Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

*sigh* I though the Panamera was coming out by September

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-25-2007, 12:02 PM
Finality is infamous around these partsFinality is infamous around these parts
*sigh* I though the Panamera was coming out by September

I was talking with my service advisor after picking the Cayenne up after another issue. She told me the Panamera was coming out in 2 years time I thought she was wrong but I started reading up the press articles and it turns out she was right....

I was so looking forward to a new DD I have a real beater now (95 Maxima) which I was clinging onto because I thought the Panamera was coming out soon.

Any suggestions for a DD? Looking for something with a msrp of $40K...? I saw the A4, the local specs are terrible no nav, no awd just a 2.0L Turbo engine. Not too big a fan of BMWs but I might look into it, other than that that leaves me with the C class and what else?

Old 12-25-2007, 12:43 PM
DeAd-EyE is on a distinguished road
go japanese. STI? Lancer evolution MR? skyline? if your in dubai..def import a skyline, unless your looking for something more comfy rather than ***** out performance.

Old 12-25-2007, 11:26 PM
Originally Posted by DeAd-EyE
go japanese. STI? Lancer evolution MR? skyline? if your in dubai..def import a skyline, unless your looking for something more comfy rather than ***** out performance.
Definitely something comfortable not ***** out scary GTRs are fun but not what I'm looking for.

Old 01-07-2008, 03:13 PM
CaymanSJF is on a distinguished road
335xi rocks as a dd. I too am looking forward to the Panamera. If MB can get 200K for one of their `performance' sleds, the Panamera should be a hot commodity

Old 01-07-2008, 07:25 PM
flash80 is on a distinguished road
Infiniti's are definitely nice for the money. The G37 is quick. Or, you could get a BMW 135i and chip it...close to 400 hp in a tiny ride like that would be sweet!

Old 01-11-2008, 01:01 PM
.:Raul is a splendid one to behold.:Raul is a splendid one to behold.:Raul is a splendid one to behold.:Raul is a splendid one to behold.:Raul is a splendid one to behold.:Raul is a splendid one to behold.:Raul is a splendid one to behold
I would go G37 for that price range

Old 01-11-2008, 06:45 PM
M/A/D is on a distinguished road
go old school and grab a 560SEC, save some cash for that upcoming panamera...

Old 01-17-2008, 06:51 PM
Boxzing is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Finality
I was talking with my service advisor after picking the Cayenne up after another issue. She told me the Panamera was coming out in 2 years time I thought she was wrong but I started reading up the press articles and it turns out she was right....

I was so looking forward to a new DD I have a real beater now (95 Maxima) which I was clinging onto because I thought the Panamera was coming out soon.

Any suggestions for a DD? Looking for something with a msrp of $40K...? I saw the A4, the local specs are terrible no nav, no awd just a 2.0L Turbo engine. Not too big a fan of BMWs but I might look into it, other than that that leaves me with the C class and what else?

If you are planning to get the Panamera in a couple years, why get a $40k DD now, unless of course you have the money

Old 01-18-2008, 12:37 AM
mishref will become famous soon enough
Dubai's resale market is ridiculous .. You can probably pick up a used S8 for 40k and not take a hit on the resale.

Old 01-18-2008, 07:17 AM
Originally Posted by Boxzing
If you are planning to get the Panamera in a couple years, why get a $40k DD now, unless of course you have the money
I have a really crap DD right now its about 14 years old. I use it as a "I'm poor" car Useful for when I meet clients. No need to hide that anymore so I am looking at a decent DD.

mishref: I'm looking at a CLS right now but I have my doubts about it. I'll look into the S8 though I doubt its that good

Old 03-16-2008, 11:12 AM
Wanted to update you guys. I ordered a G35 sedan should be in the garage this time next week. Came to about $40K fully loaded.

I looked at a 335i & Ci as well as a C350 but they where going for about $60-$67K basically the price of a new M3 in the states I didn't feel like getting ripped off so I'm happy I bought the G sedan.

Great touch screen nav and overall feel for the car. Its no Porsche but it'll get the job done for the next 18 months!

Old 04-11-2008, 11:23 PM
newport996 will become famous soon enoughnewport996 will become famous soon enough
Did you look at IS350 Lexus? Faster than the G35, more luxury and more options....

Old 04-12-2008, 03:36 AM
Originally Posted by newport996
Did you look at IS350 Lexus? Faster than the G35, more luxury and more options....
Err no the G35 is faster and sportier. As for options the G35 has everything even paddle shifters and one of the best nav systems under production - its even touch screen like the IS plus the G35 is high res. What options does the IS have that the G35 doesn't? Plus its not as claustraphobic as the IS. So that throws the entire luxury equation into a tailspin..... The only thing I would say is that the G35 leather is a bit cheap for a car in this category otherwise everything about it is fantastic.

Every review places the G35 either tied with the 335i or just behind it. If its ahead its because its a lot cheaper than the 335i. The IS falls way way down the list.

Besides I'll never buy a lexus I would have chosen the C350 over the IS but I wanted something sportier.

Old 04-12-2008, 09:21 AM
newport996 will become famous soon enoughnewport996 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Finality
Err no the G35 is faster and sportier. As for options the G35 has everything even paddle shifters and one of the best nav systems under production - its even touch screen like the IS plus the G35 is high res. What options does the IS have that the G35 doesn't? Plus its not as claustraphobic as the IS. So that throws the entire luxury equation into a tailspin..... The only thing I would say is that the G35 leather is a bit cheap for a car in this category otherwise everything about it is fantastic.

Every review places the G35 either tied with the 335i or just behind it. If its ahead its because its a lot cheaper than the 335i. The IS falls way way down the list.

Besides I'll never buy a lexus I would have chosen the C350 over the IS but I wanted something sportier.
http://www.roadandtrack.com/assets/d...d/02073car.pdf

This direct comparison shows the IS is faster than the G35 Sport. Its 0-60 and 1/4 mile times are actually faster than the 335 stock.....oh and th IS runs the slalom pad faster than the G35....not sure what the G35 does better...oh...more back seat room....thats about it.

The Infiniti is nice, but materials, build quality, and overall ride and feel of the car are superior in the Lexus..my sister has a G35 sedan...nice car, but for me the Lexus was a hands down winner.....

C350 isnt even CLOSE....drove them back to back.....

Here is a quote from the Road and track comparison...

"The Lexus blasted to 60 mph in 4.9 sec. and to the quarter-mile mark at a blistering 13.5, which bests even the more expensive V-8-powered Audi S4.“What a great engine. It’s silky-smooth, quiet, but really potent. It’s hard to believe that the Lexus and Infiniti have the same horsepower with roughly the same curb weight. The IS feels that much quicker,” Hall noted."

"What if our driving route consisted of more stretches of Interstate than twisting roads? The answer to these questions will be found on another day, but for now, the Lexus IS 350 is the king of the Japanese sports-sedan hill."

So I am not sure where you are getting faster, the IS CLEARLY is a faster car, and sportier, well the IS outhandles it...so not sure where you are getting faster and sportier...the key to the IS is the get the Sport package...makes a huge difference in handling.

Last edited by newport996; 04-12-2008 at 09:33 AM.
Old 04-12-2008, 12:05 PM
Sorry to burst your bubble but most real world production series cars have shown the IS to be slower than what Toyota claims. Edmunds actually clocked a street version @ 6.1 for the 0-60.

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...ticleId=116681
http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...ticleId=106607

Besides I didn't want a couch on wheels I wanted a decent sports sedan for a DD.

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...ticleId=123235

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: *sigh* I though the Panamera was coming out by September