New to Portland

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-29-2014, 07:11 AM
Etchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond repute
New to Portland

Just moved up here from the SF Bay Area and trying to figure out the scene, get into a racing club, and find a few good Indys for the general maint and race prep. Also anyone rent trucks and trailers? I'm still in the CFRA race club in SF so will finish out the season with them. Plan in driving down on Sept 20th for a race on the 21st at Sears Point. sept prob fine over the pass, but Oct/Nov could get challenging I'm told!

Previous car was a 6TT and now driving a DE prepped 7.1GT3

Drop me a line if you are local or have ideas on points above- thanks!

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-4198304336.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	406.2 KB
ID:	400346   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2330520680.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	469.8 KB
ID:	400347  
Old 03-25-2015, 12:27 AM
Carbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond repute
Doesn't seem too populated around here, does it? Anyhow welcome to the neighborhood from a fellow 996TT owner.

Old 03-26-2015, 07:58 AM
Etchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks Carbon,
Found a great shop (Rothsport), bought a new trailer, joined the local PCA, and am prepping the trailer/car now for a trip to ThunderHill on Sat. Looks like our TTs are twins... Still miss mine.

Old 03-29-2015, 12:58 PM
bongnation is a glorious beacon of lightbongnation is a glorious beacon of lightbongnation is a glorious beacon of lightbongnation is a glorious beacon of lightbongnation is a glorious beacon of lightbongnation is a glorious beacon of light
Welcome to the PNW, I just moved to the Seattle area a week ago from SoCal. I'm sure lll see you around!

Old 09-10-2016, 11:27 PM
Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !
Wow what are the chances? I just moved recently from San Jose to the Portland area. Where you located now? I'm in Lake Oswego. We'll have to get together and drive sometime. If you feel the need to reminisce about your 996tt we can go on a drive together and trade cars 😉

Old 09-11-2016, 07:59 AM
What's up NorCal! Welcome to the PNW- I forgot what you were considering buying from me a few years ago- wheels or exhaust? Good to see the turbo is still running and in the stable, from your signature the Eclipse passed however!

My GT3 is a good Sunday cruiser, but haven't tracked it since picking up the Radical- totally different experience!

I'm about 15 miles away on the NW side CedarHills. Look forward to connecting.

Old 09-12-2016, 12:46 AM
Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !
Good to hear back from you. Looks like you aren't too far away from me. Been awhile since we did all those fun 6tt group drives through the Santa Cruz mountains. I do remember coming to your old place in San Jose to check out the miltek exhaust you had. I was so close to pulling the trigger but ultimately decided to get the Europipe exhaust that I really had my heart set on. Still got my EP1 and doubt I'll ever change. There doesn't seem to be quite as many cool car events up here but if you know of some and ever go let me know. Keep in touch and looking forward to meeting up for a drive sometime

Old 03-03-2017, 04:16 PM
amg e55 is on a distinguished road
Great to finally meet you M (Etchhead)! What a beast of a 996 you have. I look forward to your feedback on track as you dial the suspension in.

NorCal, have you joined ORPCA (Oregon Porsche Club)? Fantastic group of people! Lots of gorgeous and quick Porsche's in the group. The A&D's(Arrive and Drives) are a leisurely but spirited Saturday drive and lunch. A good time to stretch the Porsche legs.

-Jeremy

Old 03-03-2017, 07:27 PM
r11rs will become famous soon enough
Be careful cops in Portland and OR in general love to give tickets - especially to Californians . Closest place to play is PIR (Portland International raceway)

Old 03-03-2017, 08:42 PM
Jeremy- so glad to meet you and get time at your shop (Matrix). I'm happy to be back into a sorted 996tt but needed some expertise to get her completely rejuvenated.

Old 03-03-2017, 10:45 PM
Ackmann is on a distinguished road
Ok here is a quick summary:
ORPCA solid club and active at PIR track
Cascde Sports Car Club is a solid local track and racing series. Good people, good price and offer lots of HPDE classes and tracktime.
Portland Cars and Coffee at the World of Speed Museum is the largest C&C event. Every Saturday and lots of turnout during good weather months.
The NW Hill Climb Assoc has a good program and a chance for you to rip your car up some awesome roads for a time attack.
Willamette Motor Club is a good autocross group as well as what the ORPCA does.
Cars and Coffee Society is my event. We meet on The 3rd Sunday in Salem May through Sept.
The Festival of Speed is a good event in Bend/Sunriver
Want high speed check out the Oregon Air Attack for a highspeed run down the McMinnville Airstrip.

Hope that helps, there is plenty of other things but our weather windows tend to make all the good stuff May-October.
Cheers-Ackmann Garage

Last edited by Ackmann; 03-03-2017 at 10:49 PM.
Old 03-06-2017, 12:01 PM
More seat time and making small adjustments one by one (and keeping meticulous logs of those vehicle adjustments) will help Mark.

Originally Posted by Ackmann
Cascde Sports Car Club is a solid local track and racing series. Good people, good price and offer lots of HPDE classes and tracktime.
Portland Cars and Coffee at the World of Speed Museum is the largest C&C event. Every Saturday and lots of turnout during good weather months.
The NW Hill Climb Assoc has a good program and a chance for you to rip your car up some awesome roads for a time attack.
Cars and Coffee Society is my event. We meet on The 3rd Sunday in Salem May through Sept.
Want high speed check out the Oregon Air Attack for a highspeed run down the McMinnville Airstrip.

Hope that helps, there is plenty of other things but our weather windows tend to make all the good stuff May-October.
Cheers-Ackmann Garage
A good list Ackmann. ORP in Grass Valley OR and The Ridge in Shelton WA are both excellent tracks too.

Old 03-08-2017, 05:35 PM
Originally Posted by amg e55
Great to finally meet you M (Etchhead)! What a beast of a 996 you have. I look forward to your feedback on track as you dial the suspension in.

NorCal, have you joined ORPCA (Oregon Porsche Club)? Fantastic group of people! Lots of gorgeous and quick Porsche's in the group. The A&D's(Arrive and Drives) are a leisurely but spirited Saturday drive and lunch. A good time to stretch the Porsche legs.

-Jeremy

Hey Jeremy, thanks for the note. I have transferred my membership from the Golden Gate PCA region to the ORPCA region. I am planning on going to the new member event this Sunday to meet some club people and get an idea of all the different events but now I seem to have some of that and more!

Eric

Old 03-08-2017, 05:39 PM
Originally Posted by Ackmann

Cheers-Ackmann Garage

Wow this is an awesome list of events. I'll have to hit up a few of these. Always looking for an excuse to visit Bend so I'll have to look into the festival of speed.

Old 03-08-2017, 06:50 PM
Originally Posted by Nor Cal Turbo
Hey Jeremy, thanks for the note. I have transferred my membership from the Golden Gate PCA region to the ORPCA region. I am planning on going to the new member event this Sunday to meet some club people and get an idea of all the different events but now I seem to have some of that and more!

Eric
Certainly Eric. Unfortunately I'm unable to attend on Sunday due to a family birthday party, but my brother Justin will be there in our yellow 997S w/ factory aero kit(GT3 look alike). He'll be on the lookout to meet you. I look forward to meeting you at another event.

Another great event in the NW is the Maryhill Loops hill climb. Often some specialty car owners rent it out and have the day all to themselves!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New to Portland