Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Turbo at the Docks

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-08-2014, 09:41 PM
donutcritic is on a distinguished road
How many days did it take between the boat hitting port and the car arriving at your dealer? My MY14 PTT was on Cygnus Leader which landed in San Diego on June 4... still waiting for an update.

Old 06-09-2014, 06:18 PM
Gelmachine is just really niceGelmachine is just really niceGelmachine is just really niceGelmachine is just really nice
Donut - I'll try to get some details. I believe I had an early May build. They put in my order in mid-March so it's unlikely that it was an April build because April production should be locked down by Mid-March.

With an assumption that I had an early May build, my dealer just called to let me know the Car is here. I'm hoping to pick it up on Thursday so East Coast deliveries are within 4 weeks of the build date...or something like that.

Hope this helps?

Cheers,

Old 06-11-2014, 04:14 PM
Originally Posted by Gelmachine
With an assumption that I had an early May build, my dealer just called to let me know the Car is here. I'm hoping to pick it up on Thursday so East Coast deliveries are within 4 weeks of the build date...or something like that.
Thanks, I am mostly curious on the time between boat arriving at port and when it was delivered to your dealership. My PTT was ordered in January, scheduled for March 19 build which slipped to April 24 and then shipped on May 13. The boat unloaded in San Diego on June 6 and its back to a schedule blackhole.

Old 06-11-2014, 04:31 PM
Gelmachine is just really niceGelmachine is just really niceGelmachine is just really niceGelmachine is just really nice
Originally Posted by donutcritic
Thanks, I am mostly curious on the time between boat arriving at port and when it was delivered to your dealership. My PTT was ordered in January, scheduled for March 19 build which slipped to April 24 and then shipped on May 13. The boat unloaded in San Diego on June 6 and its back to a schedule blackhole.
Donut - I got the call last week that the car was at the dock and it was delivered to the dealership yesterday. So from dock to dealership in metro NYC is less than a week.

Old 06-12-2014, 12:27 AM
Yogi784 is on a distinguished road
Hope this helps with a Left coast timeline - My January order for March build was unloaded from the boat at San Diego on 4/28. The dealer (Carlsen) said 1-2 weeks for pickup. On 5/2 they had the trucking schedule and gave me an estimate of 5/9 and I drove off on 5/9. The wait sucks, but you'll be driving it real soon!

Old 06-12-2014, 05:52 AM
EliahP is on a distinguished road
Big Congrats. What will you do with the GTS?

Old 06-16-2014, 02:32 PM
Originally Posted by Yogi784
Hope this helps with a Left coast timeline - My January order for March build was unloaded from the boat at San Diego on 4/28. The dealer (Carlsen) said 1-2 weeks for pickup. On 5/2 they had the trucking schedule and gave me an estimate of 5/9 and I drove off on 5/9. The wait sucks, but you'll be driving it real soon!
I changed my order from Carlsen > Rector and suspect I was played in regards to the actual build date. At least I got a better price! Today's update is my PTT is in the San Diego body shop without an ETA.

Old 06-16-2014, 05:42 PM
I changed my order from Carlsen > Rector and suspect I was played in regards to the actual build date. At least I got a better price! Today's update is my PTT is in the San Diego body shop without an ETA.
Why is it in the body shop?

Old 06-17-2014, 04:06 PM
Originally Posted by Gelmachine
Why is it in the body shop?
This is what the dealer told me, apparently a common problem, though after searching the forums there are no other reports.

I have been talking to the port and I was just informed the splash panel under the Panamera was scraped while the car was coming off the boat. Porsche has ordered a new one and it will be installed at the port. Porsche will not release any port cars unless they are perfect. As soon as I know the delay I can pass it on. I was told the scrape was minor but they still have to put a new one on.

Crazy.