**Don Nguyen | Vinyl roof wrapping, tail light tinting, black out chrome trim**

Old 09-07-2014, 04:06 PM
Former Vendor
Don Nguyen is on a distinguished road
The owner of this brand new black Porsche Cayenne Hybrid had me vinyl wrap the chrome window trim/surround on his car with my gloss black vinyl material. We went with the gloss black to match the B pillars of his car, which were also already gloss black from the factory. It really changed the look of the car, especially with the tinted windows and black wheels that he had. The owner of this car was also in Orange County.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com

Old 09-11-2014, 10:07 PM
Former Vendor
Here are some pictures of a Nissan R35 GTR coupe's roof that I vinyl wrapped a long time ago. The owner of this car had me vinyl wrap the roof of his car in the 3M dinoc matte carbon fiber finish. In addition to his roof, I also wrapped the top portion of his spoiler in the same finish and material.

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com

Old 09-13-2014, 07:49 PM
Former Vendor
The owner of this dark blue Subaru WRX hatchback wanted me to red out his tail lights, to make it not so white/clear. So what I did for him was use my clear red vinyl film and applied it over his rear tail lights. He wanted me to cut out the reverse light and turn signal portions so that they would show through their original colors still. However, I took in progress pictures to show you guys how it would have looked like if they weren't cut out, so you can compare and contrast which style/look you'd prefer more.

Before:

In progress/during

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com

Old 09-15-2014, 11:13 PM
Former Vendor
I thought the car looked awesome before, and the black roof really sets it off just ties in with the car very nicely. The owner of this Mars Red Mercedes Benz C63 had me vinyl wrap the roof of his car my gloss black finish vinyl material. The owner of this car was from San Diego. I know most of the cars that I do are white cars, but this just goes to show that the black roof looks good on other colored cars as well. The only other thing I would have done to this car would have been to black out the chrome/brushed aluminum window trim.

Had some people ask for some indoor shots and outdoor shots for comparison, so here they are.

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com

Old 09-19-2014, 12:23 PM
Former Vendor
Here are some pictures of a white Porsche 997 GT3 coupe that I wrapped the roof with the 3M dinoc matte carbon fiber finish. I also did the top/bottom of the rear spoiler element flap as well, using the same material/finish. The car was brand new, and less than 24 hours old. I think just doing just something simple as the roof and rear spoiler changed the look of the car quite a bit.

-Don Nguyen

Donathon@gmail.com

Old 09-21-2014, 11:19 AM
Former Vendor
It's not often that I get a car that's not either black or white coming in to get some vinyl work done. However, the owner of this metallic red BMW E92 328 (or 335) coupe decided to bring their car in and have me vinyl wrap the chrome / brushed aluminum trim that came on their car. For this car I decided that we should go with my gloss black vinyl over the matte black, and I think it turned out great. As you can see, the black window trim can drastically change the look of any car and color. It's a fairly simple change/mod, but it goes a long way. The owner of this car brought their car to me from Los Angeles county area out to me in Orange County / Anaheim Hills.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com

Old 09-23-2014, 02:05 PM
Former Vendor
This is one of the cars that I did some vinyl work on when I was up in norcal / Bay Area for vinyl wrapping. The owner of this car had me black out the chrome / aluminum window trim on his black E65 wagon. In addition to that, I also tinted his tail lights with my smoke film. Instead of tinting the entire tail light, I cut out the clear portion of the tail lights so that only the red is tinted / smoked. At first I wasn't sure how it'd look, but the contrast it ends up creating is pretty nice and I must say I like it. We also went with the matte black over the gloss black for the window trim, to provide some contrast to the gloss black paint and allow the trim pieces to still accent the car.

Before:

Driver (left) side stock - Passenger (right) side tinted / smoked before clear portion was trimmed out:

After:

Tinted / smoked tail lights WITH clear portion trimmed out now:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com

Old 09-23-2014, 10:10 PM
Former Vendor
This is one of the cars that I did some vinyl work on when I was up in norcal / Bay Area for vinyl wrapping. The owner of this car had me black out the chrome / aluminum window trim on his black E65 wagon. In addition to that, I also tinted his tail lights with my smoke film. Instead of tinting the entire tail light, I cut out the clear portion of the tail lights so that only the red is tinted / smoked. At first I wasn't sure how it'd look, but the contrast it ends up creating is pretty nice and I must say I like it. We also went with the matte black over the gloss black for the window trim, to provide some contrast to the gloss black paint and allow the trim pieces to still accent the car.

Before:

Driver (left) side stock - Passenger (right) side tinted / smoked before clear portion was trimmed out:

After:

Tinted / smoked tail lights WITH clear portion trimmed out now:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com

Old 09-25-2014, 09:28 PM
Former Vendor
This is one of the few new BMW F30 silver 328i sedan that I have wrapped with the 3M Di-noc matte carbon fiber finish recently. As you can see, the finish/look of the cf vinyl roof changes depending on the angle that you are looking at it and how the light reflects off of it. The matte carbon roof complimented the darker colored wheels that were on the car fairly well. The pictures don't do it much justice, since I was mainly focusing on capturing an accurate portrayal of the roof vs the finish of the wheels. The owner of this car drove out to me in Anaheim Hills/Orange County to have his roof wrapped.

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com

Old 09-27-2014, 12:52 PM
Former Vendor
I really believe that blacking out the chrome/brushed aluminum on bigger bodied cars, such as this black Mercedes Benz S550 makes a huge difference and changes the look of the car completely. For this S550, I blacked out the chrome around the windows, the lower chrome bars on the bottom of the doors and the rear back chrome trunk bar piece with my gloss black vinyl material. I believe the owner of this car was from either Los Angeles or San Diego and drove out to me in Orange county/Anaheim Hills to have the work done. We went with the gloss black finish to match the finish on his already gloss black powder coated wheels.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com

Old 09-29-2014, 06:47 PM
Former Vendor
The owner of this Silver BMW E39 540i sedan had me vinyl wrap the roof of his car in my gloss black vinyl material. I think the gloss black roof gives older cars a newer updated look. Especially if you have had your car for a while now, a gloss black roof changes the look of the car quite a bit, for a relatively simple/easy change to the car. The owner of this car came out to me in Anaheim Hills/Orange County to get the vinyl work done.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com

Old 10-02-2014, 01:43 PM
Former Vendor
For this white Mercedes Benz GL550, I blacked out the chrome/brushed aluminum window trim in my matte black vinyl material. In addition to the window trim pieces, I also did the chrome on the grill area, lightly smoke/tint the head lights, blacked out the chrome on the top of the door handles, and blacked out the chrome on the door moulding pieces. The owner of this car was from Newport Beach and came out to me in Anaheim Hills/Orange County to have the vinyl work done.

Before:

Before:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com

Old 10-04-2014, 10:54 AM
Former Vendor
The owner of this grey BMW F06 650i gran coupe had me wrap the roof of his car in my gloss black vinyl material. We went with the gloss black vinyl material to try and match the already large glass roof that is on the car, to complete the all black roof look. In addition to the roof, I did the rear roof spoiler on the car, chrome fender side grills and chrome door handle trim pieces in the matching gloss black vinyl materials. The owner of this car was in Yorba Linda and actually just down the street from my shop in Anaheim Hills/Orange County.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com

Old 10-07-2014, 02:15 PM
Former Vendor
The owner of this new white Audi A6 had me black out the chrome/brushed aluminum window trim on the car in my gloss black vinyl material. I think the gloss black finish went fairly well with the car and changed the look of the car completely, even for such for it being a relatively simple and small piece. He drove out to me in Anaheim Hills/Orange County to have the vinyl work done.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com

Old 10-14-2014, 01:58 PM
Former Vendor
The owner of this black BMW E60 550i sedan brought me his car because he was having issues with his factory original paint fading. I went over with him and options that were available for his car, and we decided on going with my gloss black vinyl to give him back that factory finish look. Although minor pits and such still showed through the material, overall, I think the results and pictures speak for themselves. It was a huge improvement over what the owner was dealing with before, as far as the condition of his roof was concerned. The owner of this car was also in Orange County and brought his car to me in Anaheim Hills to have the work done.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: **Don Nguyen | Vinyl roof wrapping, tail light tinting, black out chrome trim**