Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Porsche Car Connect

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-26-2013, 08:06 AM
micha007mk is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by TGED
The original PCM version of my 2011 Panamera 4 did not show the time on the lower right corner. After a request, my dealer updated a newer PCM software which now shows the time. The upgrade didn't even erase any of my PCM settings. I was very pleased. So good luck to you.
I'm curious, when there is a software update, you have to bring it to the shop? does it cost anything for the update? does anything tell you that there is an update available or you just have to make it a point to ask?
also when you bring your car in for the tune up do they automatically check for PCM updates?

Old 04-26-2013, 09:53 AM
TGED is on a distinguished road
Unless the updates are safety related or directly related to proper operation of the vehicle, they may not do them for you. All manufacturers have the rights to improve their products without any obligation to those who already bought their products. But in real world, everyone is doing it, you get free updates from Apple, Microsoft...
If you have a good relationship with your dealer, they will usually do it for you for free.

Old 07-04-2013, 10:57 AM
pjjameso is on a distinguished road
Latest info on PCC, still cant figure out what functions this is going to provide. Interesting it is now not available until Dec 13 earliest. Ordered it on a fly on my '14 PGTS, will report back on functionality, or lack thereof.

Porsche Car Connect

An important note about Porsche Car Connect
Porsche Car Connect allows remote control of vehicle-specific services using an iOS® or Android® device on which the customer has installed the necessary app. The Porsche Car Connect app may not work with all versions of the iOS or Android operating systems. Functions which may be selected include Remote Services Porsche Vehicle Tracking System (PVTS) and, on the Panamera S E-Hybrid model only, E-Mobility Services. Porsche Car Connect only becomes functional through a contract between the customer and a third-party service provider, at an additional cost which is the customer’s responsibility after the trial period. The trial period is five years from initial retail delivery for Panamera S E-Hybrid customers and six months from initial retail delivery for all other Panamera customers. The usage of Porsche Car Connect may also be subject to data charges from your mobile device provider. The third-party Porsche Car Connect service is not available at all in Canada, and will not be available in the U.S. until December 2013 at the earliest. The vehicle equipment necessary to use Porsche Car Connect is only available factory-installed, and cannot be added to your vehicle later

Old 07-15-2013, 10:31 PM
quickplay is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Porsche Car Connect or "PCC"

I saw many of you are a little confuse about Porsche Car Connect
1. PCM 3.0 (997), PCM 3.1(Cayenne/Panamera from 2010/2013) DOES NOT HAVE PCC, DONT CONFUSE an app like A-HA or jukebox(for storage music or "stuff".)
2. PCC only an only come first in the new Panamera E-hybrid.
3. Dealer have a little information regarding this new feature that control some function like batt state, rear view mirror to mention few.
4. To answer someone else question about hardware, Yes, a new hardware need to be on the vehicle that include a module that have a integrated sim card( subscriber identity module with an agreement and data plan in this case 3g).
5. Price is not set yet as this is a new feature even the dealer doesnot have the lates information. again yet. so i dont think $200-400 with all of the equipment involve.
6. phone's like IPHONE AND ANDROID(VERSION 4.0 and UP) ARE GOOD TO GO. AND I DONT THINK OLDER MODEL COULD WORK BECAUSE OF COMPATIBILITY ISSUES.
7. Porsche car connect app is not on google play yet..neither itunes again yet.
8. Service is good for 5 year you have to renew,
9. only by the dealer no third party.
more info..www.porsche.com\connect
enjoy

Old 07-16-2013, 05:20 AM
TGED is on a distinguished road
The confusion is because Porsche also refers to the AHA radio as Porsche Car Connect. My 2013 Cayenne has AHA radio, the certificate from Porsche calls it PCC.

Attached Images  
Old 07-16-2013, 07:25 PM
quickplay is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Pcc

Yes indeed, and a good call, Porsche like always preview to a customer with a "generation" or "evolution" of words of car features. So let said what you have is the first "generation" PCC and the new PCC 2nd generation of the so called PCC. a soon I have more info I posted.

Old 12-06-2016, 12:50 AM
TJtheDJ will become famous soon enough
Is there a way to retrofit this with hardware for a 2011 Cayenne S w/ PCM?

Old 03-02-2017, 07:28 AM
robkat is an unknown quantity at this point
E-Hybrid Connect Service

Yeah, our dealership had VERY LITTLE understanding or knowledge of this App or cost or how it works other than the demo he had on his phone, which was useless.

We have a 2014 E-Hybrid and it seems like we can do a lot with it, but no one knows costs, services, etc. on Porsche's website, it shows a ton of bullet points, but I guess you need to download and see for yourself how it really works...

You would think dealers selling a 120k car have a clue.