Best scenic/winding roads within 100 miles of SF?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-28-2016, 09:19 AM
Mendossa is on a distinguished road
Cool Best scenic/winding roads within 100 miles of SF?

Hi!

I'll be visiting SF soon on business and have an item I want a check off my bucket list: driving on scenic/winding California roads! So I'm trying to figure out what are the best scenic/winding roads within 100 miles of SF.

I'll have a Boxster for a day and have 200 miles to "invest". Do you have suggestions for me? I'm looking for a mix of a) coast, cliffs and b) mountains, forests.

So far Highway 1 north of SF seems like a good bet. I'm wondering about going south towards Santa Cruz. Trying to figure out a nice itinerary that doesn't have me double back on the same path to come back downtown.

Any input greatly appreciated!

Old 02-28-2016, 04:11 PM
dassArse is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Mendossa
Hi!

I'll be visiting SF soon on business and have an item I want a check off my bucket list: driving on scenic/winding California roads! So I'm trying to figure out what are the best scenic/winding roads within 100 miles of SF.

I'll have a Boxster for a day and have 200 miles to "invest". Do you have suggestions for me? I'm looking for a mix of a) coast, cliffs and b) mountains, forests.

So far Highway 1 north of SF seems like a good bet. I'm wondering about going south towards Santa Cruz. Trying to figure out a nice itinerary that doesn't have me double back on the same path to come back downtown.

Any input greatly appreciated!
Heard you gotta go south Monterey and Carmel and do the 11 mile road

Old 02-29-2016, 02:10 PM
sfhondapilot Is a GOD !sfhondapilot Is a GOD !sfhondapilot Is a GOD !sfhondapilot Is a GOD !sfhondapilot Is a GOD !sfhondapilot Is a GOD !sfhondapilot Is a GOD !sfhondapilot Is a GOD !sfhondapilot Is a GOD !sfhondapilot Is a GOD !sfhondapilot Is a GOD !
280 south
92 west
35 south
9 south
1 north

Stop at Barbara's fish trap for dinner (barbarasfishtrap.com)

Old 02-29-2016, 04:44 PM
EZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud of
Having driven about everything in the area you have many good choices. Though I live in the beautiful gold country and foothills of the Sierra Nevada's I still think the best drive is north of San Francisco accross the Golden Gate Bridge then on north to Mendocino. Amazing coast line and lots of fun curvy roads.

Old 03-01-2016, 12:20 AM
djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by sfhondapilot
280 south
92 west
35 south
9 south
1 north

Stop at Barbara's fish trap for dinner (barbarasfishtrap.com)
This. Stop by ritz in half moon bay for a nice walk on the ocean front property

Old 03-05-2016, 12:13 PM
Mendossa is on a distinguished road
Thanks for all the suggestions!

I had planned to go north for a loop of Muir woods and then go back down the coast on the 1 and then drive part of the 84 & 35... but now the weather is definitely not cooperating... a convertible in strong winds and downpour isn't really fund so I cancelled my rental

*crossing fingers for next weekend*