Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

thinking on some new shoes

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-18-2014, 05:30 AM
MrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud of
Thanks I have not been called Dude in over 30 years (since I used to travel with the Dead). I hate to sound like a kill joy but after owning over 500 cars in my lifetime designing and patenting car systems (I never made it past the 8th grade so I had something to prove to myself)and parts along with building one off cars to fit a particular driver I have learned a few things along the way. I may never sell the one of a kind 997 pictured (it is 8 years old with a little over 16k on it) it is insanely fast and my reflexes are not good enough (along with my RA) any more to really be able to drive it the way it was built to driven nor does where I live allow for speeds higher than 45mph most of the time. I don't fault tuners they are in business to sell you things. Do those things make the car better sometimes yes and sometimes no. That depends on what your goal is. When it comes to cars I am at the been there done that stage in life and have learned the hard way that the mod bug (along with the switching cars every few weeks) can be expensive. In the end it is your car and your money and I have and still do advise many people on doing mods to cars and I always, always tell them this. Never start to mod any car until you truly know how to drive it. And I mean turn off the stupid traction controls take it somewhere like a big empty parking lot and let it loose. You will probably find out your car is a lot more fun than you think it is bone stock. Then you start changing things based on what you feel is lacking in the car, not what some tuner tells you you need. My cars days are pretty much over (now I write novels to try and change the world), I no longer have that desire I once had and I picked up a little Abarth got it up 220hp/235lbs tq and I have as much in it as I ever had in my Porsche's, Ferrari's and Lambo's and end up driving that and my new Jeep Grand Cherokee more than either of the Porsche's. I hope none of you take this the wrong way but these days most people I run into mod their cars not because they need the extra power but for the mental bragging rights that go along with the money they spent on the mods.

Old 05-18-2014, 08:00 AM
benblack is a jewel in the roughbenblack is a jewel in the roughbenblack is a jewel in the rough
Novels huh bread. Send me some I've done modding of normal cars when I was younger. Remember I bought kamanaris eclipse widebody kit back in 99 was like one of the first 10 they sold. Was sick. Ended up putting a custom turbo on the non turbo motor. Was probably heaven than my p by the time I was done with air ride etc. Lol. Was fun but Def a money pit. I think it would be fun to keep up or beat my buddies lambo. Can't imagine when I pass him what his mods will cost lol

Old 05-18-2014, 11:19 AM
Pbread is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by benblack
.... I think it would be fun to keep up or beat my buddies lambo. Can't imagine when I pass him what his mods will cost lol

it would probably look something like this....

Old 05-18-2014, 01:01 PM
benblack is a jewel in the roughbenblack is a jewel in the roughbenblack is a jewel in the rough
I like that he will be heated. Lol

Old 05-19-2014, 04:22 AM
MrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud of
LOL, actually I donate all the money to charities, though there was a movie treatment done for my first novel and it is making its way around Hollywood studios so who knows.