Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tuned a V8 Panamera 4S with Great Results

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-13-2014, 03:13 AM
MrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud of
No worries car was not damaged that badly and with the sport design kit and the new HRE's it will look better when it comes back. Though I will be the owner of a new Abarth soon and that will be the most costly part. I have always been no of those warranty what warranty types (I take cars apart that are less than 24 hours old wait till I get done with this little Abarth) so I have never had issues changing things but I do understand those who do. I have pretty strong relationships with the dealers I do business with and they are always interested in what I do to my cars and none of them has ever denied warranty service.

Old 03-13-2014, 07:18 AM
tufosi is on a distinguished road
How much of the power gaing is due to the intake and how much is due to the tunning? I do like the increase in torque and HP in the mid rpms.... since that is where the car tends to be mainly at... but I only would be intersted in the intake.

Old 03-13-2014, 07:34 AM
MrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud of
Based on my experience with intakes without a tune on a N/A engine you are probably not going to get much of a gain probably 10 -15hp if you're lucky. But this could be different but I would not spend the money without the tune.

Old 03-13-2014, 08:14 AM
tufosi is on a distinguished road
really.... ok. thanks for the info.

Old 03-13-2014, 12:33 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
The intake is a good mod to get the throttle response quicker. Usually intakes make power by leaning out the car a bit more. The combined intake and tune is where some nice results happen. As a repeat customer because of your awesome Meisterschaft exhaust, will take care of you. PM me

Old 03-19-2014, 03:49 PM
2010Panny4S will become famous soon enough
So since your actually flashing the ECU, if ever had to bring it back to Porsche for warranty issues, I'd have to bring these back to you for flash back to stock? for warranty issues? Its not like a button where you can click or unhook to return back to stock in a giff if needed.

Old 03-19-2014, 03:53 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Yes but you have to understand that this would be your powertrain warranty only. If you have a issue with your suspension, a rattle, dash light, PCM, seats, this has nothing to do with it. They are not going to be looking for anything unless you blow up a $20K motor.

Old 03-20-2014, 02:20 AM
I will say one thing in all the years I have been doing these types of things to my cars I have never once had an issue with warranty. Though depending on your relationship with your dealer you might want to let them know about the tune just in case some service tech starts poking around your programming.

Old 03-20-2014, 05:39 AM
Former Vendor
Very true! I was up at the dealer playing with the piwis on 3 different ecu types including the new 991. Even the tech was like "we just follow the prompts and it's pretty straight forward". I think and have always felt the warranty void trumor was more caused because of forums. Then again if you blow your motor, have a cage, r compound tires, and your a jerk to the dealer, you signed your line lol. I think Panny guys are A OK!

Old 03-20-2014, 07:54 AM
I would have no trouble doing this(someone needs to give it a try) I will be sure to give a full report when it finished. I just heard my car back together Sport design package on. Will be back next week.

Old 03-27-2014, 03:23 AM
My car is ready(picking it up today) so I guess it is time to have a talk about this mod!

Old 03-27-2014, 09:44 AM
Former Vendor
Ready when you are!

Old 05-19-2014, 06:36 PM
NewTurboMan is just really niceNewTurboMan is just really niceNewTurboMan is just really niceNewTurboMan is just really nice
How does this compare to the OBD II Port tune you sell?

http://www.vividracing.com/catalog/2...150786043.html