Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 Panamera GTS - transmission failure

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-23-2014, 08:39 AM
rrichmond is on a distinguished road
2014 Panamera GTS - transmission failure

2 month old Panamera GTS had a transmission fault, went into fail safe mode, been in the shop for over 2 weeks. They originally indicated from diagnostics that the transmission fluid was low but found no leaks. They appear to have no idea of the problem, replaced the control unit, the valve body, checked all circuitry and have not been able to correct the problem. Now they are ordering a new transmission for my 2 month old car. Any recommendations or similar experiences? Car was purchased from Isringhausen in Springfield, IL.

Old 01-23-2014, 09:17 AM
mrrippey is on a distinguished road
That's ugly....

I'm guessing you didn't do anything crazy with it like launch every time you used the car. I'm looking to get a GTS or a Gran Coupe. Lurking and learning these cars. I hope you get your car back and works better than now.

Rippey

Old 02-02-2014, 11:43 PM
zhecks is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by rrichmond
2 month old Panamera GTS had a transmission fault, went into fail safe mode, been in the shop for over 2 weeks. They originally indicated from diagnostics that the transmission fluid was low but found no leaks. They appear to have no idea of the problem, replaced the control unit, the valve body, checked all circuitry and have not been able to correct the problem. Now they are ordering a new transmission for my 2 month old car. Any recommendations or similar experiences? Car was purchased from Isringhausen in Springfield, IL.
Similar experience with a 2012 Panny S. Drove it home ( less than 20 miles) and the transmission failed the next day. Needed to flatbed it back to the shop. Same repair sequence, replacing control unit, valve body, etc. finally, they just replaced the whole transmission and everything worked fine. Sales department did not care and just told me to work with services. I raised hell to Porsche NA and they took care of me. There must be some high defective rate for the PDK. I saw similar issues on the 911 and other Panny in this forum.

Free driving school passes, free maintenance for 4 yrs, etc.. It is up to your imagination on how they should compensate you.

Old 02-03-2014, 11:14 PM
2010Panny4S will become famous soon enough
Damn OP, that sux to here.

Old 02-04-2014, 07:28 AM
Michael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant future
I see you are new so first welcome and good choice on the GTS. There are the rare incidents of PDK failure in new cars. Very infrequent but it happens on the Panny and 911's. The good news is you will be up and running in do time as the replacement does the trick.

Old 02-04-2014, 08:25 AM
Former Vendor
ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !
Sorry to hear about that, luckily it's under warranty though. Post of a few pictures of this beast when it returns

Old 01-20-2015, 07:06 PM
1Goodguy02 is on a distinguished road
wow...I had my 11' P4 towed to the dealership on Saturday only to find out today that they don't know what the hell is wrong with it. But after reading prior post....looks like i'm going to need a new transmission with only 48k on the odometer. I will keep you posted.

Old 01-21-2015, 04:32 AM
porschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant future
Hello sir,sorry to hear that.
I have opened a thread to share fails and technical pdk infos. Please if possible post there what happened and how did you solve it.
I feel your pain ,because if it hapens to me I am going to loose my minds. A new pdk is 17k euro in germany , I dont know how much they can discount for old transmission but still is a very big amount of cash .
Usually in the old tiptronic a new valve and oil flush used to solve the problem .

Old 02-01-2015, 03:54 PM
Update - they replaced the control unit and the valve body - same jerkng and failure to go into reverse....ordered a new transmission. Hopefully my next post will offer better news. the only brightside to all this is that the dealer has provided a 2014 PSeh and later a 2014 Cayenne as loaners. I now drive a Porsche everyday - vice driving my Porsche every 4/5 days.

Old 02-15-2015, 11:25 AM
I got my Panamera 4 back today after 3.5 weeks in service. The car was out of factory warranty by 6 months but PNA covered the following items under the goodwill program...as they darn well should:

- Value Body
- Pressure Sensors and Harness
- Calibrated PDK

The car now runs better and is more responsive then it was before the service. All in all a good experience...considering the circumstances of having a car outside the warranty. Good news also....my mechanical breakdown insurance was standing ready to cover the cost had not PNA not stepped up.

Old 02-15-2015, 01:53 PM
Gus_Smedstad is on a distinguished road
It's good to hear that they covered this despite being out of warranty. I'd been getting the vague impression that Porsche had a tendency to deny responsibility for manufacturing problems. Driven at least in part by Ace10's problems with his PSeH.

Old 12-23-2016, 08:51 PM
Monster ink is an unknown quantity at this point
I just had my first break down this morning as I tried to take my kids to school and as I started my panamera up the check engine light came on along with the fault transmission light. My vehicle would not drive or even reverse. Has anyone ever experience this before? Panamera only has 43,000

Old 12-27-2016, 07:50 PM
chance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to behold
Holy moly! PDK's failing everywhere!

Old 12-30-2016, 11:54 AM
cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by chance6
Holy moly! PDK's failing everywhere!

that's why my opinion when someone new asks about a used Porsche of any model with a PDK is it needs to always be under a warranty...
or you need deep pockets .

Old 12-31-2016, 06:31 PM
Rfpanamera is an unknown quantity at this point
What is PDK transmission and how do I know if I have one in my Panamera?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2014 Panamera GTS - transmission failure