Recommend Dyno Shop?

Old 11-07-2009, 11:53 PM
michaeldorian will become famous soon enoughmichaeldorian will become famous soon enough
Recommend Dyno Shop?

Do you guys and gals know of any good DYNO shops available in Seattle/Redmond/Bellevue area?

I'm looking to get some parts tested and wanted to run stock versus upgrades.

Any recommendations would be appreciated! Thanks!

Old 11-08-2009, 09:07 AM
atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !
I'd say try Carb Connection in Kirkland.

Old 11-08-2009, 11:48 AM
jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !
Max RPM Bremerton

Old 11-08-2009, 03:46 PM
rutiger is on a distinguished road
i have always used carb conn and found it was ok. although a few weeks ago both of my cars put down very odd numbers so now i'm a bit concerned with that dyno.

Old 11-09-2009, 02:16 PM
Hanahawaiian is on a distinguished road
what kind Dyno machine u want to read..

Dynojet is read high numbers, Mustang Dyno is read more accurates..

I know few shop have AWD dyno.. it can dyno RWD or FWD or AWD on AWD Dyno..

Drift Office in Auburn have AWD Dyno jet... hmmm i know few shop have.. KITO Auto sport have Mustang Dyno AWD in seattle...

Old 11-09-2009, 03:20 PM
CrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond repute
^^ It really doesn't matter what kind of dyno you use so long as you consistently use the same one to compare the gains on the mods. If you are going to do baseline, then installed mods in the same day same dyno, it really doesn't matter which dyno you use because you will still accurately know how much power is added by the mod compared to stock.

Old 11-09-2009, 05:38 PM
rutiger is on a distinguished road
at carb conn my z06 was 25 lower than a mustang i dynoed on in july. and my is f did .2 (yes, .2) higher than last time at carb conn after installing a cai and new exhaust.

Old 11-10-2009, 01:16 PM
michaeldorian will become famous soon enoughmichaeldorian will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by CrazyRuskie
^^ It really doesn't matter what kind of dyno you use so long as you consistently use the same one to compare the gains on the mods. If you are going to do baseline, then installed mods in the same day same dyno, it really doesn't matter which dyno you use because you will still accurately know how much power is added by the mod compared to stock.
This is exactly what I plan on doing. I'll give Carb Conn a try and go from there.

Old 11-11-2009, 01:18 AM
gigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond repute
Never tried Carb Connection but I recommend Dyno Authority/FAME in Redmond as well.

Old 11-11-2009, 03:46 PM
Sl33p3rS4 is on a distinguished road
I have to say I've been very dissatisfied with Carb Conn in the past, and several friends that have used them for simple dyno pulls, or even tuning have said the same. Their numbers seem to be very inconsistent, and I've watched them strap cars down improperly which resulted in the car jumping a bit on the dyno.

With that said, I highly recommend Horsepower Ranch in Maple Valley. John is an excellent tuner, and runs a great shop. He also uses a Mustang Dyno which is the most accurate for numbers, and his setup for airflow and making sure the SAE numbers are accurate is rather impressive.

I've used him twice, once for a dyno day a while back and just yesterday I used him for a fresh tune on my Cobra.

He was able to extract an additional 10whp/30wtq from my car when it already had a dyno tune on it from another shop. He also cleaned up the midrange quite a bit and it runs a lot better now.

Also, I assume you're planning on running the E92. John is/was a board sponsor on M5Board, as he had a highly modded E39 M5 for quite a while, and his son has a built E36 that he drag races.

Old 11-16-2009, 03:41 PM
Thanks everyone for chiming in. I ended up going with KITO Auto Sport in Seattle over Carb Connection. The price difference was so drastic that it was a no brainer.

I highly recommend them. They were complete and very helpful. They tested each individual mod as I requested and did it on-time for an excellent price.

Very friendly and personable shop.

Old 11-18-2009, 01:52 PM
baloney is on a distinguished road
michaeldorian did you dyno the m3 or the pepper? or the mini?

curious about the numbers you posted... and the cost to run a baseline dyno on the cayenne at KITO. i'm wondering if i'm feeling the full power of the engine, and a dyno would verify that.

Old 11-18-2009, 09:03 PM
Originally Posted by baloney
michaeldorian did you dyno the m3 or the pepper? or the mini?

curious about the numbers you posted... and the cost to run a baseline dyno on the cayenne at KITO. i'm wondering if i'm feeling the full power of the engine, and a dyno would verify that.
I did the M3. My car posted 319 to the wheels stock, and 323 with a BMW Filter update. They use a Mustang dyno which tends to post lower numbers then a Dynojet dyno.

It doesn't matter what number you post as long as you tune and test on the same machine / place. All you really care about is the difference.

KITO ran 3 runs stock and 3 runs right after the filter install.

They charge ~100/hr for dyno tuning.

If all you plan to do is get a baseline for the Cayenne, it shouldn't take more then 30 minutes. They are really fast and smooth about the whole thing.

Old 11-18-2009, 11:17 PM
baloney is on a distinguished road
hmm... thought i posted a reply, but said i wasn't logged in.

thanks for the numbers and all of the helpful info.

glad to hear they are using a mustang dyno... not sure if it's true but i've heard of inconsistencies with the dynojets.

i was curious about your numbers for either the m3 or the pepper actually. the pepper since you also have an '05... turbo? that i could get a gauge on to compare to mine. and the m3 out of curiosity.

100/hr sounds great. thanks for the time estimate on the baseline. gives me a ballpark idea of what to expect.

regarding the m3, what mods are you planning?

how has it been compared to e46 thus far?

Old 11-20-2009, 07:56 PM
Originally Posted by baloney
hmm... thought i posted a reply, but said i wasn't logged in.

thanks for the numbers and all of the helpful info.

glad to hear they are using a mustang dyno... not sure if it's true but i've heard of inconsistencies with the dynojets.

i was curious about your numbers for either the m3 or the pepper actually. the pepper since you also have an '05... turbo? that i could get a gauge on to compare to mine. and the m3 out of curiosity.

100/hr sounds great. thanks for the time estimate on the baseline. gives me a ballpark idea of what to expect.

regarding the m3, what mods are you planning?

how has it been compared to e46 thus far?
No worries. The mini is the beater car, so its stock with no accurate numbers.

The M3 is a great car. The only 3 main issues I have with it is. A. Needs a but more grunt down low as a DD car. B. The 6MT could use a bit of grease. It could definitely be smoother. I think the car is better mated to DCT. C. It's really difficult to enjoy below 7th/10th. It's amazing when you take pass this though. It really comes alive.

Now between the E46 M3 and this, I prefer the E46. The mods are plentiful and the car feels nimbler and "faster". It's a smaller car. Slower yes, but more fun.

The E92 has really grown into a solid performing GT car. The E46 M3 to me, as the right balance of sport and GT.

I plan to stay N/A and take the lightweight route instead of the all out power route. Hoping to lose around 150 LBS and add 50 hp/Tq.

Current Mods:
- BMW Air Filter
- M3 CSL Bucket Seats with OEM rails
- RAC RG63 Wheels
- BMW Performance Steering Wheel
- Technocraft ENVY Carbon Intake

Future mods:
- Moton Street Sports or RD Sport Chassis Kit (Spring + Custom Valved Bilsteins)
- Akrapovic Full System or Fabspeed X Pipe, HFC's and Exhaust
- Powerchip Stage II Tune
- Rogue SSK
- Amuse Ericsson Rear Bumper
- Rogue Pulley

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Recommend Dyno Shop?