Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Panamera GTS or Turbo

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-10-2014, 11:41 AM
NelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by supercup
This has been debated a lot here. I think you have to decide if you want engine note or if you want power. GTS is a great car - super sound, great handling etc... PTT has the power. If you want engine note in PTT you need to add down pipes and exhaust, GIAC and your done close to 600 hp and all the torque you could ever want.

I have PTT and love it. It may not be as engaging as a GTS to drive, but it is in a different speed class. I would go Turbo!

I did the same as described above, it address the sound issue plus adds another 100hp. IMO its the way to go-especially if you find a well maintained, nicely spec'd preowned car. The PTT is great with these minor mods.

Old 07-10-2014, 12:14 PM
Former Vendor
Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by NelsonF
I did the same as described above, it address the sound issue plus adds another 100hp. IMO its the way to go-especially if you find a well maintained, nicely spec'd preowned car. The PTT is great with these minor mods.
Modded PTTs are one of my favorite cars to drive. The torque these cars have is something unique. The first time I ever went WOT on one, it was a bit shocking to me that something this big could accelerate that aggressively.

Old 07-13-2014, 12:51 AM
kip
kip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to behold
This has been debated a lot here.

I have PTT and love it. It may not be as engaging as a GTS to drive, but it is in a different speed class. I would go Turbo!
+1 to that

Old 07-13-2014, 08:21 AM
georgemaser is a glorious beacon of lightgeorgemaser is a glorious beacon of lightgeorgemaser is a glorious beacon of lightgeorgemaser is a glorious beacon of lightgeorgemaser is a glorious beacon of light
So I drove the PGTS and PTT back to back yesterday. Both were great but coming from a CTT I definitely liked the PTT more then the PGTS. The torque pull of the PTT was intoxicating to me. The exhaust sound wasn't bad. Certainly not as wonderful as the GTS, but much improved from my 2011 PTT. I think I will be getting a PTT. Now I just need to figure if I want to get one that's out there (with a discount ?). Or order one.

Old 07-19-2014, 07:12 PM
Pbread is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Bgluckdo
So I drove the PGTS and PTT back to back yesterday. Both were great but coming from a CTT I definitely liked the PTT more then the PGTS. The torque pull of the PTT was intoxicating to me. The exhaust sound wasn't bad. Certainly not as wonderful as the GTS, but much improved from my 2011 PTT. I think I will be getting a PTT. Now I just need to figure if I want to get one that's out there (with a discount ?). Or order one.

The exhaust sound on the PTT can go from "not bad" to really just incredible pretty easily... check out meisterchaft, fabspeed (down/xpipes) and capristo for just a taste of whats out there...

Old 07-20-2014, 02:20 PM
chance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Pbread

The exhaust sound on the PTT can go from "not bad" to really just incredible pretty easily... check out meisterchaft, fabspeed (down/xpipes) and capristo for just a taste of whats out there...
So what additional price to make those mods? I drove a 2012 turbo s last weekend and wasn't crazy about how floaty and quiet it was. GTS seemed more buckled down.

Old 07-20-2014, 02:31 PM
chance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to behold
This has been debated a lot here. I think you have to decide if you want engine note or if you want power. GTS is a great car - super sound, great handling etc... PTT has the power. If you want engine note in PTT you need to add down pipes and exhaust, GIAC and your done close to 600 hp and all the torque you could ever want.

Even so, does the turbo have the sound symposer thru the pillars?

Old 07-20-2014, 02:40 PM
Originally Posted by chance6
Even so, does the turbo have the sound symposer thru the pillars?
Not sure but I don't think that's needed when you can feel the rumble and experience the right modified PTT exhaust system

Old 07-20-2014, 02:54 PM
Originally Posted by chance6
So what additional price to make those mods? I drove a 2012 turbo s last weekend and wasn't crazy about how floaty and quiet it was. GTS seemed more buckled down.
Certainly agree - I quickly removed after purchasing my turbo the stock "sport" exhaust (what sport??)... I'm amazed what our cars can (and should) sound like.

You can greatly improve the sound for 3.5k or do the ultimate and upgrade entire exhaust system (which I did - 200 cell cat downpipes / xpipe resonator delete to axle back exhaust w/ valves) and gain a good bit of HP for 7.5k (plus labor)...

Sell your stock "sport exhaust" on eBay and proceeds should pay for all the labor

Old 07-20-2014, 06:48 PM
dhh
dhh has a spectacular aura aboutdhh has a spectacular aura about
I think the power is truly impressive in the PTT - I would never give up that much HP for the sound of the exhaust note. I'm on my second PTT and thinking of a PTT-S next.

Old 07-21-2014, 12:33 PM
NelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by dhh
I think the power is truly impressive in the PTT - I would never give up that much HP for the sound of the exhaust note. I'm on my second PTT and thinking of a PTT-S next.

This says a lot and I concur, it is a much more impressive car than I originally expected and I've kept the car longer than most of my other Porsches. However, the correct spec goes a long way. PDCC, PTV, Sport Chrono, sport exhaust all contribute to the overall feel and experience (obviously, not all Panny Turbo's are spec'd this way)-especially when combined with the exhaust and ecu enhancements mentioned in this thread.

Old 07-28-2014, 08:08 PM
chenchen is on a distinguished road
gts for the sound, turbo for the speed,

Old 07-28-2014, 09:32 PM
Originally Posted by chenchen
gts for the sound, turbo for the speed,
GTS 0-60 in 4 sec not exactly shabby! On par with carrera s in 1/4 mile...and buckled down AWD

Old 07-30-2014, 05:51 AM
cole328 is a glorious beacon of lightcole328 is a glorious beacon of lightcole328 is a glorious beacon of lightcole328 is a glorious beacon of lightcole328 is a glorious beacon of lightcole328 is a glorious beacon of light
+1....

plus, with the sound of the GTS, as we all know, you just feel like you are going faster...:-)