Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2013 Panamera 4 vs. 2010 Panamera Turbo

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-16-2014, 06:16 PM
N4ARIDE is on a distinguished road
2013 Panamera 4 vs. 2010 Panamera Turbo

Looking for advice...I'm new to 6speedonline!

I purchased a 2013 Panamera 4 Platinum Edition BLK/BLK nicely optioned, but now I'm having second thoughts if this was the best purchase. The Panamera is a gorgeous automobile and I love the design style; however, the lack of instantaneous V-8 power is somewhat of an issue.

I'm considering trading the Panamera 4 for a 2010 Turbo or 2011 GTS.

What are the pros/cons?

Thanks!

N4ARIDE

Old 05-16-2014, 06:31 PM
benblack is a jewel in the roughbenblack is a jewel in the roughbenblack is a jewel in the rough
Turbo. So many options to make faster

Old 05-16-2014, 08:21 PM
nick.kapoor is on a distinguished road
Want speed then a 8 cylinder. However, I do feel that the 6 cylinder is more nimble and handles better. Definitely not the power of an 8 but the way it sticks, i wish i could have that in my 8 cylinder. So as you can see, this decision sucks big time.

Old 05-16-2014, 08:54 PM
Thanks Benblack, appreciate the feed back.

Old 05-16-2014, 09:00 PM
Nick,

Thanks...you make a good argument...I have a tough decision to make. I love the handling of the P4, but would love the power of the GTS or Turbo. Just don't know if trading in 2013 P4 for a 2010 turbo is a good investment.

Last edited by N4ARIDE; 05-16-2014 at 09:01 PM. Reason: correction
Old 05-16-2014, 10:18 PM
swdea is on a distinguished road
I have a 2013 P4 Platinum Edition and love it. Keep in mind that the Platinum Edition has many special features that make it unique.

Old 05-17-2014, 05:09 AM
NewTurboMan is just really niceNewTurboMan is just really niceNewTurboMan is just really niceNewTurboMan is just really nice
Originally Posted by N4ARIDE
Nick,

Thanks...you make a good argument...I have a tough decision to make. I love the handling of the P4, but would love the power of the GTS or Turbo. Just don't know if trading in 2013 P4 for a 2010 turbo is a good investment.
Quick answer, No. If "investment" is any part of the decision, trading in a 2013 for a 2010 is a horrible investment. Does not mean it is a bad decision, just from an investment perspective you will take a big hit on the P4, probably near 15% - 20% of sticker.

I drove both the P4 and 4S prior to buying the 4S, but have to say the 4 had reasonable power and felt lighter and more direct in handling. The Turbo is another class of car.

Old 05-17-2014, 06:57 AM
New Turbo Man,

Thanks for the great advice, I think I will keep the P4 it is an awesome car and aside from the extra horsepower I'm not giving up much. A few years down the road I will purchase a Cayman S for joy rides...

Old 05-17-2014, 07:28 AM
benblack is a jewel in the roughbenblack is a jewel in the roughbenblack is a jewel in the rough
I bought a 4s love the car my first p car. About 5 months into it read too much on what everyone was saying and doing with their turbos. Well I know I lost money in trading but so much happier with the turbo. Can't wait til my goodies are pit on it next week.

Old 05-17-2014, 08:19 AM
porschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by benblack
I bought a 4s love the car my first p car. About 5 months into it read too much on what everyone was saying and doing with their turbos. Well I know I lost money in trading but so much happier with the turbo. Can't wait til my goodies are pit on it next week.

Than after you mod the ptt you will want a 911 turbo

Old 05-17-2014, 08:54 AM
Yea I've been told that lol

Old 05-17-2014, 09:44 AM
supercup is on a distinguished road
All the goodness of the Panny will remain and the smiles from the driving experience with more power will simply go up. You will be very happy if you make the switch.

You can't look at it as an investment, it is simply part of your entertainment budget. And you get to enjoy it everyday - so what is a smile worth to you everytime you get in your car? That is the amount you should spend to move up the Panny food chain.

TT or GTS - GTS has great sound and good handling. TT offer Jeckel and Hyde - sport luxury that can go like stink when you want. I have a TT and would not choose any other Panny to replace it. Love the boost and the ability to quietly move along, then simply crush almost anyone in my path.

Good luck with your decision!

Old 05-17-2014, 10:30 AM
Very tough decision to make, but I'm glad that we all are in a position to drive these amazing vehicles and can choose whether to move up to a GTS or TT with little reservation. Most people can only dream -- so its truly a blessing!

Thanks for all the positive feedback!

Old 05-17-2014, 01:09 PM
Banned
doktorek has a spectacular aura aboutdoktorek has a spectacular aura aboutdoktorek has a spectacular aura about
If you drive a v6 and you are OK with power on it - keep it. If you want more power - go with a turbo and skip the GTS. GTS is close to 4S. GTS will be improvement but Turbo will come with a "FUN" factor.
I drive a 420 HP 7-series and looking for a PTT. 4S is just like my car and it has plenty of power. But I want PTT becasue its SO MUCH MORE FUN to drive and there is such an acceleration rush that you will fall in love.
Some dealers told me that people get a panamera 4 (or anything less than S-series) - to show off that you have a Porsche. True porsche lover buys a porsche for the FUN factor not for the status. So it all depends who you are and what your priority is.
You must test drive it GTS and PTT. You will know. I was originally looking for the S model but fell in love with PTT power.

Old 05-17-2014, 07:03 PM
neuneleven has a spectacular aura aboutneuneleven has a spectacular aura about
There's nothing wrong with a P4 if it feels fast enough. There's nothing correct either about anyone not owning less than an s simply getting the car for the badge. dealers want to sell cars and make profits, and not all of them own Porsches and certainly not the majority of them who do own one purchase these cars at full price either. Accordingly, I take their opinions with pinch ( and sometimes spoonful) of salt.

I think these cars are much more multifaceted than just the power of the engine. I have a full leather interior and that alone compared to other cars in this class - except for the new S class Benz perhaps, stands heads and shoulder above the rest. If you are one who appreciates that, that's a good enough reason got get in to a P4. Similarly, the handling despite the size of the car is probably also best in class. It's not all about inertia - though that it certainly a very important aspect of the fun, especially if you can wing it. I drive a 4s and I am happy with it. I have been more than once tempted to get a turbo because I could get it, but have repeatedly backed down because, I do enjoy the car as it is and the interior for me is much more important. Sure i could get the fully decked out interior in the turbo, but I very simply put do not need it. For me the 4 will be just a little weaker than I would like coming from my prior 997.2 but that in no way makes it a lesser car. There are a good number of us and other in this forums who are absolute fans of the turbo and that is great, that they enjoy it and I am happy for them! To each, their own however.

To the OP, I personally think getting a 2010 turbo is potentially looking for trouble. It is the first model year of all altogether new model. While these cars are reliable, they are not perfect. With a 2010 you will be out of extended warranty in another 1-2 years - I wouldn't even consider it without extended warranty. If you want it for a year or two then go ahead. If you'll keep it for longer, make a jump to a more recent model - or stay put in your current car.