Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Panamera Reliability

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-27-2014, 01:18 PM
umwolverine will become famous soon enoughumwolverine will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by NiceCar
My independent mechanic told me to only own an Audi when it's under warranty since they develop a lot of mechanical issues after a while. He gets a lot of them in his shop for repair.
Heard the same thing from my mechanic - his unforgettable quote:

"have you ever seen a really nice old Audi?"

Old 05-27-2014, 02:22 PM
NiceCar Is a GOD !NiceCar Is a GOD !NiceCar Is a GOD !NiceCar Is a GOD !NiceCar Is a GOD !NiceCar Is a GOD !NiceCar Is a GOD !NiceCar Is a GOD !NiceCar Is a GOD !NiceCar Is a GOD !NiceCar Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by umwolverine
Heard the same thing from my mechanic - his unforgettable quote:

"have you ever seen a really nice old Audi?"

Hmm... come to think of it, no.

Old 05-30-2014, 11:12 AM
supercup is on a distinguished road
I have a 2012 PTT with 47,xxx miles on it - 2 years old, not a single issue, just regular maintenance.

LCA is a must have option on the Panny - really helps out in dialy driving, as the blind spot for lane changes is tough.

Old 05-31-2014, 02:53 PM
kip
kip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to behold
Early Panameras had issues. Feg my car had all the faults you can find, but I took it to the repair shop for every fault as I have warranty and then when they change all the known faults, it has been really reliable. The funny thing all the parts have had a new part number, so these are known faults. Still as it is an expensive car, I would get a warranty though. My same age Audi Q5 has been bullitproof and sadly have to change it for a BMW X5, as we need the space. I wouldn't chose Audi vs Porsche based on reliability, it is the same VW organization and many of the buttons and parts are identical in A7 and Panamera.

Old 06-01-2014, 02:41 PM
speedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by carsnob
Ever notice how many Audis on the road have only one headlight/driving light working?
I drove one as a courtesy car and it was a p.o.s. Retarded design for the radio and for the heating/fan system. You have to push buttons then rotate the dial to simply turn on a fan. Couldn't pay me to give up a P4S for an Audi.
Funny you should say that lol. Relative just got a new panny GTS and 3 days in the left LED head light started flickering non stop then got 5 error codes.

Old 04-19-2015, 12:04 PM
NiceCar Is a GOD !NiceCar Is a GOD !NiceCar Is a GOD !NiceCar Is a GOD !NiceCar Is a GOD !NiceCar Is a GOD !NiceCar Is a GOD !NiceCar Is a GOD !NiceCar Is a GOD !NiceCar Is a GOD !NiceCar Is a GOD !
I don't know how much this relates to the Panamera in particular, but Porsche overall got a pretty bad rating from What Car? and Warranty Direct.

From best to worst:

1 Honda
2 Suzuki
3 Toyota
4 Chevrolet
4 Mazda
6 Ford
7 Lexus
8 Skoda
9 Hyundai
9 Nissan
9 Subaru
12 Daewoo
12 Peugeot
14 Fiat
15 Citroen
16 Smart
17 Mitsubishi
18 Kia
19 Vauxhall
20 Seat
21 Renault
22 Mini
23 Volkswagen
24 Rover
25 Volvo
26 Saab
27 Land Rover
28 BMW
28 MG
30 Jaguar
31 SsangYong
32 Mercedes-Benz
33 Chrysler
34 Audi
35 Jeep
36 Porsche
37 Bentley

http://www.whatcar.com/car-news/hond...r-2015/1342848

This list looks a little suspicious to me.

Old 04-20-2015, 04:08 PM
Former Vendor
HOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute
Air suspension...control arms.

The two things to consider when talking Panny reliability. Everything else, as long as it's properly maintained - and I can't stress that enough - should be relatively reliable. Nothing out of the ordinary that we've seen over the past few years here at the shop!

Old 04-26-2015, 05:26 PM
twodan is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by NiceCar
My independent mechanic told me to only own an Audi when it's under warranty since they develop a lot of mechanical issues after a while. He gets a lot of them in his shop for repair.
We've had a CPO 2008 A6 for almost 4 years, and besides expensive headlight bulb replacement, and close to 80K, it's been dependable and had no major repairs. Maybe he gets a lot in his shop because he's good at repairing and maintaining them?

Old 04-26-2015, 09:16 PM
TheBeav will become famous soon enough
Panamera Reliability

love my PTT. 2011 40k miles. no real issues.