Other Japanese Supercars Toyota Supra, Honda NSX, Mazda RX-7 etc.

The Resurrection Z

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-22-2015, 11:45 AM
Banned
Chariotz is on a distinguished road
Red face The Resurrection Z

Hey guys, let me introduce myself: My name is Bethany and i am one of the managers over here at Chariotz Inc. I currently own a 1990 (produced in 1989) Nissan 300ZX Z32 Twin Turbo. It is the rare TH1 Dark Blue factory paint.

Here's my story:

So I used to have a red 1991 300ZX Twin Turbo. nicknamed Serenity.
A couple years ago I moved from New York to California and took my 300ZX with me.
I took her up to the Southern California canyons such as GMR, Muholland drive, Carbon Canyon, and even to San Diego extremely long canyon run during the Z CON event last year.
I had a blast with this car!

Well about 6 months ago, I was driving on the freeway, sitting in heavy traffic and was stopped for about 20 seconds..... then BAM!!!!
A lady was texting and driving, wasn't paying attention and rear ended me. It had totaled my poor Z.... The worst part is, I had cheap insurance and the lady who hit me had NO insurance....
I tried everything I could to sue her but my lawyer said she fled to Mexico to avoid me...

2 months went by and I was very close to giving up all hope.....

Then I received a call from a friend that there was a rare blue TH1 Z32 for sale just sitting in someones driveway!

I bought it that same day <3

It was an NA chassis, but I was determined to put my Twin Turbo engine in there. And that's exactly what I did!

It's been a long 6 month process, but I finally got another running Z and I guess you can say it was a blessing is disguise, because I've always wanted a blue one! hehehe

I know she's not a supercar in anyones eyes.... but to me she is. Her heart still lives on, in another chassis. We literally just got her running 3 days ago. I'm pretty excited to take her to the canyons again and cruise just like old times

Here's some pics of before and after:

If you want to see some more pictures of the process, you can also view my Chariotz profile here: http://www.chariotz.com/prodetail/Bethany

Name:  Bethany_Z32serenity_zpsasmsze5l.jpg
Views: 76
Size:  140.0 KB
Name:  Bethany_Z32serenity4_zpsu5wauczy.jpg
Views: 103
Size:  105.8 KB
Name:  Bethany_Z32project_zpsfe3ordo7.jpg
Views: 109
Size:  122.8 KB
Name:  Bethany_6speedforum_zpsipshel62.jpg
Views: 103
Size:  113.9 KB

There are still some more kinks to work out, such as the wiring for the fuel system, etc. Pretty much nothing on it is stock anymore. Nobody expects to see a Twin Turbo engine in a NA chassis. haha.

We just put in a brand new Exedy Stage 2 custom built clutch with a heavy duty pressure plate. I drove her this morning and WOW she launches!!!

I also plan on modifying it even more. (Nismo 555cc injectors coming soon).

What do you guys think?

Bethany Putney
IG @letty300zx
Chariotz Inc.
Car Enthusiasts check us out!
Facebook: Chariotzinc
Instagram: Chariotzinc
Twitter: ChariotzINC
Download our FREE app in the iTunes store here

Email: Info@chariotz.com

Old 05-15-2015, 02:47 PM
CoreyC2S is just really niceCoreyC2S is just really niceCoreyC2S is just really niceCoreyC2S is just really niceCoreyC2S is just really nice
Looks like a definite project, but a good place to start! That purple engine bay needs to go, lol

Old 07-28-2015, 05:45 AM
cherplex will become famous soon enough
I also have a Z32. 94 Ultra Red Slicktop. I'm doing a 2jzvvti/6spd Getrag swap in mine in a few months.