Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DVD Audio on Burmester

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-03-2012, 05:10 PM
hummerchine is on a distinguished road
DVD Audio on Burmester

My wife got me the Pink Floyd Dark Side Of The Moon Immersion set for Christmas, which includes an Audio DVD of the album mixed in Dolby 5.1.

Hmmmmm, where can I play THAT? Oh, my Panamera Burmester just so happens to play those, and I've always been curious as to what they sound like...

HOLY CRAP IT SOUNDS AMAZING!!!!!!!

Seriously...if you have the Burmester, go buy this album! Pretty impressive, also, that it'll play DVD Audio discs at all! The song "Money" was especially sweet, with obviously different sounds coming out of all four doors. The sound is way "present".

Aside from this, the Burmester system sounds better to me than ever. When I first got the car I thought it sounded awesome, but a tad harsh with the upper midrange sounding a bit bright. Well, I've read about speakers having to break in...maybe there is some truth to that, because the system does not sound harsh to me now at all. Maybe my ears broke in...

I know we all have different tastes, but personally whatever model of Panamera you get I STRONGLY recommend the Burmester. I'd get it before a Turbo for sure...oh, I did...

Old 03-04-2012, 07:50 AM
kip
kip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by hummerchine
My wife got me the Pink Floyd Dark Side Of The Moon Immersion set for Christmas, which includes an Audio DVD of the album mixed in Dolby 5.1.

Hmmmmm, where can I play THAT? Oh, my Panamera Burmester just so happens to play those, and I've always been curious as to what they sound like...

HOLY CRAP IT SOUNDS AMAZING!!!!!!!

Seriously...if you have the Burmester, go buy this album! Pretty impressive, also, that it'll play DVD Audio discs at all! The song "Money" was especially sweet, with obviously different sounds coming out of all four doors. The sound is way "present".

Aside from this, the Burmester system sounds better to me than ever. When I first got the car I thought it sounded awesome, but a tad harsh with the upper midrange sounding a bit bright. Well, I've read about speakers having to break in...maybe there is some truth to that, because the system does not sound harsh to me now at all. Maybe my ears broke in...

I know we all have different tastes, but personally whatever model of Panamera you get I STRONGLY recommend the Burmester. I'd get it before a Turbo for sure...oh, I did...
The Burmester is wonderful, but I still wouldnt buy more expensive sound systems in the car than you have at home. If you have an expensive hi end system at home, you will also appreciate this, otherwise it is too expensive.

Old 03-04-2012, 11:08 AM
My home system cost more than double what the Burmester did...and yes, it's pretty sweet too. It's in my gym. I only listen to music in two places; my gym and my car, mostly my car. So I'd have to disagree with your statement; if I did not have a great system at home it would be even MORE reason to get one in my car!

But that's just me...depends on how much you like music I guess...

Old 03-04-2012, 11:13 AM
kip
kip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to behold
My home system cost more than double what the Burmester did. It's in my gym.
There you go, you are exactly the right person to get the Burmester

Old 03-04-2012, 08:18 PM
HA, great response!

I guess I should have mentioned that I'm a stereo geek...have been since a teenager, am 55 now and still am! I LOVE audio equipment...even more than I love cars...heck, even more than I love music! And I love them all. Yes, I even subscribe to Stereophile. So sure, my opinion is warped...I'd rather have the Burmester stereo than the rest of the car! But I must say, the combination is rather sweet...

Old 03-05-2012, 01:36 PM
kip
HA, great response!

I guess I should have mentioned that I'm a stereo geek...have been since a teenager, am 55 now and still am! I LOVE audio equipment...even more than I love cars...heck, even more than I love music! And I love them all. Yes, I even subscribe to Stereophile. So sure, my opinion is warped...I'd rather have the Burmester stereo than the rest of the car! But I must say, the combination is rather sweet...
The Panamera is the quietest car Ive driven on an Autobahn at 250km/h, you really can appreciate the sound system in this car.

Old 03-05-2012, 06:38 PM
Cpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to behold
i still say that you cannot concentrate to the level required of such a stereo & drive a car at the same time. you will get brief moments of such clarity, but they can't be held in motion.

now for the passenger - totally agree that the Burm is amazing.

Old 03-05-2012, 06:43 PM
JCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to behold
I have the Burmester in my PTT and I absolutely will not buy another Porsche without it. Everyone who gets in the car comments about the sound, whether or not they are audiophiles (most are not). Bass is quite a bit more refined, and it just feels more open than the Bose. We got the Bose in our Cayenne Turbo, and regret it. We listen to 5.1 DVDs (DTS) a lot on both systems and it just does not sound as good on the Bose. Big difference. Even iPod sound is noticeably inferior on the Bose. My opinion, of course!

Old 03-05-2012, 10:30 PM
I agree with what was said about not being able to aporeciate sound to it's fullest while driving. Heck, I can't even appreciate my car to it's fullest while driving! That's why I listen to the Burmester in the garage a lot...

Last edited by hummerchine; 03-06-2012 at 11:16 AM.
Old 03-06-2012, 10:09 AM
Siswati is just really niceSiswati is just really niceSiswati is just really niceSiswati is just really nice
...... Well, I've read about speakers having to break in...maybe there is some truth to that, because the system does not sound harsh to me now at all. Maybe my ears broke in....
Yup IMO speakers do need time to break in - there is a noticeable difference with a few hours of time on a set of new speakers.

Old 03-06-2012, 11:02 AM
kip
I agree with what was said about not being able to aporeciate sound to it's fullest while driving. Heck, I can't even appreciate me car to it's fullest while driving! That's why I listen to the Burmester in the garage a lot...
Now if our wives would only let us drive the car into the livingroom: cupholders, comfy lether seats, surround sound, AC...

Old 03-06-2012, 11:15 AM
Right on!