Sponsored by:

Panamera Reliability

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-20-2014, 08:21 AM
shorttough is on a distinguished road
Panamera Reliability

Hi all,
i'm torn between a 2012 Panamera 4 and an Audi a7. Wondering if you have all experienced any mechanical/cosmetic issues, that might hinder me from pursuing a panny. Having come from a BMW, i've experienced all kinds of problems a car could have, i really don't want to go through this again on my daily drive.

Old 05-20-2014, 09:12 AM
dhh
dhh has a spectacular aura aboutdhh has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by shorttough
Hi all,
i'm torn between a 2012 Panamera 4 and an Audi a7. Wondering if you have all experienced any mechanical/cosmetic issues, that might hinder me from pursuing a panny. Having come from a BMW, i've experienced all kinds of problems a car could have, i really don't want to go through this again on my daily drive.

my last two panameras have been bullet proof - in shop only for scheduled maintenance.

Old 05-20-2014, 09:20 AM
Thanks, i'm really leaning towards a panny... gives me confidence from what you just told me I've gone through the forums, and i see that there are lots of noise issues related to suspension, bushing, and some interior noise. i wonder if this will be a recurring issue.

1. Bushings going bad. (how often?)
2. Front end noises.

Old 05-20-2014, 10:01 AM
NiceCar Is a GOD !NiceCar Is a GOD !NiceCar Is a GOD !NiceCar Is a GOD !NiceCar Is a GOD !NiceCar Is a GOD !NiceCar Is a GOD !NiceCar Is a GOD !NiceCar Is a GOD !NiceCar Is a GOD !NiceCar Is a GOD !
My independent mechanic told me to only own an Audi when it's under warranty since they develop a lot of mechanical issues after a while. He gets a lot of them in his shop for repair.

Old 05-20-2014, 10:05 AM
Leslierc is a jewel in the roughLeslierc is a jewel in the roughLeslierc is a jewel in the rough
I own an `11 P4S that now has about 17800 on the odometer. I use it as my daily driver and aside from a problem about a year ago with a loose sensor associated with the PASM the car has been a tank. I really love this car!

Old 05-20-2014, 10:22 AM
Agree. its a great looking car. Normal sensor wear is somewhat okay. My biggest worry would be if i were to add 22" rims, mod the bumper and side skirts and exhaust.. then things start to fall apart.

Old 05-20-2014, 03:07 PM
cole328 is a glorious beacon of lightcole328 is a glorious beacon of lightcole328 is a glorious beacon of lightcole328 is a glorious beacon of lightcole328 is a glorious beacon of lightcole328 is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Leslierc
I own an `11 P4S that now has about 17800 on the odometer. I use it as my daily driver and aside from a problem about a year ago with a loose sensor associated with the PASM the car has been a tank. I really love this car!
+100 I have a '13 GTS as my DD....just turned 15K miles not one issue (and I drive this bad boy the way it was meant to be)

Old 05-20-2014, 03:17 PM
Fkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant future
I had a 2010 PTT. It was bullet proof. Absolutely no dealership visits needed except maintenance.

I have a 2014 P4S now and my PCM started to bug out which needed a software update. I just got my 10k service done and have close to 11k on the odometer. Other then a turbo clamp spring and hose update, nothing to worry about so far....

Old 05-20-2014, 05:35 PM
tengtengvn is on a distinguished road
Burn too much oil, but other than that no issue. '10 PS with 45k miles.

Old 05-20-2014, 06:41 PM
maverick997 is a name known to allmaverick997 is a name known to allmaverick997 is a name known to allmaverick997 is a name known to allmaverick997 is a name known to allmaverick997 is a name known to all
Came out of M5....looked at Audi A7 no rear head room....love the Panamera as daily driver. Had upper and lower control arm bushing replaced under warranty. Wonderful cruiser or stop and go plodder and you don't see as many on the road.....plus the Audi sets off my Valentine!!! I have decided it's not a fuzz buster but an Audi Finder!!!!

Old 05-20-2014, 06:50 PM
denversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond repute
They are, as you've read, reliable and dependable. However I've heard that if one hears you calling it a panny, it will implode on you.

Old 05-20-2014, 06:54 PM
nick.kapoor is on a distinguished road
It's like fine wine.... More you drive it, more you want to upgrade to a faster model. That's the only suckee thing about it. So just get a PTTs and you are done.

Old 05-20-2014, 07:19 PM
Banned
doktorek has a spectacular aura aboutdoktorek has a spectacular aura aboutdoktorek has a spectacular aura about
I dont have the Panny yet (Im almost there), also came out of BMW (very happy with it) and it seems that Panny is very reliable from what Im seeing on this forum for the last 6 months.You may have more bells and whistles with an AUDI than a porsche (push button start, lane assist, etc)

Old 05-20-2014, 08:26 PM
nick.kapoor is on a distinguished road
I came from the Audi a6. Had all the lane change and push buttons which are not inu p4s. Then again who needs lca when there will be no one next to you. Lol

Old 05-20-2014, 09:38 PM
carsnob is on a distinguished road
Ever notice how many Audis on the road have only one headlight/driving light working?
I drove one as a courtesy car and it was a p.o.s. Retarded design for the radio and for the heating/fan system. You have to push buttons then rotate the dial to simply turn on a fan. Couldn't pay me to give up a P4S for an Audi.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Panamera Reliability