Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My Project Panamera Turbo Begins

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-19-2013, 07:58 PM
MIA997TTBeast will become famous soon enoughMIA997TTBeast will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by vividracing

Is this 30HP out of hoses? How valid is this? Do you feel the difference in your SOTP?
Wouldn't you say that it will add a little lag in the low end?

I just can't be convinced that Porsche engineers did not think of that, maybe the pressure in the hose sends the air faster to the engine, thus cutting down on lag, or maybe they wanted to rob some power to the engine to stay at 500HP?

Old 08-20-2013, 09:46 AM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Its very hard to make a response to that because at the end of the day, a car is a car, forced air is forced air... Engineers have to make vehicles achieve many different legal requirements for regulations. Emissions, HP numbers, etc. Its just like how an ECU tune can free up 50-70HP, an exhaust that is less restrictive can give you 20HP, and such.

But yes the YPipe does make this type of performance. We have achieved this similarly on the 996TT, 997.2TT as well. I will be happy to answer any questions I can about the product.

Old 08-20-2013, 02:07 PM
yas64 is on a distinguished road
Order placed, looking forward to it. I will post my impression once I get it

Old 08-20-2013, 02:18 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Thank you. I will make sure it is handled!

Old 08-20-2013, 03:15 PM
MIA997TTBeast will become famous soon enoughMIA997TTBeast will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by yas64
Order placed, looking forward to it. I will post my impression once I get it
Man I would love to hear your impression.

Do keep us posted!

Old 08-20-2013, 03:42 PM
Former Vendor
When you get it, please contact me for install tips. If you are not doing it, let me recommend a place if needed.

Old 08-21-2013, 09:18 AM
Will do, thank you for the discount!

Old 08-25-2013, 02:36 PM
XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !
Anxious to hear feedback.

Old 08-26-2013, 01:55 PM
pgeoph is on a distinguished road
My experience is that the engineers designed in the restrictive intakes in as a consession to fuel efficiency. Having installed the pipes I have definately seen performance improve (i.e. pulling more boost at lower RPM) at the expense of higher fuel consumption (no surprise there either).

Old 08-27-2013, 09:43 AM
Fast shipping from Vivid racing will definitely be ordering from them again. Thank you!
Haven't installed them yet was out of town for the weekend. They look good though. I will install this weekend and give my impressions

Old 08-27-2013, 01:54 PM
tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by MIA997TTBeast
Is this 30HP out of hoses? How valid is this? Do you feel the difference in your SOTP?
Wouldn't you say that it will add a little lag in the low end?

I just can't be convinced that Porsche engineers did not think of that, maybe the pressure in the hose sends the air faster to the engine, thus cutting down on lag, or maybe they wanted to rob some power to the engine to stay at 500HP?
I run a similar Y-pipe on my TT 996 and it makes a tremendous difference but due to flow hemodynamics mostly and therefore better air intake (engine is an air pump)
the additional benefit is that because it is stiffer you can run more boost without pipes breaking or coming off (trust me I know)
lastly the benefit of non-compliance gives better direct boost and air flow although HP wise this is probably the least effect

but again I am a vascular surgeon (human plumber) not a fluid hemodynamic engineer so...that just makes it my 2 cents

Last edited by tom kerr; 08-27-2013 at 01:56 PM.
Old 09-06-2013, 08:46 PM
Originally Posted by yas64
Fast shipping from Vivid racing will definitely be ordering from them again. Thank you!
Haven't installed them yet was out of town for the weekend. They look good though. I will install this weekend and give my impressions
Hey Yas, did you have the time to do the install? If so, can you post your experience when you get a chance?

Thanks.

Old 09-06-2013, 08:55 PM
Originally Posted by tom kerr
I run a similar Y-pipe on my TT 996 and it makes a tremendous difference but due to flow hemodynamics mostly and therefore better air intake (engine is an air pump)
the additional benefit is that because it is stiffer you can run more boost without pipes breaking or coming off (trust me I know)
lastly the benefit of non-compliance gives better direct boost and air flow although HP wise this is probably the least effect

but again I am a vascular surgeon (human plumber) not a fluid hemodynamic engineer so...that just makes it my 2 cents
My 997TT blew the IC hoses more than once on my car with only a tune, so yeah I would understand this setup, it makes sense that the better flow helps but I can't grasp 30HP for that.

Let's see what the consensus is when more people install them, imagine pairing this to a IPD plenum, downpipes and X-Pipe, that will be so cool.

Old 09-09-2013, 10:40 AM
Former Vendor
I just realized that yas64 got a clearance part, not one of the new ones. This was one of the y-pipes we made here and not from the production mold. So if by chance he has issues, we will swap it for the production one like on my car so he can give a good review

Old 09-09-2013, 10:45 AM
tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by MIA997TTBeast
My 997TT blew the IC hoses more than once on my car with only a tune, so yeah I would understand this setup, it makes sense that the better flow helps but I can't grasp 30HP for that.

Let's see what the consensus is when more people install them, imagine pairing this to a IPD plenum, downpipes and X-Pipe, that will be so cool.

agree

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My Project Panamera Turbo Begins