Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Changes made to the GTS

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-23-2012, 08:51 PM
umwolverine will become famous soon enoughumwolverine will become famous soon enough
Changes made to the GTS

I've read from a number of sources that the PDK software on the GTS is different than the other Panameras, but don't really have confirmation of what or how it's different. This is the first time I've heard anything about the 4WD system. Anyone have anything else that gives some more detail?

Here's a quote from a recent interview about the GTS.

"It's really fun to drive," said Porsche's head of research and development, Wolfgang Hatz, also confirming there are various software changes including revisions to the four-wheel-drive system to give it more rear bias, as well as faster, harder gear shifts through the standard seven-speed PDK twin-clutch automatic.

Old 02-24-2012, 01:30 PM
sapaman is on a distinguished road
I came across a review yesterday by Edmunds Inside Line which had a similar statement (sorry if already posted)

"All-wheel drive is standard, and it's a rear-drive-biased system in order to minimize understeer and maintain a properly sporty rear-wheel-drive feel."

http://www.insideline.com/porsche/pa...rst-drive.html

Old 02-24-2012, 02:49 PM
fergie is just really nicefergie is just really nicefergie is just really nicefergie is just really nicefergie is just really nice
Originally Posted by umwolverine
I've read from a number of sources that the PDK software on the GTS is different than the other Panameras, but don't really have confirmation of what or how it's different. This is the first time I've heard anything about the 4WD system. Anyone have anything else that gives some more detail?

Here's a quote from a recent interview about the GTS.

"It's really fun to drive," said Porsche's head of research and development, Wolfgang Hatz, also confirming there are various software changes including revisions to the four-wheel-drive system to give it more rear bias, as well as faster, harder gear shifts through the standard seven-speed PDK twin-clutch automatic.
Here's an excerpt from the Motor Trend review that may shed some light on the PDK software aspect:

One cool trick: Rather than cutting engine revs during an upshift, the GTS motor briefly turns off two of the cylinders, cutting power but not engine momentum.

Old 02-24-2012, 04:09 PM
umwolverine will become famous soon enoughumwolverine will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by fergie
Here's an excerpt from the Motor Trend review that may shed some light on the PDK software aspect:

One cool trick: Rather than cutting engine revs during an upshift, the GTS motor briefly turns off two of the cylinders, cutting power but not engine momentum.
Very cool - quicker upshifts and better response!

Car build complete is 3/1 - hoping maybe to see it in March/early April...

Old 02-24-2012, 07:32 PM
supercup is on a distinguished road

That will be sweet. The one i ordered is to be completed 2/28 but has get to West Coast, so I expect it will take closer to 6 weeks to arrive.

Should get to you just as the snow is going away!

Old 02-25-2012, 07:48 AM
fergie is just really nicefergie is just really nicefergie is just really nicefergie is just really nicefergie is just really nice

Hope it's March! I've got an April build/May delivery. My dealer's launch car is due in March--can't wait to drive it!--and hear it!!

Old 02-25-2012, 12:25 PM
kip
kip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to behold
pdk quickness and cyl shutdown in many mags, havent seen any mention off awd diffetence.

Old 02-26-2012, 08:22 PM
Cpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to behold
i assumed the tweaking was all part of the revisions than came down the pipeline with the 991.

the more i read these GTS reviews i think i should chuck both my cars and get a GTS -