Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I'm digging the sound of the meisrchaft valved exhaust

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-29-2014, 11:41 AM
benblack is a jewel in the roughbenblack is a jewel in the roughbenblack is a jewel in the rough
Cool the ap one is cool but awe sounds like a beast

Old 05-29-2014, 03:17 PM
XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !
AWE does sound great.

Old 05-31-2014, 05:08 AM
Pbread is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by GladiatorOwner
Curious if there is any drone in cabin when valves are open or closed??? Anyone with experience on this....
I have the meisterchaft with valves and valves closed it cuts nearly all cabin volume down to a minimum... Open valves / windows down it's a beast. (Also have downpipes and res delete w/ xpipe)

Old 05-31-2014, 06:18 AM
GladiatorOwner is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Pbread
I have the meisterchaft with valves and valves closed it cuts nearly all cabin volume down to a minimum... Open valves / windows down it's a beast. (Also have downpipes and res delete w/ xpipe)
Good to know. So for clarification, do you consider the sound/volume in the cabin a droning sound - obviously when the valves are open?

Old 06-02-2014, 10:28 AM
Remember my setup is a full system that includes the Fabspeed downpipes with 200 cell cats, the Fabspeed xpipe (that removes a huge resonator) and then the axel back Meisterschaft GTC exhaust so this may be different than what you are considering. I can tell you it’s an amazing sounding setup as I get continual complements related to how the car sounds… total beast mode.

With this setup the following resonator (pretty huge) is removed:

To look like this:

My findings are this… With valves open, there is somewhat of a cabin hum at the very low RPMs (from 1-2k) with 1.4k-1.5k being the most noticeable (but still isn’t really enough to bother me or my wife as the sound is more exhaust tone and less just a “drone”). This is less noticeable in these very low RPMs when you close the valves but still is somewhat present.

What this translates into is if you drive the car in regular mode (non sport or super sport), the car will hover in these very low rpms at cruise and produce these results. That being said, I almost always drive in sport mode and sport mode introduces rmps at the low end over at 2k+ where really any hum or drone in the cabin is not present at all (just full on sound of an amazing engine and exhaust).

With just the Meisterschaft GTC (axel back portion), and keeping the stock downpipe/ mid pipes there of course could be varied results as you are getting close to a strait pipe cat system and removing a huge resonator with the xpipe if you go with the full setup similar to what I did.

I am extremely happy with the results / the sound of my pani but different strokes for different folks. Some may not want to consider the fierce ground shaking goodness that this car can produce… (I'm absolutely hooked on driving through tunnels with this setup)

-Bread

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	resdelete.jpg
Views:	202
Size:	109.8 KB
ID:	381480   Click image for larger version

Name:	fullex.jpeg
Views:	216
Size:	109.2 KB
ID:	381481  
Old 06-02-2014, 11:35 AM
THIS is very helpful. Thank you. I just traded my '13 F10 M5 for the PTT and had an Eisenmann-Race axelback on the M which sounded awesome but had some drone at lower RPMs, which I shifted to a lower gear to rectify it. Wasnt terribly bad but sometimes a bit annoying. So, I am trying to avoid a drone. I was also trying to gauge if the valves really do what they have been marketed to do.....

Old 06-03-2014, 05:16 AM
The valves certainly do work very well... Ex: Inside the cabin at idle with valves open, you can hear the exhaust fairly well- with valves closed at idle, completely silent. Open valves vs closed when running - quite a significant difference there as well... I'll try to post some clips if I get a chance

Old 06-03-2014, 06:45 AM
Originally Posted by Pbread
The valves certainly do work very well... Ex: Inside the cabin at idle with valves open, you can hear the exhaust fairly well- with valves closed at idle, completely silent. Open valves vs closed when running - quite a significant difference there as well... I'll try to post some clips if I get a chance
Also very good to know. I don't mind rumble and even some drone, it's passengers that are not big fans of it..... Ha

Last question, do you know if the OEM exhaust needs to be cut or is everything "pieced" together? Sorta plug and play, no cutting?

Old 06-03-2014, 09:47 PM
Originally Posted by GladiatorOwner
Last question, do you know if the OEM exhaust needs to be cut or is everything "pieced" together? Sorta plug and play, no cutting?

Not sure 100% but the performance shop said it was a pretty easy install (and certainly reversible)... The downpipes are apparently rather difficult to install however

Last edited by Pbread; 06-03-2014 at 09:52 PM.
Old 06-06-2014, 08:56 AM
Was able to get a quick clip yesterday (video isn't the best but audio is ok) of a pull from 75 mph / 3.5k rmp so you guys can hear what it sounds like with valves open while running.

Valves open running:

Panamera Turbo pull from 75 mph / 3.5k rpm to 110+ mph. Panamera is equipped with Fabspeed Downpipes / Xpipe and Meisterschaft GTC exhaust.

Old 06-06-2014, 10:59 AM
Very nice. That's what it should sound from the factory!

Old 06-06-2014, 11:03 AM
tufosi is on a distinguished road
Got the Paypal funds last night... so the exhaust is sold to another memeber here. Prob the best sounding exhaust I heard on the Panamera V8

Old 06-06-2014, 12:07 PM
2010Panny4S will become famous soon enough
Congrats Tufosi, that exhaust does sound sweet.

Old 06-06-2014, 01:38 PM
Former Vendor
Emmanuele Design has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuele Design has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuele Design has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuele Design has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuele Design has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuele Design has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuele Design has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuele Design has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuele Design has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuele Design has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuele Design has a reputation beyond repute
For anyone looking for a new exhaust for their PTT, feel free to send me a PM for a 6speed discount. We are dealers for both AWE and Tubi and can offer great prices on each.