Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thoughts on this build?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-11-2014, 08:06 AM
MrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by GladiatorOwner
My comment was not intended as a slam. Apologies if it came off wrong. You certainly have a vast knowledge of these and many other cars! And it's very true that these cars lose so much value after a year or 2 it's crazy. This is why I just bought a 2012 and not a 14......

No worries, I write novels and I know when I am being slammed! You can look at this a lot of ways there was a time I'd keep as many as 16 cars at a time turn them into crazy fast machines and then be lucky if I got to hit 70mph once a month with traffic the way it is around here. I'd justify it by saying to myself I know how fast it is! It took a while to grow up and realize damn look at this money I am throwing away and for what (in the last year I've gotten two tickets for going 42 in a 25MPH zone), damn I'm speed racer. The car you see in the photo took 11 months to build cost more than a 458 and I designed about 30 of the parts myself. It weighs about what my Fiat Abarth does has almost 600hp no traction controls is 8 years old and has a little over 15K miles. Why, well most people only get in it once and it is only safe when the road temperature is over 50 degrees. Porsche's are great cars don't get me wrong I never intended to by the Panamera it was just the perfect car and an amazing deal. I just put on the Sport design package and have HRE wheels waiting for tires but I am already eyeing my S class coupe as a replacement. I'm sure many of you think the same way so all I say is if that is the way you think why buy new. Just another way to look at things, no right or wrong answer to this.