Nissan GTR Forum for the R32, R33, R34 and R35 "Godzilla"

What next..GTR, R8, Gallardo

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-06-2014, 02:13 PM
porschemama will become famous soon enoughporschemama will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by GETU1
Ive made the decision that either this July, or the following im going to get out of my 911 and get into one of the three cars ive listed. Now I know each of them are completely different to one another, but Ive always wanted to own each of them.

My options:
2011-12+GTR
2008-09 Audi R8
2004-05 Gallardo
I didnt know where else to post this, what are you guys thoughts? Has anyone here owned all three of these?
Hit up empunker. He has owned every sweet car that's on my bucket list.

Old 04-06-2014, 05:20 PM
HyperDrive is just really niceHyperDrive is just really niceHyperDrive is just really niceHyperDrive is just really nice
Originally Posted by Deuuuce
OP: Have you considered a new F-Type?

Disclaimer: I like the car, I think its a great choice for specific reasons. But I find this statement a little surprising. It's styling isn't classic or particularly artistic and it looks "big". If you had an Aston, Ferrari, 997/991, F-Type or Maserati, I could totally see it. My 45yr old Sicilian wife would concur.
I'm a little perplexed by this statement. I was just telling you what my observations were from having owned a GT-R for four years. People didn't clamor around me like I was a rock star, but the vehicle still received a lot of attention--more than any other vehicle I've ever owned. And as for the implication that a car has to have the pedigree of an Aston, Ferrari, 997/991, F-Type or Maserati, I beg to differ on that. Not only with my past experiences that I've described here, but let me relay another story to you. When I was on active duty and stationed in southern Italy, I had my '86 Buick Grand National shipped over. And I will tell you that this Bad-to-the-Bone American muscle car sure got a lot of attention with the Italians. In fact, I was even paid to drive for a wedding, because someone saw my car and decided it had to be in the wedding. A Buick? The audacity!

In absence of any other reasons that I can come up with, this seems to be the same negative bias towards the GT-R from the European high performance car owners. What is the problem, the GT-R doesn't belong in the same company? I'm not saying you feel that way (though your comments seem to indicate that), but I know there are plenty of people within the demographic that feel that way. Anyway, who cares? If your high dollar exotic has the paparazzi around you all the time, more power to you. But just remember that there are other cars out there which will equal or outperform these exotics, and it doesn't mean they can't garner their own fair share of attention in their own right, despite not having the same lineage.

Last edited by HyperDrive; 04-07-2014 at 05:51 AM.
Old 04-07-2014, 08:07 AM
Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by HyperDrive
I'm a little perplexed by this statement. I was just telling you what my observations were from having owned a GT-R for four years. People didn't clamor around me like I was a rock star, but the vehicle still received a lot of attention--more than any other vehicle I've ever owned. And as for the implication that a car has to have the pedigree of an Aston, Ferrari, 997/991, F-Type or Maserati, I beg to differ on that. Not only with my past experiences that I've described here, but let me relay another story to you. When I was on active duty and stationed in southern Italy, I had my '86 Buick Grand National shipped over. And I will tell you that this Bad-to-the-Bone American muscle car sure got a lot of attention with the Italians. In fact, I was even paid to drive for a wedding, because someone saw my car and decided it had to be in the wedding. A Buick? The audacity!

In absence of any other reasons that I can come up with, this seems to be the same negative bias towards the GT-R from the European high performance car owners. What is the problem, the GT-R doesn't belong in the same company? I'm not saying you feel that way (though your comments seem to indicate that), but I know there are plenty of people within the demographic that feel that way. Anyway, who cares? If your high dollar exotic has the paparazzi around you all the time, more power to you. But just remember that there are other cars out there which will equal or outperform these exotics, and it doesn't mean they can't garner their own fair share of attention in their own right, despite not having the same lineage.
My statement is in regards to styling appreciation in the US. It had nothing to do with acceptability. The GN story doesn't surprise me at all, occurring overseas.

Old 04-07-2014, 09:27 AM
rseven has much to be proud ofrseven has much to be proud ofrseven has much to be proud ofrseven has much to be proud ofrseven has much to be proud ofrseven has much to be proud ofrseven has much to be proud ofrseven has much to be proud ofrseven has much to be proud ofrseven has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by teflon_jones
It's really not a game changer as there have been previous examples of everyday marques who put out an outstanding car rivalling cars for twice the price...

While I somewhat agree with your statement, there's no denying the significant impact the GTR has made on the performance scene since it's introduction.

Old 04-08-2014, 10:16 PM
dimitri is on a distinguished road
Whenever i take out the GTR i get the looks and the photos.
Its a bad a$$ ride who cares that its a nissan.

Old 04-15-2014, 08:38 PM
Yogi911 has a spectacular aura aboutYogi911 has a spectacular aura about
Ive heard from several peoples' kids that the GTR is the new countach/testarossa/911 Turbo. Meaning younger kids these days dream of the GTR and have the posters on the wall of the GTR just as kids from my generation did with the cars above. Thats not to say they dont still like the exotics but the press/media/movies have definitely contributed to a love affair with the R35.

Old 04-15-2014, 08:40 PM
Sorry back on topic...i was thinking about those same cars except V10 R8. I chose 997TT. But i also made the mistake of not driving all of them and really exploring. I basically chose the 911 from research alone. Basically im saying, dont forget to enjoy the hunt.

Old 05-03-2014, 11:00 PM
GETU1 will become famous soon enoughGETU1 will become famous soon enough
WELL. I wanted one of these a while back, not a car listed, but a different one.

Drove home a 2014 c63 507 edition today. Beast of a car .

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sherwood No.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	86.7 KB
ID:	370335  
Old 05-04-2014, 12:41 AM
Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !
WELL. I wanted one of these a while back, not a car listed, but a different one.

Congrats! If you had answered my question earlier, the C63 is one of my first recommendations for a sub-$100k all-around performance cars.

Old 05-04-2014, 06:19 AM
Congrats! Bet it sounds and feels beastly. I always liked the C63 and almost got one. Actually almost got a C55 too. It is definitely a tq monster.

Old 05-04-2014, 06:51 AM
HyperDrive is just really niceHyperDrive is just really niceHyperDrive is just really niceHyperDrive is just really nice

Congratulations on your purchase. What are the main differences between the 507 and the C63 AMG Black Series?

Old 05-04-2014, 06:51 PM
Originally Posted by HyperDrive
Congratulations on your purchase. What are the main differences between the 507 and the C63 AMG Black Series?
The black series fenders are around 2-3" wider then the 507, the black series is 510hp vs 507. Im sure the BS has larger brakes and a few more race-like features. I do believe the Bs is also $40,000 + over mine

Old 05-04-2014, 06:52 PM
The change up yesterday

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Bm1OEjDIAAAR4b5.jpg large.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	89.7 KB
ID:	370524  
Old 05-04-2014, 07:19 PM
Oh man wish u woulda sold me your tail lights. Oh well.

Old 05-08-2014, 04:57 AM
Banned
2swoosh has a brilliant future2swoosh has a brilliant future2swoosh has a brilliant future2swoosh has a brilliant future2swoosh has a brilliant future2swoosh has a brilliant future2swoosh has a brilliant future2swoosh has a brilliant future2swoosh has a brilliant future2swoosh has a brilliant future2swoosh has a brilliant future
best bet OP is to buy an 09 or 2010 GT R that's already modded including the tranny fortification, reason? u can get them cheap and already done all you have to do is savor the joy of driving her without spending mogu $$ and be faster than the newer ones.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: What next..GTR, R8, Gallardo