That 2016 car is compelling wow!!
Very curious
However, no way it will be lighter
Almost certainly heavier

Does Nissan already own hybrid tech?
The cost estimate is low too
And don't discount where the 918 tech will have trickled down to by 2017..

Old 03-23-2014, 10:58 AM
jwp98 is on a distinguished road
What is crazy is that most modern sports cars are capable of outperforming most typical owners, even those who think they are great drivers AND spend some time at a road course!

It's tough to get max performance out of modern high end vehicles, and by max, I mean MAX, which is why 'Ring times are, IMO, not that important.[/QUOTE]

Agreed
Thinking of advances in safety versus performance,
Do you think a 17 yo kid would be safer in a 930 or a 991 tt?

Old 03-24-2014, 07:58 AM
gtr guy in az has much to be proud ofgtr guy in az has much to be proud ofgtr guy in az has much to be proud ofgtr guy in az has much to be proud ofgtr guy in az has much to be proud ofgtr guy in az has much to be proud ofgtr guy in az has much to be proud ofgtr guy in az has much to be proud ofgtr guy in az has much to be proud of
Ring times used to be celebrated by Porsche and others as a measure of greatness.
Having owned a Ruff Porsche and a early Alpina turbo BMW, road racing was the the ultimate test.
Now that other players have bested Porsche and Ferrari at an affordable price , we now don't see this as so important .............. Maybe not ..
I can drive my GTR with 650 HP all the time. It goes to the track and when rotors and brakes need to be replaced, it only costs 2500.00 , not 10,000.00
I still love any and all supercars but would not go back to owning a garage queen, too much fun drive all the time .
When I am done with my GTR , then maybe I will go back to show, shine and chat, oh and dream of the good old days when I could claim to be the fastest.
It all depends on whether you want to really drive it or are afraid to race it and lower the value with excess mileage and a rock chip.
The cost of owning a GTR is so affordable , not ready yet to retreat...

Old 03-25-2014, 03:29 PM
jones83 is on a distinguished road
The new GTR probably won't have that much hp. It definitely needs to lose weight. Especially with the rest of the cars in its price bracket losing weight and upping hp.

Old 03-26-2014, 09:32 PM
Banned
I agree I had a 09 GTR and it was overweight. When I switched to Michelin pilot sport 2 tires which are not run flat like the factory ones the car handled not as good.

Old 04-11-2014, 07:05 PM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by geo0006
Someone buying these cars with no experience can realy hurt themselves and other.

Cars are getting way too fast for the average drivers license holder.

Imagine a rich high school kid getting this car or even the current GTR / 911 Turbo cars.
The thing is - these cars are easier to handle like cars used to be, like the Corvette C5Z or 996GT2. You should remember... The GT-R is fast when you want it to be - without all of the drama associated with other cars that can't provide traction. The car won't reach out and bite you, unless you are WAAAAAYYYYYYY over the acceptable limits. When that happens, I agree - someone will get into trouble. But something tells me, the GT-R won't permit or restrict that. That decision was made long before the purchase of any car.

And regarding 'Ring times: If we've learned anything about the GT-R, it should be that it is the one car that an amateur driver can get the closest time than any professional driver. So - yes, if a professional driver can get anywhere near a particular car's time (918 Spyder, for example) than the average GT-R owner will most likely be able to out drive the driver in that other car.

Nissan has released each car with more power and abilities than its predecessors, and the R36 should be no different than this trend that started in the '80s. Nissan has said the next version is looking to have a hybrid drive train. But - recently, the project manager has also mentioned about having possible multiple drive trains (hybrid/non-hybrid), and multiple trim levels. There was also talk about making it cheaper (more mainstream like the 370Z production) to keep costs down. Which is fine, as long as the performance is still the best around (let's face it - that's about all the car has going for it).

I can easily see a combined HP rating of 700HP (that would complete the NISMO trend of R32 300HP, R33 400HP, R34 500HP, R35 600HP). The electric part may increase a lot more torque than HP, though. Nissan won't sit while other cars are making improvements (like the P-1, 918, La Ferrari, 911Turbo, C7Z06, etc...). They MUST do something to maintain their level of performance.

The C7Z06 is going to be a badass machine (the new 991Turbo already is). The R36 cannot disappoint. I think it will outperform both when it comes out. We'll see.