SF 996TT Owner - Make some friends/lend a hand?

Old 05-08-2015, 03:51 PM
rickdeaconx is on a distinguished road
SF 996TT Owner - Make some friends/lend a hand?

Hey all,

I'm new to the Porsche world (have had the 996 for a year) and have done some work to it, met up with a lot of owners at C&Cs around, and kept up with the scene in the Bay for awhile.

I'm hoping to expand my horizons a bit on both the people and Porsche front.
I'm at 65k tuned miles on the car and I think it's about time to replace the plugs and do another oil change.

As you know, SF is not the most car friendly place and shops are outrageous so I'd like to connect with some local owners who want to lend a garage for a day and wrench on the car with me. I'd be happy to buy the pizza/beer and hopefully the outcome is some new friends as well.

If you've seen my car, I live in Potrero - it's matte black(wrapped) with black wheels, black interior. Pretty loud.

Anyone feeling like scheduling a day to hangout some weekend? SF preferred but I'll go somewhere else. Beggars can't be choosers.

Old 05-08-2015, 06:53 PM
sac911turbo is on a distinguished road
I'd me more then happy to lend some muscle, as long as you tell me what to do!
Not much brain i could lend to this project as I don't work on my own car. Not against it, just don't have the trust in myself!

Old 05-09-2015, 12:00 AM
rickdeaconx is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by sac911turbo
I'd me more then happy to lend some muscle, as long as you tell me what to do!
Not much brain i could lend to this project as I don't work on my own car. Not against it, just don't have the trust in myself!
Awesome, let's hope someone has a garage to spare and we can get a time down.

Old 05-21-2015, 03:41 PM
dbTarga996 is on a distinguished road
Rick, theres a garage here in San Jose called Pit Row. Its a do it yourself with all the tools you'll need and lifts. Lift cost is $30 an hour or so and tool cost is $2. Maybe get a few cars together to spend a few hours just working on any diy items including your spark plugs.

Old 05-24-2015, 02:37 PM
JT9114S is a name known to allJT9114S is a name known to allJT9114S is a name known to allJT9114S is a name known to allJT9114S is a name known to allJT9114S is a name known to all
Everything in San Francisco is more $$$ because property values are higher. If you want a good reputable Porsche shop Checkout Hi-Tec Automotive 779 Andersen Dr in San Rafael there's Also S-Car-Go in San Rafael on 553 Irwin St. Also you might checkout Marin County Cars & Coffee we have a pretty good number of Porsche Owners that attend.

Old 06-04-2015, 08:43 AM
Road King Is a GOD !Road King Is a GOD !Road King Is a GOD !Road King Is a GOD !Road King Is a GOD !Road King Is a GOD !Road King Is a GOD !Road King Is a GOD !Road King Is a GOD !Road King Is a GOD !Road King Is a GOD !
rickdeaconx, I just sent you a PM. I'm nearby and would def. like to help out, but timing is bad to due to birth of our 2nd child this week. I hope to get my car out for a spin sometime in mid June, shoot me a text and we can synch up.