Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Porsche Car Connect

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-14-2013, 09:18 AM
pjjameso is on a distinguished road
Porsche Car Connect

Anybody have any information on what this option provides?

Old 04-14-2013, 05:42 PM
BoxsterG is on a distinguished road
This is what I was able to find.

" For the 2014 model year, Porsche Car Connect is optional on any Panamera, offering a smartphone connection and control of mobile applications on the in-dash display screen. The Panamera can also be optioned as a mobile Wi-Fi hotspot for 2014, and with full LED headlights."

Old 04-14-2013, 07:16 PM
Cpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to behold
it was available on the 2013 builds as well i put it on my GTS - it only costs $200? so can't be much. connects to android or something like that too

Old 04-14-2013, 07:24 PM
TGED is on a distinguished road
I have PCC on my 2013 Cayenne S, I connect it to my iPhone and it works OK. I tried it a few times with my friends just to show (off). Since the Porsche app AHA radio does not have my favorite online radio station so I am back to using AUX Bluetooth to listen to it.

Old 04-15-2013, 06:28 PM
pjjameso is on a distinguished road
Believe what you have is the Online Service vs the new Porsche Car Connect. The online service is the AHA radio etc.... The Porsche Car Connect does much more and is a separate option @ $400. The online service is now part of the Bose Audio Package on the GTS line.

Old 04-15-2013, 06:42 PM
tonyep is a glorious beacon of lighttonyep is a glorious beacon of lighttonyep is a glorious beacon of lighttonyep is a glorious beacon of lighttonyep is a glorious beacon of light
It's similar to mbrace2 found in Mercedes and SYNC found in Ford. Porsche Car Connect enables car pre-heating or cooling via the smartphone app. Also for guiding users back to their parked vehicles and a few more features.

Old 04-15-2013, 08:30 PM
When I placed my order I optioned the Online Service, Porsche Car Connect was not available at that time. But when the car was delivered, the factory spec sheet listed Porsche Car Connect as what was installed. So I am not sure what I got, the manual does not mention about the extra features, when do you get info about these extra functions?

Old 04-15-2013, 08:40 PM
Just found out that PCC is not available until June 2013, so my so called PCC is only the basic Online Service, and that was what I paid for, you don't get something for nothing, especially from Porsche.

Old 04-16-2013, 03:33 AM
toughluck is on a distinguished road
I couldn't find much but what I did find this. I hope the pre-heating or cooling is not limited to the e-hybrid.

http://press.porsche.com/news/release.php?id=776

Old 04-25-2013, 08:51 AM
micha007mk is on a distinguished road
I have a question on the porsche car connect, does anyone know if this is software only or does it involve hardware.

i just bought a new porsche but when i had put in my order my salesguy didn't know much about this and i didn't take it, after reading up on it i decided that i want it but they told me it's too late because the car is already in production, i got the PCM as an option.

can i do this once i receive the car or is it a hardware upgrade that's going to cost me 5X the price?

Old 04-25-2013, 09:03 AM
Originally Posted by micha007mk
I have a question on the porsche car connect, does anyone know if this is software only or does it involve hardware.

i just bought a new porsche but when i had put in my order my salesguy didn't know much about this and i didn't take it, after reading up on it i decided that i want it but they told me it's too late because the car is already in production, i got the PCM as an option.

can i do this once i receive the car or is it a hardware upgrade that's going to cost me 5X the price?
Are you getting the new version of PCM, with Jukebox? It is probably just different in software.

Old 04-25-2013, 09:11 AM
Originally Posted by TGED
Are you getting the new version of PCM, with Jukebox? It is probably just different in software.
I'm doing a European delivery in late June, so the car is in production now...i would hope that it's the latest PCM.

if it is just software why wouldn't they just accept the change now since i'm not modifying the car in any way.

Old 04-25-2013, 12:52 PM
Once the order is 'locked', nothing can be changed until the car reaches your dealer.

Old 04-25-2013, 01:11 PM
Originally Posted by TGED
Once the order is 'locked', nothing can be changed until the car reaches your dealer.
I guess that's to avoid confusion...i just hope that if i want this feature that my dealer could do it at the relativelly same cost as if i had ordered it in the first place.

if it's just a software update there is no reason why it should cost more but a hardware upgrade will probably no longer be worth it.

Old 04-25-2013, 05:32 PM
The original PCM version of my 2011 Panamera 4 did not show the time on the lower right corner. After a request, my dealer updated a newer PCM software which now shows the time. The upgrade didn't even erase any of my PCM settings. I was very pleased. So good luck to you.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Porsche Car Connect