Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My Project Panamera Turbo Begins

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-17-2013, 05:53 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
My Project Panamera Turbo Begins

Most people are not fond of its styling or even why the iconic brand surrounded by the 911 chassis would even consider a 4 door. The success of the Cayenne made sense to go this route and soon after we saw the likes of Audi and Aston Martin with theirs as well as Lamborghini showing a concept of their own. Though it is now 2013 and a facelift is upon us, this 2011 Panamera Turbo does not mean we are late to the party. Having been fortunate enough to own and drive cars like our 825hp 997 Turbo and our 2011 Turbo S, this was simply another progression of our strong prescense in the Porsche market. Having just sold our BMW M3 supercharged by VF Engineering and our little play toy Noble M400, it was time to get the new family sedan in place. We already did the CLS63 Bi-Turbo, we have the new BMW F10 M5, but somewhere, this has been on the want list for quite some time. In fact even before the car was released!

Back in 2008 while on the way up North to do some motocross, we came across a pack of test Panamera's with barely any camo left on them. Simply amazed by this brand new vehicle for Porsche out in the wild, I have stayed in touched with the progression in styling, performance, and features of the Panamera. When it came time to search for one, I hit the usual outlets looking for a great car that we could truly make Vivid. Coming across many black and silver colors, they just did not pop enough for me. White was definitely on the top of the list but unfortunately, I'm not into beige interior. So when I stumbled upon this beautiful blue Panamera with PCCB brakes and gorgeous black leather interior, this was it!

We had the opportunity to work on products for the Panamera Turbo back in 2011. We developed a high flow y-Pipe and catback exhaust system. So for this toy, we have a couple of cool upgrades to showcase. First, the car already had a set of Vorsteiner VS-140 21 inch wheels wrapped in Michelin tires. This was perfect because of our cooperation with Vorsteiner on outfitting our car with their aero kit upgrade. Having had Vorsteiner on many of our past project cars, we knew the quality and fitment would be there. But even more important, the styling is spot on with the direction we wanted to go. The front bumper, rear bumper with diffuser, and side skirts is a combination of adding aggressiveness while keeping it classy. Because of the air ride suspension, lowering the car is usually done with the typical lowering module. However we are going to take on a new piece of technology by KW Suspension by adding their DLC system to the car. Controlled by an iPhone app, you can save different profiles with ride height settings to go anywhere from stock down to 60mm drop.

We wont leak everything now, so stay tuned to this build, driving reviews, videos, and view all photos here on our Panamera Turbo Gallery!

Attached Images     
Old 06-17-2013, 09:03 PM
frozen997 is on a distinguished road
Nice cant wait to see more! could you post a picture of the kw module on the lowest setting? I am looking to lower mine . Thanks in advance !

Old 06-18-2013, 08:35 AM
tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !
ok this is going to be good!!

Old 06-18-2013, 11:37 AM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Super pumped guys. This is probably THE best sedan ever.

Old 07-11-2013, 01:33 PM
Former Vendor
Now being that this is the ultimate in luxury sedan, we want to make sure we keep it subtle, but still sexy. So along with our plans to install a Vorsteiner aero kit to go with our Vorsteiner wheels, we are also adding hints of carbon fiber. One part we just installed is the Agency Power carbon fiber Y-Pipe. Back in 2011 we developed this part on a different Panamera Turbo here with great success. After offering the part in aluminum for a while, we decided to also create it in carbon fiber. Though the powdercoated aluminum looks good, there is nothing more sexy than some carbon fiber under the hood!

The throttle body on the Panamera Turbo is the same size as the Cayenne Turbo which we also use on our 996TT and 997TT TB upgrade kits. The stock YPipe is a 2 piece (halfs) plasic Y design that is smooth on the inside. The bad part about the stock one is it goes from a 78mm ID at the throttlebody down to a appx 2inch 51mm diameter Y split which then goes to rubber boost hoses that expand under pressure. Both of these are a power robbers! If you retain the stock design and stock diameter hoses, you cannot gain power no matter the Y-Pipe material. This is why we made a complete YPipe kit which retains a 3inch aluminum design all the way to the factory end piece connections.
Now because you are replacing all the factory parts with this 3 inch diameter pipe, its a tight fit in there as you can see. The mouth of the Y-Pipe slides just on to the throttle body and this is secured with the coupler as pictured. Having been driving around with this in our own car now for a couple of weeks, the improved throttle response from increased air flow going into the throttle body is definitely a plus!

Up next is our installation of the KW DLC lowering module. Stay tuned to our Panamera Turbo Gallery Here.

Attached Images    
Old 07-12-2013, 06:27 AM
tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !
looks and performs great!! congrats on nice R and D

Old 08-09-2013, 12:49 PM
Former Vendor
Working on the KW DLC lowering kit right now and just finished installing the Meisterschaft GTC exhaust. We will be filming one of our awesome videos so stay tuned for that. In the meantime, check out some pics and this offer from us on the Meisterschaft! Check out more here - http://www.vividracing.com/catalog/s...+panamera.html

Attached Images    

Last edited by vividracing; 08-09-2013 at 01:22 PM.
Old 08-12-2013, 09:24 AM
ck_pana is on a distinguished road
Nice and clean exhaust. Audio clip?

Old 08-12-2013, 10:20 AM
Former Vendor
Coming soon!

Old 08-12-2013, 12:27 PM
pgeoph is on a distinguished road
Do these have the valvetronic hardware installed? Still using the restrictive stock cats and resonator? I really liked the uplift I got on mine with the larger diameter intercooler Y pipe. I'm seeing 0.5bar on the boost gauge before 2,000 rpm now, never saw that with the stock pipes.

Last edited by pgeoph; 08-12-2013 at 12:33 PM.
Old 08-12-2013, 12:28 PM
Former Vendor
Yes they have the valvetronic flaps for quiet and loud. Is a big difference in sound. I am still using the stock mid pipes and downpipes.

Old 08-19-2013, 10:02 AM
yas64 is on a distinguished road
Great project, looking forward for updates!
What's the difference between the agency power & the plenum? are they basically the same? Whats the price on the agency power in carbon that is installed?
Mike

Old 08-19-2013, 10:27 AM
Former Vendor
There is not really a "plenum" like on the 911 Turbo. The throttle body bolts right up to the intake manifold. So the performance is gained before the TB. I did a great write up here - http://www.vividracing.com/blog/vivi...e-knife-at-vr/

Old 08-19-2013, 11:14 AM
yas64 is on a distinguished road
Thanks for the info!
Is there a 6speed discount on that part

Old 08-19-2013, 11:51 AM
Former Vendor
Order online with coupon code 3OFF at checkout

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My Project Panamera Turbo Begins