Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Panamera,what's the point?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-10-2009, 03:57 AM
hugo will become famous soon enoughhugo will become famous soon enough
Panamera,what's the point?

Well,actually i mean what's the point with any "sports" saloon and/or suv?
to me they seem just a niche compromise that does not do well either job,meaning not a good(comfortable) saloon and definately not a sports car,same as sports suv's are no good off road and surely do not handle very sporty like...
As per my experience i have now reached the conclusion that cars "should stick" to their segments and do what they do best,a luxury car should be just that,suv should have off road orientation while sports car should focus on performance and handeling.
I have had in the past "sports"/performance saloons: bmw7alpina,lotus omega,3.6 brabus E,jag xjr,audi S6 and S8,last year before buying the S65 i realised that i couldn't stand it's suspension and it's lack of control under acceleration for a use as a DD and opted for the S500 which does the job perfectly.
As for sports suv's i have had 5 G55s,a cayenne turbo,JE range,hell i have even had 2 GMC Typhoons...
I think Porsche should focus on real sports Porsches and forget the Panamera and Cayenne

Old 02-10-2009, 10:17 AM
Dr J is on a distinguished road
Porsche sells more 4 seaters (i.e. Cayennes) than they do two seaters in the US.

Simple economics

Old 02-10-2009, 07:51 PM
cc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Dr J
Porsche sells more 4 seaters (i.e. Cayennes) than they do two seaters in the US.

Simple economics
I agree. They freaking bought Volkswagen with the money and smart business decisions.

On the other hand, I wish they would just do sports cars too, but who says that my wife's CTS is not a sports car? It might look odd, but I can stomp most all cars on the road. On road or off road. Worse than that, she loves the look of the Panamera. I will get one for that reason, even though I don't care for the looks.

This is not an easy question, as none of us are sitting in Germany and we don't make those decisions. The world requires Porsche to make money, and making 4 door cars and SUV's is only logical, even if we don't like the idea. It's their business and their money. Some of us react by spending money, some of us react by going elsewhere. Simple economics.

Old 02-11-2009, 09:18 AM
Cpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to behold
why does it matter to you whether they produce non-sports cars?

as long as the decision has not resulted in any shortages of capital for Porsche and so has not had a negative effect on their production of sports cars, what concern can it really be to those who do not consume those products?

Old 02-11-2009, 09:58 AM
youngbimmer has a brilliant futureyoungbimmer has a brilliant futureyoungbimmer has a brilliant futureyoungbimmer has a brilliant futureyoungbimmer has a brilliant futureyoungbimmer has a brilliant futureyoungbimmer has a brilliant futureyoungbimmer has a brilliant futureyoungbimmer has a brilliant futureyoungbimmer has a brilliant futureyoungbimmer has a brilliant future
the point is : it will sell!

It`s same as it was with the Cayenne...

we are car nuts and see cars like that from a whole different perspective

Most people consider other things than we do when buying a car.

It`s all about prestige and how you present yourself to others with your car..

people would even buy the new 7 series if it looked like complete crap,just because it`s BMW and it`s the 7 series,the rich guys Bimmer.

Old 02-11-2009, 03:22 PM
Dr J is on a distinguished road
Porsche Reports U.S. Sales for January 2009

http://www.theautochannel.com/news/2...03/404133.html

Looks like they are largely an SUV company now