Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Panamera exhaust sound help!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-23-2012, 12:14 AM
Brian 1215 is on a distinguished road
Panamera exhaust sound help!

Is it just me or does the 4s with aftermarket exhaust sound better than the turbo with aftermarket exhaust. I was listening to a 4s with AWE exhaust and it sounded pretty nice, however it didnt sound as nice for the turbo.

Old 02-23-2012, 12:49 AM
aottley will become famous soon enoughaottley will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Brian pranoto
Is it just me or does the 4s with aftermarket exhaust sound better than the turbo with aftermarket exhaust. I was listening to a 4s with AWE exhaust and it sounded pretty nice, however it didnt sound as nice for the turbo.
I have a turbo with AWE exhaust and downpipes. Sounds great to me. However I have not compared it to an AWE 4S. Did the turbo you listened to have downpipes or just exhaust? Are you comparing video clips or the actual cars?

Old 02-23-2012, 12:52 AM
Brian 1215 is on a distinguished road
i was comparing clips. My turbo has techart on it, doesnt sound that good. got the techart so it would go well when coupled with the kit on it hehehe. But yea no, i only compared videos

Old 02-23-2012, 12:56 AM
aottley will become famous soon enoughaottley will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Brian pranoto
i was comparing clips. My turbo has techart on it, doesnt sound that good. got the techart so it would go well when coupled with the kit on it hehehe. But yea no, i only compared videos
The AWE turbo clip is my car. The videos do not really capture the true sound of the exhaust system. If you get the AWE track exhaust you will be very happy with the results. This replaces the mid pipe and mufflers.

Old 02-23-2012, 01:25 AM
Former Vendor
CampioniShop1 is a jewel in the roughCampioniShop1 is a jewel in the roughCampioniShop1 is a jewel in the roughCampioniShop1 is a jewel in the rough
The Turbo needs an unresonated system to sound good, otherwise the turbos simply muffle the sound compared to a naturally aspirated V8 in the 4S ! Most aftermarket options retain a resonator on the mid pipes, either a central muffler or a dual bullet style resonator.

Here's a clip of the full catted system from SuperSprint - with unresonated mid pipes. The system is compatible with the stock rear mufflers to retain the valve adjust-ability with the Sport button.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVl40...ature=youtu.be

The car in this clip is running the following setup:

Last edited by CampioniShop1; 02-23-2012 at 01:28 AM.
Old 02-23-2012, 03:25 PM
versailles is an unknown quantity at this point
I think it depends purely on setup of your pipes. I have the cats removed on my PTTS and it sounds beautifully nasty.