Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Panamera Transmission

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-01-2010, 01:42 PM
Sprice930 is on a distinguished road
Panamera Transmission

Has any one had any transmission issues? I have a Pan S. Hit 1000 miles and transmission bucked at a light and transmission failure light came on and couldn't move. Turned off ignition and on again and was able to move with check engine light on. Took to dealer. They said they had to wait for software to diagnose, which took a few days and a few days for Atlanta and Germany to respond. They said to replace a value which we are still waiting on from germany. I guess Germany never heard of Fed ex.
The car has been out of commission for 2 weeks and would have been longer but the issue happened the day I was leaving for a 2 week vacation in England. I upgraded from a Cayman S for more room due to a new baby. I feel very uncomfortable that if this is fixed to have my family in it. I wrote Porsche corporate Friday. Cant wait to see what they will say. Gone from a Porsche enthusiast to one that has buyers remorse. I could see this on a 15K car but 95K.

Old 08-01-2010, 01:53 PM
JAX GT3 is on a distinguished road
Have Faith!!

My experience with PCNA is they will do right by you. The Panamera is a terrific Sport Sedan.

Stuff sometimes just happens despite thorough inspections and attention to detail.

Perfection does not exist on earth.

Let us know the details if you feel you are not treated fairly.

JohnnyB

Old 08-01-2010, 01:57 PM
FNR32 is a jewel in the roughFNR32 is a jewel in the roughFNR32 is a jewel in the rough
It's a new car, this things will happen. Bugs have the be work out and there just isn't really a way around it. All the QC in the world could be done and thinks may still go wrong. i do hope that they're able to repair everything to your satisfaction and that you're able to enjoy the car the way you intended to.

Old 08-01-2010, 05:35 PM
dallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant future
If you search through the 997 Forum, you'll see a fair amount of threads about the 'End Transmission Run' error seen on PDK cars. I had an early build 997.2 PDK and went through more than my fair share of issues with this issue. In the end, it took replacement of the PDK Transmission Valve, PDK Control Unit, and a couple of SW updates to get it right.

Now, the Panamera has a PDK, but it's a different unit than the 997, so although the hardware is similar, there will be a learning curve for Porsche.

Having said that, Porsche WILL make it right. While I wasn't pleased with the time my car spent at the dealer, I chalked it up to being an early adopter of a new technology.

For the record, not a hint of issues with my P2S PDK (knock on wood).

I think my biggest gripe about the situation is that all those trips to the dealer equated to more and more facetime with the Panamera...which led to the purchase. The dealer knew my wife hated the C2S so let us take a P2S for a long weekend, and I had no chance of winning that battle with the Mrs. Oh how I miss the Carrera... I'm sure I'll convince her soon enough that the garage really NEEDS another 2-door Porsche.

Back to your topic...please try to be patient with it, they will get it right. If the issue really starts to become too much of an ordeal, insist that you want either a Panamera V6 or new Cayenne as your loaner...

Old 08-08-2010, 08:54 AM
Update

Heres an update on my car. Still in the dealer. Now they want to change the oil pan and of course there isn't one in the US so they have to ship from Germany. All in all, I have gone from someone that was a Porsche enthusiast to someone that has buyers remorse. I bought this car for more room due to a new baby. I had a Cayman S, a two seater now I have a $95K one seater, if I ever get it back, because of my lack of trust in Porsche I will not take my family in it.
I would not recommend buying a Panamera and in fact because the lack of response from Porsche US, I would make my recommendation to anyone to buy another brand like a BMW or Mercedes

Old 08-08-2010, 11:11 AM
cfgtts is a splendid one to beholdcfgtts is a splendid one to beholdcfgtts is a splendid one to beholdcfgtts is a splendid one to beholdcfgtts is a splendid one to beholdcfgtts is a splendid one to beholdcfgtts is a splendid one to behold
@w

Originally Posted by Sprice930
Heres an update on my car. Still in the dealer. Now they want to change the oil pan and of course there isn't one in the US so they have to ship from Germany. All in all, I have gone from someone that was a Porsche enthusiast to someone that has buyers remorse. I bought this car for more room due to a new baby. I had a Cayman S, a two seater now I have a $95K one seater, if I ever get it back, because of my lack of trust in Porsche I will not take my family in it.
I would not recommend buying a Panamera and in fact because the lack of response from Porsche US, I would make my recommendation to anyone to buy another brand like a BMW or Mercedes

Sorry to hear about your bad experience, but I know how you feel as my experience with Porsche whether it is PAG or PCNA, is they both suck when it comes to really caring about customers. Their arrogant attitude has finally sworn me off of any new Porsches. Panamera was the last. I hate to say it but you should of kept your Cayman and bought a BMW to move the family! I wish I kept my C4S and ended my loyal relationship with Porsche at that!

Hope it turns around for you, but as it didn't with me, good luck and keep us posted.

Old 08-08-2010, 06:10 PM
forgeahead is just really niceforgeahead is just really niceforgeahead is just really niceforgeahead is just really niceforgeahead is just really nice
Sounds like lemon law material.

Old 08-08-2010, 07:59 PM
globalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond repute
I can see problems in the transmission its new its very complex...

How has the dealership been with the whole experience. I can tell you they have allot to do with the whole experience. I would push the dealer at the end of the day you gave them the money, they can go to Porsche and haggle them.

Sorry you are having so many issues hope it works out!

Old 08-13-2010, 07:20 PM
another update

dealer has been great. They did all they could, but since all the parts had to be shipped from Germany, it was out of their hands. I had to have a valve replaced then the oil pan, both had to be shipped. They hit actually 19 days in the shop, and one more day it was considered a lemon. I finally touched based with corporate and they are making things right. I'm getting back into appreciating and learning the car. There was also an electrical module that had to be replaced. Working well now, but its only been 3 days. Keeping fingers crossed

Old 08-13-2010, 07:27 PM
dallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant future
Great to hear! In my experience with Porsche I've learned that the entire system really does appreciate their vested interest in making things right for the customer. I had some initial issues with my 997.2 PDK, and they went to great lengths to make sure it was resolved and I was satisfied. Dealing with new technology like this can be a PITA...

One question is: Does PCNA maintain a decent parts depot in the US? If so, how long is it going to take to get the core PDK items stocked here to reduce the turn-around time?

Again, glad to hear...now get out and enjoy it!

Old 08-15-2010, 08:29 PM
MREbkng is on a distinguished road
Panamera Transmission

Sorry to hear of the transmission issues you are having with your Panamera. Have 4S with 9K miles and the transmission is much different than my previous daily ride, 2008 Cayenne S.

I have experienced some minor lurching forward, in particular when stopped on hills. Other than that, just the different feel the transmission has when starting from a stop position at slower speeds. Don't experience the wind-up feeling when I accelerate at a faster rate.

At times I wonder about the "brake" hold feature as in doesn't always kick-in consistently on hills. And once again, the transmission wind-up when it disengages.

This is my 4th Porsche, 3 purchased new, one ( '03 911TT) certified pre-owned with 18K. I have not had any issues that were of the severity you are experiencing.

Good luck and hopefully you get back on the road and regain the trust of your fine automobile.

Old 03-30-2011, 07:25 PM
OBNY is on a distinguished road
Panamera Transmission troubles

I have a 2010 Panamera 4S purchased new, now with 11,000 current miles. I was very excited about this car upon delivery, right up until I hit 3K miles. A new high pitched whining coming from the transmission was not a good sign, then lots of lurching, bucking, and a NEW Transmission from Germany. 3 weeks later, all was right again. This was July 2010. Fast forward to this week.

After another 8K miles on this newly minted PDK, I'm now faced with replacing the entire PDK for a second time in less than a year. New vibrations and underwhelming performance for the 2nd PDK led to a new full evaluation. Truly remarkable for this car.

Old 03-31-2011, 06:22 AM
Clint Eastwood is on a distinguished road
incidentally, at high speeds on the highway, i notice my unoccupied passenger seat seams to be shaking quite a bit. is this normal? or is a sign of something wrong?

Old 03-31-2011, 07:14 AM
ophtho has a spectacular aura aboutophtho has a spectacular aura about
I keep getting a "Fault Transmission" warning. Has happen 3 times in the last couple of weeks. Dash will state that the car is in 7th gear but it's really in Neutral. Can be dangerous, I had to cross 3 lanes of traffic to get to the shoulder. Only happens when cruise control is engaged.

Old 03-31-2011, 07:14 AM
ophtho has a spectacular aura aboutophtho has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Clint Eastwood
incidentally, at high speeds on the highway, i notice my unoccupied passenger seat seams to be shaking quite a bit. is this normal? or is a sign of something wrong?
Same here

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Panamera Transmission