Gas in Oregon?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-09-2016, 11:11 PM
HoffR1 is on a distinguished road
Gas in Oregon?

So my company is transferring me to the project we have in Salem, OR. And when I start trying to get things rolling, I discover this reprehensible law banning me from fueling my own vehicles. Anyone on the area have any advice/suggestions on gas stations where they won't damage a nice car through careless or inattentive handling? I already expect I'll be watching like a hawk while some stranger fuels my car or motorcycle.

Old 09-28-2016, 06:39 PM
machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !
I think that's a silly law! I always forget in Oregon and jump out to pump my own gas! Not sure what the point of it is!

Old 10-11-2016, 12:37 PM
Dalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to behold
most of the gas stations let me fuel up myself when they see the Aston Martin. Just be nice and explain to them that you'd rather do it yourself, it generally works.

Old 03-02-2017, 05:10 PM
amg e55 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by HoffR1
So my company is transferring me to the project we have in Salem, OR. And when I start trying to get things rolling, I discover this reprehensible law banning me from fueling my own vehicles. Anyone on the area have any advice/suggestions on gas stations where they won't damage a nice car through careless or inattentive handling? I already expect I'll be watching like a hawk while some stranger fuels my car or motorcycle.
I don't think Oregon still(at this time) has any fuel quality standards or any state agency checking fuel quality at stations, so it's highly recommended to stick with a Chevron or Shell 91/92oct premium. Watch out for the grocery store/warehouse clubs as of late, their fuel seems to be causing some cylinder misfires/flashing CEL's. Must be their additive package they're adding in.

We also have min 10% ethanol in fuel now. To bypass that, look here for non-ethanol stations; www.pure-gas.org

Hope that helps a bit.