Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Chassis System Failure -HELP!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-17-2014, 05:38 AM
kip
kip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to behold
Chassis System Failure -HELP!!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	PTT.JPG
Views:	1662
Size:	111.3 KB
ID:	322354

Any ideas? Air suspension compressor failure?

The weird thing it is in the back, not the front. We had -12C

Looks hot though...

Old 01-17-2014, 07:05 AM
Michael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant future
Air suspension gave out. Others have experienced the same. Not sure if it's the compressor but I seem to recall that was indeed the issue.

Old 01-17-2014, 03:26 PM
LAAlpina is on a distinguished road
For my PTT it was the compressor, replaced under warranty.

Old 01-17-2014, 03:27 PM
kip
kip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by LAAlpina
For my PTT it was the compressor, replaced under warranty.
DId your rear axel sink?

Old 01-17-2014, 04:07 PM
LAAlpina is on a distinguished road
No, there was actually no noticeable change to ride height. However, I couldn't raise or lower the car. The tech said it actually was a the fuse, but when he replaced it, it blew again right away. So they just changed the compressor out and afterwards everything was fine. Good luck.

Old 01-17-2014, 06:03 PM
CMLXX4S is on a distinguished road
May just be the cold temps... I briefly experienced a "fault" on a recent trip North

Old 01-17-2014, 06:58 PM
TAZ40JAHRE is on a distinguished road
I recently got this message on my PTT (see pic). The car was in the garage (as it always is overnight), I started her up to go to work, and this message immediately appeared. I noticed nothing different about the car, so I backed it out of the garage, shut her off, and restarted her. Message didn't appear and hasn't appeared since. I had the car in to the dealer to replace a tire (see my recent rant about potholes and Pirelli Sotozero tires) and they couldn't find anything wrong with it. No fault codes, nothing. It's been really cold here so maybe that had something to do with it. Who knows. I just hope it doesn't reappear.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo_Jan_08,_6_56_00_AM.jpg
Views:	2939
Size:	1.86 MB
ID:	322630  
Old 01-22-2014, 04:07 AM
kip
It was the as compressor as suspected. My pump failed only in the cold, so I am pretty sure all of you getting messages have symptoms of a soon to be failing compressor. The part number was different than the original, so there are obviously reliability issues with the original one. New one works 100 in -15c.

Old 01-22-2014, 05:39 PM
ikeibe28 is on a distinguished road
What are the odds. I just had the same indicator show up on my car literally 3 hrs ago and the wheels in the back looked exactly like yours. I turned off the car, waited 10 mins, restarted it and the indicator went away and it leveled itself off. Very weird.

I will have the dealer look into it so it doesn't happen again.