Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Panamera vs. Rapide at The Ring

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-26-2008, 05:52 PM
Ispeed is on a distinguished road
How would ferrari do a 4 door...
German anything is all about function, but fashion wins out every time.
I think the looks will disappoint most, and that alone will kill the car.

Old 10-26-2008, 10:23 PM
Flyby is on a distinguished road
The Panamera is a complete let down as of right now, I hope Porsche pulls it together come production time.

Old 10-28-2008, 12:06 PM
aquapuss can only hope to improve
All Porsches after the iconic 911 have looked like total crap. That whole Porsche Design thing is an example of great marketing in light of their car designs.

Old 10-28-2008, 08:17 PM
OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !
I love them both so much already!!

Old 10-29-2008, 03:32 PM
jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !
that panamera is SOOOOOOOO FUGLY. i can't believe how disgusting that back end is... is it uglier than a GTR?? lol... maybe. It better outperform the AM in every way possible because that's all it's going to have going for it.

Old 11-27-2008, 08:40 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Comon guys, there arent many cars that can hold a candle to a AM, be it vantage, DBS, DB9 or this one.

I think the Panamera looks ok, but I wish that they had followed the sleek sedan like the AM, and not the station wagon look.

What is the MSRP? No one will buy many of these if it's too high. Should be at or under 100k for the base model uh?

Old 11-28-2008, 11:21 AM
Forza is on a distinguished road
Aston uses old, time approved design. Porsche made a totally new car and of course is under fire for now. It's impossible to understand the car from couple of pics. I heard Porsche interior is awesome. Both cars look resonable.

Old 11-29-2008, 10:52 PM
Banned
Neeeenja is a jewel in the roughNeeeenja is a jewel in the roughNeeeenja is a jewel in the rough
Aston 4 door now thats a a SEDAN.

Old 12-02-2008, 03:10 PM
Banned
1JDM996 has a spectacular aura about1JDM996 has a spectacular aura about1JDM996 has a spectacular aura about

i don't know, maybe it's just that one particular angle; otherwise, rapide ftw.

Old 12-03-2008, 10:47 AM
USCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to behold
We have always admired Porsche for placing function above form. Now we are criticising Porsche for doing just that. The design of the back end of the car is probably the best compromise for providing adequate leg room for the rear passengers as well as allowing space for luggage for four people. Otherwise, the car would have been way too long. Give it a chance. If it performs like they say it will (faster than a NA 911 and excellent handling) who cares?

Old 12-03-2008, 11:01 AM
Surfer is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by USCCayman
We have always admired Porsche for placing function above form. Now we are criticising Porsche for doing just that. The design of the back end of the car is probably the best compromise for providing adequate leg room for the rear passengers as well as allowing space for luggage for four people. Otherwise, the car would have been way too long. Give it a chance. If it performs like they say it will (faster than a NA 911 and excellent handling) who cares?
Yeh but why choose it for what it cost except for the "P-car badge" when there's something like the CTS-V who not only has wicked performance and handling, excellent interior, but also styling that says don't f@#$ with this. I just can't get over that profile and rear, Porsche used their signature hatch/curved rear but it looks so out of place on a sedan.

Old 12-03-2008, 11:21 AM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
This car is supposed to do 4.0 0-60 and mid 12's at 115 mph?

Or are we talking about a non S version?

Old 12-03-2008, 11:35 AM
Originally Posted by Surfer
Yeh but why choose it for what it cost except for the "P-car badge" when there's something like the CTS-V who not only has wicked performance and handling, excellent interior, but also styling that says don't f@#$ with this. I just can't get over that profile and rear, Porsche used their signature hatch/curved rear but it looks so out of place on a sedan.
I love the CTS-V, but these are not the same category. The Porsche is not a mid-size performance sports sedan. It's more along the lines of a 745, S-Class, Lexus LS.

But for 200k I would buy any of the above before the Porsche.

Old 12-24-2008, 01:19 PM
pigeon549 is on a distinguished road
There must have been some friendly competition that day, battle of the four doors! It is still a little early for the Panamera, but they really haven't made a whole new car, it's still obviously based heavily on the 911 design. Neither of them have really gone completely outside of the box, but it just happens that the box Aston is in is a really beautiful one.

Old 12-24-2008, 01:21 PM
cc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by pigeon549
there must have been some friendly competition that day, battle of the four doors! It is still a little early for the panamera, but they really haven't made a whole new car, it's still obviously based heavily on the 911 design. Neither of them have really gone completely outside of the box, but it just happens that the box aston is in is a really beautiful one.:d
ns. +1

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Panamera vs. Rapide at The Ring